Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

Ridgeway WILL be the BEST team HC has faced this year. (it's not even close). If Ridgeway plays HC's schedule, they would be 12-0. If HC plays Rideways schedule, they would be 10-2 (maybe 11-1). I expect to see a very good game Friday.

Go Big Red

That's a very good point. I don't think we could beat Skyline, but we'd take care of the other two... "Da Haven" and White Station.

Look, no one on here needs to hear that no one knows who will win until the game has been played....we all deep down know thats the truth. I feel we have a good chance to advance and I'm sure the Ridgeway faithful believe the same. Thank God for this.....it makes for some fun anxiety and anticipation all week. The weather forecast at this time for Friday night looks excellent. If both teams play their "A" game it might be the best game played in the state this week!!

I see this game being a very emotional game for both squads, and who ever wants it more. I think HC wants it more, they want to shut the critics up for once and finally prove to everyone that they can compete against the big schools and win against them. The hype for this game is already out of this world and its only Monday, everyone who knows Henry County football is talking about it. I'm so eager to watch these two great schools compete but Henry County takes it 35-21. Our defense is just going to be too much, we can adjust to anything in my opinion. Ridgeway will get a big play on them but after that big play the defense knows what to look for and they will strike. Also Ridgeway players want the ball anytime but if Dawson takes a big smack from Quan or Rock he might be second guessing, I know he is a great athlete but for his size taking hits simultaneously. But it's gonna be a fast pased football match with all the speed on display at Patriot Stadium. I also DON'T doubt the Red Warrior hardly ever, his predictions have been spot on the whole season. Also the same with Olddevil!

I don't doubt that there will definitely be some speed on Ridgeway's team. There is ALWAYS speed on the Memphis teams. But if you think HC's defense is short on speed, then you haven't seen us play this year. Not only do we have speed, but we have size, strength, depth, and are very well coached. I know Ridgeway has some big ole' boys on their D-line, but how are they depth wise? How are the numbers? I'm also curious as to what type of offense they run, exactly. Are they more of a power running team? Or will they spread us out?

And to anyone who caught the HC game friday night, how are we looking injury-wise for this game?

They will most likely spread you out. Love the pieces Ridgeway have to win this game, their Defense is nowhere near as good as Whitehaven but that is neither here no there. Playing in games like this in my high school years this game always comes down to adujustments. Film will do both teams no justice honestly. The team with the coaching to do so quickly will win this game. With me being a little bias I will say Ridgeway wins by 7, they will come out early with I say about a 2 to 3 td lead then Henry co fights back but Ridgeway holds on for the win! BRING THE GOLD BALL BACK TO THE M!!!!

That's a very good point. I don't think we could beat Skyline, but we'd take care of the other two... "Da Haven" and White Station.

Haha I can not stand Whitehaven because of the rivalary, but there is no way Henry CO would last 3 quarters with those guys and as far as White Station, maybe just maybe you could beat those guys depending on how fast they start, Henry has probably their best team in the past 6 or 7 years but still not as good as they seem.

Dear FactsOnly;

Although I do not post often, I do read and enjoy reading your fact-filled posts. Here are some facts you might find interesting that I learned this afternoon from a friend of mine who coaches in Memphis. (it takes a couple of days for news to travel from Memphis up here to the 'Boro) According to my coaching friend from Memphis, a certain star player on Ridgeway's team was arrested this past Thursday night over a misunderstanding stemming from a dice game. The player alledgedly beat up another kid on Thursday night and the mother of that kid had him arrested. Some how this player was allowed to play against Dyer Co. Without naming names of kids accused of crimes, I will just say that this player is one who has committed to Ole Miss. FactsOnly, I was given this information as a FACT from this coach who is very familar with Ridgeway. There are also rumblings from my former Dyer Co fraternity brothers that another player from Ridgeway was knocked out of last weeks game with a concussion. I was not told which player this was. My guess he plays this week no matter the health of the kid. FactsOnly these are facts for you.

Edited by REDPWR

Dear FactsOnly;

Although I do not post often, I do read and enjoy reading your fact-filled posts. Here are some facts you might find interesting that I learned this afternoon from a friend of mine who coaches in Memphis. (it takes a couple of days for news to travel from Memphis up here to the 'Boro) According to my coaching friend from Memphis, a certain star player on Ridgeway's team was arrested this past Thursday night over a misunderstanding stemming from a dice game. The player alledgedly beat up another kid on Thursday night and the mother of that kid had him arrested. Some how this player was allowed to play against Dyer Co. Without naming names of kids accused of crimes, I will just say that this player is one who has committed to Ole Miss. FactsOnly, I was given this information as a FACT from this coach who is very familar with Ridgeway. There are also rumblings from my former Dyer Co fraternity brothers that another player from Ridgeway was knocked out of last weeks game with a concussion. I was not told which player this was. My guess he plays this week no matter the health of the kid. FactsOnly these are facts for you.

Here are the facts about both teams:

Hc-very good defense, outstanding running game, not a strong schedule

Ridgeway - not as good defensively as last year, sub par kicking game, best offensive talent in the state period.

Hc has to have the mindset to score on every possession, the roadrunners are that good on offense.

Concerns: HC has lost several years in a row as a pretty heavy favorite in the playoffs, will the

schedule catch up with them

Ridgeway: Will the lack of a kicking game cost them like last year, can they score enough to win?

In my opinion these are the 2 best teams left in 5-A, the winner will be the favorite for the gold ball.

HC 38 Roadrunners 31