Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

No problem.....I read 10 per program so I apologize. Mayville puts out very few D-1 players but occasionally has a year of a couple. The Maryville program is built on the team concept. If they had to depend on D-1 talent every year their trophys would be few and far.....JMO

You are 100% correct. It takes a team. And great teams have great leaders.

Art,I'm in the same boat on the 10th graders names other then Josh.I don't ask a lot,other then how hard the team is working.I might be wrong on one players name ,so I will not type it,but was told he has a great work ethic and one of the best attitudes you can find.A great compliment from who told me.We will learn them soon enough Art.

Looking forward to the Farragut game, may drive up and watch, Oak Ridge has Farragut the following week, will be interested to see how this game turns out. One thing for sure, playing this Week 0 game with DB gives Farragut an advantage playing us. Also, hope we can work out the schedules next year to get DB back on the Oak Ridge schedule.....good luck to the Indians this year!!

I would like to see Dobyns-Bennett score in the playoffs the way Unicoi county done Greeneville in the first two seasons those teams played each other.They played two times in each season of 1923-1924.Unicoi beat the Devils by a total of (306-0},one game was 120-0.Matter of fact,Unicoi outscored Greeneville 481-0 in the first 10 games.There was bad blood between the Blue an Greene Devils from that time on.DB might have to build some bad blood to make sure great players don't make the plays to come back and beat the Tribe.

Edited by BatmanDB

I would like to see Dobyns-Bennett score in the playoffs the way Unicoi county done Greeneville in the first two seasons those teams played each other.They played two times in each season of 1923-1924.Unicoi beat the Devils by a total of (306-0},one game was 120-0.Matter of fact,Unicoi outscored Greeneville 481-0 in the first 10 games.There was bad blood between the Blue an Greene Devils from that time on.DB might have to build some bad blood to make sure great players don't make the plays to come back and beat the Tribe.

I guess I missed the punch line here..........Anyway, where are those pesky South fans. You all should be on here jackin' that jaw by now. Or does Mr. Haney have another gag order out this year?

I guess I missed the punch line here..........Anyway, where are those pesky South fans. You all should be on here jackin' that jaw by now. Or does Mr. Haney have another gag order out this year?

I heard from a good source that Mr . Haney is getting tired of the offensive coordinator and will be looking to make a change after this year. I think that's the general consensus at Pactolis High. Haney is a good guy and has wanted to be an Indian for sometime but our coaching staff has not had the opportunity to bring him aboard because there were no openings for teaching in his field.

Anyway, we're still Souths daddy. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My cousin is telling me Darrell Watson is on the Science Hill staff now.

Your cousin is right. I heard that Watson asked to come back to the Indians staff and was turned down, so he goes over to the dark side. That may not proove to be good move by the Toppers in the end.

Roll Tribe Roll