Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

Here's the part i like the best.

kdbhelmet2.gif

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL DATABASE

Dobyns-Bennett High School Kingsport, TN Nickname: Indians All-Time Record (1921-Present): 737-217-28 State Titles: 1964, 1960, 1959, 1955, 1949, 1948, 1947, 1945, 1940, 1939, 1936, 1935, 1923 Historical Results Historical Opponents

FOOTBALL FACTS AND FIGURES

• School founded in 1919

• School colors: Maroon, Grey

• Head Coach: Graham Clark, 188-42 (1993-Present).

• Dobyns-Bennett's 737 all-time wins rank first in the state of Tennessee.

• Dobyns-Bennett has a total of 13 Tennessee state football championships, either as recognized by the TSSAA, AP/UPI, Dunkel Index, or Litkenhous Ratings.

• Dobyns-Bennett finished 9th in the final National Sports News Service national rankings in 1960.

• Dobyns-Bennett holds a 61-19-1 advantage in its rivalry with Tennessee High School (click here for series data).

• Six Dobyns-Bennett alumni are in the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame: Bobby Dodd (also a member of the College Football Hall of Fame), Ed Cifers, Bob Cifers, Hal Miller, Darwin Bond, and Sam Bartholomew, Jr.

• Thirteen former Dobyns-Bennett players have been drafted in the NFL Draft:

You guys claim state titles worse than Alabama claims national titles. Fact is, DB has never won a TSSAA State Championship by means of the playoff which makes the ones you claim worth no more than the paper they are printed on.

SAYS WHO?

Says anyone with more than half a brain than knows that true champions are determined on the field.

What was your ranking after your 2nd round playoff exit last year?

Not to mention that of all if your so-called state "championships", none of them were unanimous among AP and UPI (based on current info, I admit, the database may be incomplete). Your last "title" in 1964 you shared with Maryville and Jackson.

Says anyone with more than half a brain than knows that true champions are determined on the field.

What was your ranking after your 2nd round playoff exit last year?

Not to mention that of all if your so-called state "championships", none of them were unanimous among AP and UPI (based on current info, I admit, the database may be incomplete). Your last "title" in 1964 you shared with Maryville and Jackson.

LIKE WHO? ........give me some names.

You guys claim state titles worse than Alabama claims national titles. Fact is, DB has never won a TSSAA State Championship by means of the playoff which makes the ones you claim worth no more than the paper they are printed on.

So neither Tennessee nor any other 1A college football team has any national championships either I guess? Brilliant reasoning. *yawn*

LIKE WHO? ........give me some names.

Common knowledge (and in this case, common sense) is not subject to a source citation.

Division IA (of FBS as it's called currently) is the lone instance on this earth where a champion is not crowned on the field. Until the BCS predecessors, the top two teams (according to the experts) rarely faced each other. The college bowl system is the most bass ackwards invention in sports history (with travel baseball being a close second) Call them BCS champions if you want, but true National Champions, no. That includes Tennessee, even though there is a Power T license plate on the front of my car. Bowls are nothing more than glorified exhibition games. The 98 fiesta bowl just featured an undefeated team and a one loss team (one of many one loss teams that season). Thankfully, we'll have something that somewhat resembles a playoff in the future.

Common knowledge (and in this case, common sense) is not subject to a source citation.

Division IA (of FBS as it's called currently) is the lone instance on this earth where a champion is not crowned on the field. Until the BCS predecessors, the top two teams (according to the experts) rarely faced each other. The college bowl system is the most bass ackwards invention in sports history (with travel baseball being a close second) Call them BCS champions if you want, but true National Champions, no. That includes Tennessee, even though there is a Power T license plate on the front of my car. Bowls are nothing more than glorified exhibition games. The 98 fiesta bowl just featured an undefeated team and a one loss team (one of many one loss teams that season). Thankfully, we'll have something that somewhat resembles a playoff in the future.

Whatever system is in place during a season is the one that must be recognized. So, we have 13 State titles and the UT National Championship was earned as well. And if you don't agree then you can take the T of your car or we can take it off for you because you need to go pull for Alabama Mr.Benedict Arnold. People like you make me sick with your "i know it all about sports and the playoff system". Get a life. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non conference buddyo?

DB cldnt win state if they played 1a!

King of ones and dones!

Bring that week crap up to J Fred next week and you will see what we're talking about. Heck, you've only started claiming to be a Green Weenie since you won the state. Band wagon jumper. I bet you did';nt even go to Greenville High. Chucky Doak or North Green i bet. Roll Tribe!!!! 13 Time State Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what you saying is you can't name anybody.....not one single person.