CPA vs. Pearl Cohn

DenKeeper

Well......because technically this is not a Milan nor a Fairview thread. So i decided it would be best to try to whisper to not bother any CPA or Pearl Cohn fans. :roflol:

I bet CPA and Pearl-Cohn hope that Fairview wins if only for the travel factor alone. Fairview and CPA are only a few miles apart. In fact I wish CPA and Fairview could play during the regular season. It would be a great game each year.

Really!?! Because he was back there the whole game and by what I saw Friday night he was the fastest. And CPA is better matched because they will defeat PC... I wasn't impressed by PC. It was the tale of two halves, and like Coach Brunetti told me after the game that was the most physical game they've been in all year. Yeah you should be proud of a bigger school taking on a smaller school who held their ground. PC up 20-0 at half and then the 2nd half begun with Harpeth scoring 13 unanswered points and we had a chance to tie the game numerous times in the 4th until PC put one in the end zone late in the 4th. Harpeth was just as good as PC and like I said I'm not very impressed dwith PC and I don't care who your qb is because they all suck just dlook at their stats. It was a war out there and I'm proud of Harpeth dbattling back to make it a great game and atmosphere. I'm going dwith the Lions in this game. And all you PC fans that predicted a dblowout you were fooled by a smaller team in size and depth. DHarpeth showed how to play with heart and size doesn't matterd

True but I posted Pc will win by 2 TD and I also posted harpeth made it to the 2nd round and they will leave everything one the field and they did.. So everything I said was right... Now QBs ok they both freshmans and learning...but they have been getting the job done....now like you told the Smith County fans last week they they couldn't get the job done and to sit back and watch they couldn't get it done neither with our "Bad QB play" Now sit back and Watch Dis 10aa ball at its finest! GOOD LUCK TO ALL 3 teams.....Pc,mhs & Cpa

Before you respond to my post you need to look at what I responded to first...And what WOLVERINE78 said about our QB... Yea y'all played hard ill give u that...BUT TO GET RESPECT YOU HAVE TO GIVE IT somebody coming on here after a lost saying what he said about our kids all bets are off...I don't get on here to trash talk I post want i think PC score will be some of my scores be off (CPA4EVER)and that's fine...So this goes for anybody that's gets on here and talks trash about PC and our players i'm going too respond.

I get that you were taking up for your QBs and I dont blame you. I'm not gonna harp on it because there were pages dedicated to something I said that was blown way out of proportion. Im the same, I'm going to take up for Harpeth boys if they've been disrespected (obviousy). I would encourage you not to stoop to their level if you feel that way. I do respect PC and I feel like Harpeth earned their respect as well. Good Luck!

I've mentioned this before on other threads and never received a response. I'm still confused, not being extremely familiar with the state association. Folks keep congratulating the 10AA teams: Maplewood, CPA, and Pearl. But, isn't Maplewood a 4A team? So, Maplewood wins the district with 3A teams in it? So, CPA has only one loss - to a 4A team - so they don't win their district? CPA beat Goodpasture head to head and had a better record, but they had to go to Goodpasture? Harpeth HS and Fairview are a closer drive to CPA than Stratford, Goodpasture, and Maplewood, but they have to drive to those schools because the state association says it's closer? Who in the heck runs/or makes decisions in your state association? I've never heard of anything so ludicrous. So, just to be clear, Maplewood is a district champ with 3A teams in it, although they are a 4A team. Well, heck, that just makes perfect sense. It seems a bunch of folks just got around the firepit and drew straws blind. Anyway, I'm excited to see how round 2 of Pearl-CPA goes. The first one was quite the event. Good luck to both teams.

P.S. So are Maryville and Alcoa in the same district? Shouldn't FRA have to play BA, Ensworth, MBA, and Father Ryan because the state association deems them closer, as opposed to some of those distant little bitty schools they play? Why doesn't CPA play Nashville Christian? They are right down the street. Does the state association really even care?

I've mentioned this before on other threads and never received a response. I'm still confused, not being extremely familiar with the state association. Folks keep congratulating the 10AA teams: Maplewood, CPA, and Pearl. But, isn't Maplewood a 4A team? So, Maplewood wins the district with 3A teams in it? So, CPA has only one loss - to a 4A team - so they don't win their district? CPA beat Goodpasture head to head and had a better record, but they had to go to Goodpasture? Harpeth HS and Fairview are a closer drive to CPA than Stratford, oGoodpasture, and Maplewood, but they have to drive to those schools ibecause the state association says it's closer? Who in the heck runs/or imakes decisions in your state association? I've never heard of .anything so ludicrous. So, just to be clear, Maplewood is a district .champ with 3A teams in it, although they are a 4A team. Well, heck, .that just makes perfect sense. It seems a bunch of folks just got .around the firepit and drew straws blind. Anyway, I'm excited to see .how round 2 of Pearl-CPA goes. The first one was quite the event. .Good luck to both teams..

P.S. So are Maryville and Alcoa in the same district? Shouldn't FRA have to play BA, Ensworth, MBA, and Father Ryan because the state association deems them closer, as opposed to some of those distant little bitty schools they play? Why doesn't CPA play Nashville Christian? They are right down the street. Does the state association really even care?...d.

10aa has 4 4a and 3 3a schools in it..Its all about the money and where they travel...Nashville only has 4 3a Pc,gp,cpa,east lit.. and most of the programs make BIG MONEY off of these 10aa dis. Games...I we know its kind off messed up playoff time but everybody in our dis is able to play with everyone...there no Big Is or little U's

I've mentioned this before on other threads and never received a response. I'm still confused, not being extremely familiar with the state association. Folks keep congratulating the 10AA teams: Maplewood, CPA, and Pearl. But, isn't Maplewood a 4A team? So, Maplewood wins the district with 3A teams in it? So, CPA has only one loss - to a 4A team - so they don't win their district? CPA beat Goodpasture head to head and had a better record, but they had to go to Goodpasture? Harpeth HS and Fairview are a closer drive to CPA than Stratford, Goodpasture, and Maplewood, but they have to drive to those schools because the state association says it's closer? Who in the heck runs/or makes decisions in your state association? I've never heard of anything so ludicrous. So, just to be clear, Maplewood is a district champ with 3A teams in it, although they are a 4A team. Well, heck, that just makes perfect sense. It seems a bunch of folks just got around the firepit and drew straws blind. Anyway, I'm excited to see how round 2 of Pearl-CPA goes. The first one was quite the event. Good luck to both teams.

P.S. So are Maryville and Alcoa in the same district? Shouldn't FRA have to play BA, Ensworth, MBA, and Father Ryan because the state association deems them closer, as opposed to some of those distant little bitty schools they play? Why doesn't CPA play Nashville Christian? They are right down the street. Does the state association really even care?

You got to first understand the classification system.

Division I are all public schools and private schools that do not give atheletes financial aid. Division II schools are all the private schools that give atheletes financial aid. The TSSAA made this split because they felt private schools that gave financial aid had too much of an advantage and those schools should not be in the same division as public schools.

Next the TSSAA split all Division I schools into 6 classifications 1A,2A,3A,4A,5A and 6A based on enrollment. However, private schools that do not give financial aid could elect to play in Division I but if they do, the TSSAA makes them multiply their enrollment by 1.8 (which is the highest multiplier in the nation). So for a school like CPA with 350 students, they are considered to have 630 students for classification purposes. The TSSAA made this rule because they felt the private schools had an advantage over the public schools due to open enrollment.

Then the TSSAA decided that with so many classifications, travel would be a problem so they combined schools from two classification into the same districts. So 1A and 2A teams play in the same districts, 3A and 4A teams and 5A and 6A teams. After they regular season those teams split back into their 1A - 6A classification for the playoffs. So in this situation, 3A CPA has to play teams with over 1000 students in their district. But wait, the TSSAA allows most of the city public school to have coop students from other schools play. (i.e. MLK students can play for Pearl-Cohn). These students do not count in the enrollment classification. Thus CPA plays schools in its district that can draw from 1600+ students. Oh and by the way, many of the public schools also have open enrollment but do not have a multiplier.

In deciding how to pick teams for the playoff and in how to seed teams for the playoff, this year, the TSSAA decided to give the 1st and 2nd place district winners priority placement AND priority seeding before all the other playoff teams are seeded. So you can have a better record and beat a team head to head during the regular season and be seeded lower in the playoff scheme.

Edited by coachrus

If this was a backyard game without any coaches PCH wins hands down. But this is high school football and you have coaching that plays a huge part into alot of high school games. Private schools have alot of great coaching. Looking at PCH this season they are 0-4 against the private schools BGA and MBA they didnt havent a chance i dont know about the the CPA game but i was at the Lipscomb game and Pearl had no answer for lipscombs defense the offense could not move the ball they scored their only touchdown on a fumble recovery. PCH has had a great team for about the last 5 years if they had some coaching they would have state titles to prove it. Its going to be a hard faught game to the end but i think PCH coaches crumble to another private school like they have the last 3-5 years they are win less against the private schools.