Henry County vs. Ridgeway

RedSwarm10

24-14 HC

Great football game.

I knew it would be closer than some were predicting, but I also knew there was no way Ridgeway was going to come in and put 30 or 40 on our Defense.

Good game boys. Congrats to Ridgeway on an excellent season. And congrats to HC for making their way back to the semis.

Got a really stout Hendersonville passing attack coming to town next week. Time to hold down the fort and get some revenge!

GO PATRIOTS!!

Ridgeway is much like Fairley that we played in the playoffs for three or four years in a row, except not as good on defense. Dyer County, despite QBPrez's babbling, was awful and we would have likely beaten them by 70 had we wanted to. Ridgeway CANNOT beat us and they won't come close. We will beat them by 40 or more unless we play poorly...then we will win by 21. Due to playoff developments I will revise my statement...we will NOT be tested until round 5...if at all. The field is weak, and we are a cut above of every team in our classification. If you want to see a good, close game this Friday night, don't come to Henry County...BUT...if you want to see HC easily advance to round 4, then Paris is the place to be.

Final: Henry County 24 -- Ridgeway 14

--------------------------------------------

Congratulations to Henry County on the hard-fought victory. Good luck the rest of the playoffs.

Great season, Ridgeway.

One question. After we scored early in the 3rd to go up 21-0, was that an actual onside kick attempt on the following kickoff, or was it just a mess up by the kicker? We had absolutely dominated up to that point, and that really gave the Roadrunners a ton of momentum. I just have a hard time believing that was actually called. Plus I saw a coach chew our kicker out immediately after.

One question. After we scored early in the 3rd to go up 21-0, was that an actual onside kick attempt on the following kickoff, or was it just a mess up by the kicker? We had absolutely dominated up to that point, and that really gave the Roadrunners a ton of momentum. I just have a hard time believing that was actually called. Plus I saw a coach chew our kicker out immediately after.

It had to be a mistake. Ridgeway was on the ropes & looked shell schocked at that point. The pressure from the d-line and coverage by the secondary was too much for their QB. Ridgeway's #3 ran so hard and #1 was held in check for the most part. I have to tip my hat to Caleb Counce as well. That was his best game at HC in my opinion.