EK Slaughter out at Cleveland

Well, coach, you obviously have different ties to the school than I, or our ties are telling different stories. Guess we'll have to see how this all unfolds.

I actually talked to the horse and he said they called him and he told them he would listen to what they have to say after the season is over. But the horse told me that most likely the only job he would leave for would be a private school or an out of state team. He will not set himself up for an opportunity to fail. Private school you can recruit and out of state if it had a large talent pool. Both = money and opportunity to win. Not sure if Cleveland will be able to offer both. And he is the one who said Brentwood coach had been contacted also.

I actually talked to the horse and he said they called him and he told them he would listen to what they have to say after the season is over. But the horse told me that most likely the only job he would leave for would be a private school or an out of state team. He will not set himself up for an opportunity to fail. Private school you can recruit and out of state if it had a large talent pool. Both = money and opportunity to win. Not sure if Cleveland will be able to offer both. And he is the one who said Brentwood coach had been contacted also.

I have to agree on most of this. Rankin would be crazy not to listen, but has a sweet deal now and things going his way. Why take on the rebuilding job at Cleveland, other than for the challenge (excluding money) and run the risk of failure?

His smart move would be to Georgia, to build a second retirement account at higher pay, or a private school where he really can control what he has to work with.

And remember, he was a candidate for the job at Cleveland before and the deal didn't work out, because of certain conditions, so what is to say it would now?

I have to agree on most of this. Rankin would be crazy not to listen, but has a sweet deal now and things going his way. Why take on the rebuilding job at Cleveland, other than for the challenge (excluding money) and run the risk of failure?

His smart move would be to Georgia, to build a second retirement account at higher pay, or a private school where he really can control what he has to work with.

And remember, he was a candidate for the job at Cleveland before and the deal didn't work out, because of certain conditions, so what is to say it would now?

Alan Jones has deep pockets, so I'd think out of respect Rankin will listen. But he need look no further than the last Alan Jones project (Slaughter) to see how Alan operates. Plus, why would any sane person leave the Alcoa program for Cleveland's?

Hard to believe he'd be sharing that kind of info openly. Even harder to believe he'd want anyone sharing it here if he did.