Gville vs. Eagleville

owlball

There you go trying to give them more bulletin board material. :roflolk:

I'd say that Eagleville will be the 4th best team we've played thus far behind Trousdale, Friendship, and Smith. I like our chances, even though the Eagleville faithful don't like hearing that. :roflol:

FNL12, you need to let me know how you saw film on Eagleville, I can't find nothing online. We can compare notes. :roflolk:

Croz, I'm liking you better already, that there is a fair assessment in my book. :thumb:

I just call it like I see it. Not trying to be rude or disrespectful. I have seen Gordonsville in person. I know how strong they are. Eagleville WILL NOT keep it close. You heard it here first. Croz, you should know by now that I can usually get close to nailing some of these matchups.

I know a good psychiatrist if you need his number. :roflol:

If the Offense is clicking, they will score more than 30. The question is how much will Eagleville score? Gordonsville's Defense is solid. I do not see Eagleville scoring more than a touchdown on the first unit defense. Defense also has a way of turning turnovers in to points. Is Eagleville a grind it out team or do they have the ability to score from anywhere on the field?

No don't think so, Eagleville's D is much better than you realize. They're a ball control team. They can drive the field but their defense is all about smashmouth and takeaways. They're not overly big but they're fast and they gang tackle. If I have a concern it would be depth, you most likely have the advantage there.

Edited by redkuda

Hey redkuda, maybe you can help out with some info... Is there any power sources on the visitors side and what is the closest you can park to the field... I would appreciate any info if possible

Hmmm, not sure about the power sources on that side, you might call they school's office and ask. As for parking most of the closest parking is taken by season ticket holders reserved I believe. There will be parking around the old gym and front of school, some in the grass, directly across the street by the house closest to the field theres some parking(has a big pasture beside it) though its fenced in for livestock. If you're looking at the front of the school there is a drive on the far right that goes back to the basketball gym with a lot of parking, take the sidewalk thru the courtyard and down by the baseball field straigh to the stadium about 300 yards. Word of advice if you come thru M'boro down hwy 99 when you see the stadium lights slow down, the Eagleville deputies stay very bored and like to give out high speed driving awards, you can come down 840 past m'boro bout 12 miles give or take get off at Nolensville/Eagleville exit go left about 3 miles road splits stay left about 5 miles straigh to Eagleville, there's one light in town turn left at it brings you to the front of the school, right before the school theres an EMT building turn right beside it to go back to the gym parking lot, theres also a church parking lot right across the street. Same goes for the speed coming that way, slow down about the Co-op and you should be ok. Good Lord I just wrote a book.

Hmmm, not sure about the power sources on that side, you might call they school's office and ask. As for parking most of the closest parking is taken by season ticket holders reserved I believe. There will be parking around the old gym and front of school, some in the grass, directly across the street by the house closest to the field theres some parking(has a big pasture beside it) though its fenced in for livestock. If you're looking at the front of the school there is a drive on the far right that goes back to the basketball gym with a lot of parking, take the sidewalk thru the courtyard and down by the baseball field straigh to the stadium about 300 yards. Word of advice if you come thru M'boro down hwy 99 when you see the stadium lights slow down, the Eagleville deputies stay very bored and like to give out high speed driving awards, you can come down 840 past m'boro bout 12 miles give or take get off at Nolensville/Eagleville exit go left about 3 miles road splits stay left about 5 miles straigh to Eagleville, there's one light in town turn left at it brings you to the front of the school, right before the school theres an EMT building turn right beside it to go back to the gym parking lot, theres also a church parking lot right across the street. Same goes for the speed coming that way, slow down about the Co-op and you should be ok. Good Lord I just wrote a book.

I appreciate it... Might have to call the school tomorrow then... Thanks for the heads up on the police don't need any awards from them...

Gordonsville is only a 10 point favorite according to Sonny Moore? WOW, that shocks me. I picked against Eagleville last week. I thought Columbia would beat them, but Eagleville won 21-7. If you only scored 21 on Columbia, you will have alot of trouble scoring 14 on Gordonsville. I am picking Gordonsville 42-7 on Friday night.

It's hard to score any more than 21pts. when you fumble to them 3 or 4 times. I don't think they scored points off any of those fumble recovery's. The offense should have scored more points, but we didn't and we can't play that way against G'ville or anyone else.

What you fail to see is that CA was averaging over 40 points a game for the season. Eagleville held them to 7 which took them a 4th and 4 to get. CA scored 20 on Wayne county which is a powerhouse program like Gordonsville. Eagleville lost 3 fumbles which is not typical, they were plus 21 in turnovers this year, 2 of those were inside CA's 20 yard line and they were driving easily and would've scored most likely both times so it could've been a 35-7 game. Eagleville also got 3 turnovers against CA.

CA's schedule was less than stellar as well. The two good teams they played, they got beat badly.

Yeah, they scored twenty on Wayne, but I heard that was in garbage time.

CA's schedule was less than stellar as well. The two good teams they played, they got beat badly.

Yeah, they scored twenty on Wayne, but I heard that was in garbage time.

Ok and the NCS team y'all beat up on last week was a 4-6 team in the regular season and Moore Co. gave their playoff game away with t/o's. Don't be giving me that ol song and dance about Eagleville being comparable to NCS, that ain't gonna fly. MC shoulda beat em, Cascade and Forrest would've beat em. By the way here are some direct comments from one of Columbia's papers, which will tell you the character and attitude of our team and one of it's leaders, they understand it's one game at a time, nothing meant by it, just letting you see they have respect for the game and their opponents. I'm sure your boys take the same approach.

“This is something we’ve never experienced before,†said Eagleville quarterback Nathan Jernigan. “But we’re just going to take it like any other week. It’s just another chance to win another ball game and advance in the playoffs.†“Everybody carries an equal load. Things just work out like they do,†Jernigan said. “There’s no pressure on me, I’m just playing ball.â€

Ok and the NCS team y'all beat up on last week was a 4-6 team in the regular season and Moore Co. gave their playoff game away with t/o's. Don't be giving me that ol song and dance about Eagleville being comparable to NCS, that ain't gonna fly. MC shoulda beat em, Cascade and Forrest would've beat em. By the way here are some direct comments from one of Columbia's papers, which will tell you the character and attitude of our team and one of it's leaders, they understand it's one game at a time, nothing meant by it, just letting you see they have respect for the game and their opponents. I'm sure your boys take the same approach.

“This is something we’ve never experienced before,†said Eagleville quarterback Nathan Jernigan. “But we’re just going to take it like any other week. It’s just another chance to win another ball game and advance in the playoffs.†“Everybody carries an equal load. Things just work out like they do,†Jernigan said. “There’s no pressure on me, I’m just playing ball.â€

Nowhere in that post did I mention Eagleville or NCS. I was talking about CA and their scores.

As far as the turnovers in the Moore Co.-NC game. Last I checked turnovers were a part of the game.

If you turn the ball over against a decent team, you'll most likely lose.

And I guarantee you our boys are not looking past Eagleville. We have had many trips to the quarters, but not to the semi's since the 80's. The boys and the town is hungry for it.

Here's what I do know, if the Tigers play like they're capable and like they did Friday, I will leave Eagleville happy.

If not, who knows?

I've been on both sides of upsets and I know anything can happen on any given Friday, but my bet is on the boys in blue. :thumb: