Who win's the BRAC this year

WTSL5581

From the perspective of a fan of the game, no one school, I will give my thoughts on CDHS boys team this year...

1-They have no real leader on the team. This hurts them in more ways than can I say.

2-The attitude of several of the younger kids who play is awful. They need to take responsibility for their actions and work on their game instead of making excuses and whining about every little thing.

3-The kid from Germany is a great ball player. He should be utilized much more, along with Juice-he is hard to stop down low.

4-the coach realizes he doesn't have what it takes to be great, so he appears to be focusing on getting better for the next couple years as these players grow and mature. He has some talent, and he will get the most out of it in the long run....so be patient and don't hate so much.

Just my opinion.

No one cares if this makes you sick or not and were all tired of hearing about the players who quit no one even remembers there names anymore just a small group of cotton candy softies. I believe if you watched the game you would have seen that the refs sucked. The ejection of Johnson was not related to the fight he got a T for tossing the ball back too hard to the ref when the ref T'd him up he got irrate and recieved his 2nd one of the game as for coach one ref called CD ball the other Gap when one ref gave the ball to Gap Coach Broyles asked the ref about it and that was it no yelling just asked whoose ball. The team is doing better than most if not all on here thought. They have won 6 games doesn't sound like much but its double the total they had last year and the team is made up of 2 fresh, 5 Soph, 2 Junior and 3 Seniors of which one is a football player playing HS basketball for the first time another is a German exchange student who only got the hang of the US game in the last month.

No, the ejection of Johnson wasn't related to the fight but the player from CD that was part of the fight should have been ejected. I have watched the whole thing on video several times and he took the first swing and what he did was every much a punch as what the CG player did. The CG player should not have retaliated but it is very hard to take an intentional forearm/fist to the face and not do something. I guess the one that retaliates always gets in trouble. Both teams did a good job of not letting it turn into a all out brawl. As for Johnson, I don't know what he was so upset about. He clearly stepped on the half court line and it was clearly an over and back. There was only 8 seconds left and he wound up getting ejected.

Edited by PRESS

Wow, that is surprising! Early in the season it was said Greeneville would beat everyone in the BRAC by 15 every game. That has actually only happened twice so far.

I do think greeneville is still the best team in the BRAC, but the tournament should be very interesting!

You just wait until they get their players back from their bowling team....then they will beat everyone by fifteen.... :roflol:

No one cares if this makes you sick or not and were all tired of hearing about the players who quit no one even remembers there names anymore just a small group of cotton candy softies. I believe if you watched the game you would have seen that the refs sucked. The ejection of Johnson was not related to the fight he got a T for tossing the ball back too hard to the ref when the ref T'd him up he got irrate and recieved his 2nd one of the game as for coach one ref called CD ball the other Gap when one ref gave the ball to Gap Coach Broyles asked the ref about it and that was it no yelling just asked whoose ball. The team is doing better than most if not all on here thought. They have won 6 games doesn't sound like much but its double the total they had last year and the team is made up of 2 fresh, 5 Soph, 2 Junior and 3 Seniors of which one is a football player playing HS basketball for the first time another is a German exchange student who only got the hang of the US game in the last month.

I care if this makes him sick. I am fairly certain that everyone in the county does still remember the names of the kids that have quit that team over the course of their 4 years there. CD has a very talented team this year and they have won 6 games. WOO HOO (sarcasm). Let's take a step back and look at those players, (the "forgotten" ones), and see how big of an impact they might have on this team. The obvious one is doing big things for SG this year. People probably have forgotten about Kohl Tarlton (senior at Crockett), had he stayed, they would have a very talented 4 player this year. Jameson Painter also comes to mind, another one who quit because of the program's pitiful shape and he probably would have been one of the best shooters in the conference this year. Tristan Collins is another that comes to mind, he is simply just not playing because of the coach there, he would have been a big lift offensively for the knights this year. And as for Julius, he is simply an athlete and your argument for him playing his first year and being inexperienced is about dumb because he usually tends to lead the knights in scoring. The German kid, would probably tell you that the European game and the US game is not that different. Players make the transition constantly at higher levels of play.

I care if this makes him sick. I am fairly certain that everyone in the county does still remember the names of the kids that have quit that team over the course of their 4 years there. CD has a very talented team this year and they have won 6 games. WOO HOO (sarcasm). Let's take a step back and look at those players, (the "forgotten" ones), and see how big of an impact they might have on this team. The obvious one is doing big things for SG this year. People probably have forgotten about Kohl Tarlton (senior at Crockett), had he stayed, they would have a very talented 4 player this year. Jameson Painter also comes to mind, another one who quit because of the program's pitiful shape and he probably would have been one of the best shooters in the conference this year. Tristan Collins is another that comes to mind, he is simply just not playing because of the coach there, he would have been a big lift offensively for the knights this year. And as for Julius, he is simply an athlete and your argument for him playing his first year and being inexperienced is about dumb because he usually tends to lead the knights in scoring. The German kid, would probably tell you that the European game and the US game is not that different. Players make the transition constantly at higher levels of play.

Where to begin lets see Kohl Tarlton left before Coach Broyles arrived so he could play with his family at David Crockett the Painter kid looked good his Soph. year but didn't impress anyone last year he quit before the season started then begged to come back told everyone he didn't quit but was injured during baseball when Coach Broyles let him back he thought he should come in and start and not earn his way back on the floor he also didn't like playing JV most of the other players didn't want him back including the one who transfered his family had multiple meetings with coach broyles about keeping Painter off the team his return caused more harm than help I asked Painter why he wasn't playing and he said he wanted to focus on baseball. Next you can ask the German "I did" and he will tell you he came from a game that had a 24 second clock and played man to man not to mention the extra step you get in Europe yelp that is a big change when that is the only system you have ever known as for Logan we all wish him the best and he looks to have saved South Greene's season that team only had 6 seniors. Tristen Collins is a great kid but quit and this occured during the Summer camp long before Logan tranfered. The others that quit asked to come back Coach Broyles had several meetings with former players and parents who had a change of heart this year and wanted to return. I didn;t say "Juice" wasn't an athelete however to walk out on the floor and start playing basketball isn't that easy Juice worked very hard this summer playing camp and tourney games to gain experience however its still the first time he has ever played hs basketball and he is about 3rd on the team in scoring. I said 6 wins don't sound like much but its still twice as many as last year with Logan,Painter and Tristen. The team has talent but they are young and frustrated it will come together the Knights are the youngest team in the county and one of if not the youngest in the BRAC. I would also like to add we don't care about the QUITERS we seen what 3 of them did last year won 3 games and to be honest the current players could care less they have taken there licks but haven't gave up and most have 2 more years to get where they want to be.

Why so many technical fouls? Where's the pride and discipline for the Knights this season? Disappointing to say the least...

The Technicals aren't new to this team same way last year. I think it's a number of things you have a young team that has not had a player to step up and lead them you have the frustration of losing. A large number of these kids were thrown out on the floor as freshman not because of there level of talent but because there was no one else to play. I know from watching a lot of games its not the entire team but a few bad apples. Last I think you have the parents to look at. The days of hard discipline are gone lets not forget tough coaches are a thing of the past being tough is what cost LNR his job at South Greene if a coach raises his voice to a player he can be fired. I know I would not tolerate my child acting the way some of the kids do. I belive that Coach Broyles has a heart of gold to tolerate some of them. I know I would have sent more than a couple packing. The coach has tolerated more mouth from some of these parents than anyone ever. I would have loved to see how these kids and parents would act if they had Coach Jerry Weems " BEST CDHS COACH EVER"

Where to begin lets see Kohl Tarlton left before Coach Broyles arrived so he could play with his family at David Crockett the Painter kid looked good his Soph. year but didn't impress anyone last year he quit before the season started then begged to come back told everyone he didn't quit but was injured during baseball when Coach Broyles let him back he thought he should come in and start and not earn his way back on the floor he also didn't like playing JV most of the other players didn't want him back including the one who transfered his family had multiple meetings with coach broyles about keeping Painter off the team his return caused more harm than help I asked Painter why he wasn't playing and he said he wanted to focus on baseball. Next you can ask the German "I did" and he will tell you he came from a game that had a 24 second clock and played man to man not to mention the extra step you get in Europe yelp that is a big change when that is the only system you have ever known as for Logan we all wish him the best and he looks to have saved South Greene's season that team only had 6 seniors. Tristen Collins is a great kid but quit and this occured during the Summer camp long before Logan tranfered. The others that quit asked to come back Coach Broyles had several meetings with former players and parents who had a change of heart this year and wanted to return. I didn;t say "Juice" wasn't an athelete however to walk out on the floor and start playing basketball isn't that easy Juice worked very hard this summer playing camp and tourney games to gain experience however its still the first time he has ever played hs basketball and he is about 3rd on the team in scoring. I said 6 wins don't sound like much but its still twice as many as last year with Logan,Painter and Tristen. The team has talent but they are young and frustrated it will come together the Knights are the youngest team in the county and one of if not the youngest in the BRAC. I would also like to add we don't care about the QUITERS we seen what 3 of them did last year won 3 games and to be honest the current players could care less they have taken there licks but haven't gave up and most have 2 more years to get where they want to be.

I can't speak for the others' intentions but to refer to Jameson as a "quitter" when the young man stopped playing basketball to focus on baseball to potentially further his education and baseball career is a bit ridiculous. Don't try to tell me any differently, because I know his entire family and have known him his entire life, that was the exact reason he decided to stop playing basketball. There may have been other influential factors, but make no mistake that was the major reason.