Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

I'll let this one speak for itself....

"I wish all the local schools would win and succeed..."

And you're wrong about a few other things. I do have respect for DB the institution. I have respect for DB academically. I respect for DB's band program; the things Lafe Cook has accomplished at DB are phenomenal. I also have respect for DB athletics, including the football team regardless of my opinions pertaining to the determination of champions. I have respect for Graham Clark. Having had several family members play for Science Hill, many of them met Clark. He treated them with nothing but class.

But let's be brutally honest for a moment. I don't respect you, the minority of the DB populous that inflict yourselves upon this board. And you certainly haven't done anything to deserve it. It is people like you that are the cause for some people wanting DB to fail. Your comments following a loss of deeply troubling and below reproach. You make personal and demeaning attacks against other posters here and against the players of opposing teams. Your actions here provide evidence that you seek to advance yourselves vicariously though the DB football program. Make no mistake, 99% of the people on this board respect what the DB players have done on the field.

I know that you're not the only ones guilty of this, but since you are DB and you have such a storied tradition...act like you've been there before.

Here ends the lesson.

Didn't I see you kissing some dude at Chic-Fil-A yesterday?

And you're wrong about a few other things. I do have respect for DB the institution. I have respect for DB academically. I respect for DB's band program; the things Lafe Cook has accomplished at DB are phenomenal. I also have respect for DB athletics, including the football team regardless of my opinions pertaining to the determination of champions. I have respect for Graham Clark. Having had several family members play for Science Hill, many of them met Clark. He treated them with nothing but class.

But let's be brutally honest for a moment. I don't respect you, the minority of the DB populous that inflict yourselves upon this board. And you certainly haven't done anything to deserve it. It is people like you that are the cause for some people wanting DB to fail. Your comments following a loss of deeply troubling and below reproach. You make personal and demeaning attacks against other posters here and against the players of opposing teams. Your actions here provide evidence that you seek to advance yourselves vicariously though the DB football program. Make no mistake, 99% of the people on this board respect what the DB players have done on the field.

I know that you're not the only ones guilty of this, but since you are DB and you have such a storied tradition...act like you've been there before.

Here ends the lesson.

thumb[1].gif Agree with most of what you said.

I think we've all shot our mouth's off at times. Some are just more guilty than others. Obviously civility doesn't exist on here either on the part of the DB lovers or DB haters. I just chalk it up to excessive testosterone and move on. And yup, it's a shame Clark hasn't been able to do with the football team what Cook has done with the band. But then for every positive that Cook has, he has negatives that Clark has him beat on all over the place. Just 2 very different humans. Both have done enormous good in very different ways.

PS. Ha, ha. see previous post that slipped in while I was typing. I love his warped "humor". Reminds me of me.

Edited by DBGRAD70

Here ends the lesson.

Blah,blah,blah,blah... Who cares what you think. This is a discussion board where people speak there minds and offer there opinions. Well, here's mine. Don't get on a DB thread anymore and you won't have to hear my opinion or be consumed by my comments. Everything i say on hear is in fun and is done to merely get people fired up and excited about football. I love DB football and no i'm not trying to live vicariously through this program. I'm a fan, former player and graduate of this school and i will continue to support this school for as long as i live. So don't confuse what you think you know with the facts. Now school is out. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest footballfan100

hahahahaha...u suckers crack me up!!! Speaking of coaches, any idea on how many of the "DB" coaches actually came from Hawkins County????? better count em up.....there are several...

Edited by footballfan100

hahahahaha...u suckers crack me up!!! Speaking of coaches, any idea on how many of the "DB" coaches actually came from Hawkins County????? better count em up.....there are several...

Doug Wagner

Joey Christian

Doug Watson

Runningback coach?

I'm sure there are more. It's the good ole boy system or did'nt you know? So are you thinking this is a good thing? Explain yourself.

Edited by dbFAN91

Guest footballfan100

wacko....good thing there was not a test! u wouldve failed...lololololololol, of course. those hawkins countians must be pretty durn smart...u been cruiten em!!!