Big Games in Memphis

kwc

This is where the rubber meets the road. There are fewer and fewer City of Memphis teams advancing. Let's see who's the guru for the quarterfinals. Presently, fourthree has been the supreme prognosticator.

Big Games in Memphis ... the Quarterfinals.

6A

1) White Station (8-4) @ Whitehaven (12-0)

5A

2) Ridgeway (9-3) @ Henry County (12-0)

2A

3) Dresden (10-2) @ Westwood (7-4)

D2-A

4) St. George's (9-3) @ Harding Acadamy (9-2)

D2-AA

5) Ensworth (10-1) @ MUS (8-3)

6) CBHS (9-2) @ Baylor (10-1)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My picks are as follows:

1) Whitehaven

2) Ridgeway

3) Westwood

4) Harding Acadamy

5) MUS

6) CBHS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your turn! ... :popcorneater:

Edited by kwc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where the rubber meets the road. There are fewer and fewer City of Memphis teams advancing. Let's see who's the guru for the quarterfinals. Presently, fourthree has been the supreme prognosticator.

6A

5A

2A

D2-A

D2-AA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My picks are as follows:

1) Whitehaven

2) Ridgeway

3) Westwood

4) Harding Acadamy

5) MUS

6) CBHS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KWC...I love reading this thread every week...but my guess is that the best you can do with your picks for this week is 3-3 for a .500 week. That's not "stellar" given your background and wisdom! You might want to re-post...most of us are willing to give you an hour or so!

6A

5A

2A

D2-A

D2-AA

This is the game that I, personally, didn't want to see happen but I figured it was going to. No one said it would be easy for Whitehaven to get to Cookeville but we have to see "the New Age" Rival AGAIN! Good Grief :wacko:

This game will come down to who comes out and plays loose! Will Whitehaven Feel the pressure of being the so-called "favorite" or will White Station still have thoughts in their head about losing the last 3 match ups! It's gonna be real interesting to see which team comes out and plays like there's no tomorrow while also keeping a fair balance that it's just a FOOTBALL game, so win or lose, the world won't end. This game will be 95% mental and 5 % physical. Yall Know where my Heart is... And with that said I bid you ado with...

RESPECT DA HAVEN

I've been on the Henry Co. message board stirring the pot so to speak but my official analysis will be that I honestly don't know much about Henry Co., but I do know this about Ridgeway and Coach Sutton... He's got his guys on a mission. That early season 1-3 record was done purposely, IMHO, by Sutton to make sure his boys remain Hungry and not get Cocky. Not saying that's how they were against Hendersonville last season but it's possible. You never know how 14-18 years will be. Ridgeway wins a wild one in which their Defense gets the stop or two needed to hold of Henry Co....

Ridgeway 41 - Henry Co. 35

Westwood will be competitive in this game but they may have met their match in this one, however because I don't know much about Dresden I'll roll with our neighbors to the Southwest of Whitehaven because of a LONG BUS RIDE and some old school Longhorn Pride (Damien Dodson where ya at, Kenton Evans where ya at, Darrell Williams where ya at :D )...

Dresden 21 - Westwood 26

Harding Academy by 13

MUS by 3

Baylor by 10

To all the Henry Co. peps, its all love! Just like yall hyping up what yall know (The Pats) that's what I'm doing. Friday Night can't get here fast enough.

p.s.(G-Town, Millington, Arlington, Brighton) Where all the County Schools at??? ^_^

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

6A

5A

2A

D2-A

D2-AA

This is the game that I, personally, didn't want to see happen but I figured it was going to. No one said it would be easy for Whitehaven to get to Cookeville but we havce to see "the New Age" Rival AGAIN! Good Grief :wacko:

This game will come down to who comes out and plays loose! Will Whitehaven Feel the pressure of being the so-called "favorite" or will White Station still have thoughts in their head about losing the last 3 match ups! It's gonna be real interesting to see which team comes out and plays like there's no tomorrow while also keeping a fair balance that it's just a FOOTBALL game, so win or lose, the world won't end. This game will be 95% mental and 5 % physical. Yall Know where my Heart is... And with that said I bid you ado with...

RESPECT DA HAVEN

I've been on the Henry Co. message board stirring the pot so to speak but my official analysis will be that I honestly don't know much about Henry Co., but I do know this about Ridgeway and Coach Sutton... He's got his guys on a mission. That early season 1-3 record was done purposely, IMHO, by Sutton to make sure his boys remain Hungry and not get Cocky. Not saying that's how they were against Hendersonville last season but it's possible. You never know how 14-18 years will be. Ridgeway wins a wild one in which their Defense gets the stop or two needed to hold of Henry Co....

Ridgeway 41 - Henry Co. 35

Westwood will be competitive in this game but they may have met their match in this one, however because I don't know much about Dresden I'll roll with our neighbors to the Southwest of Whitehaven because of a LONG BUS RIDE and some old school Longhorn Pride (Damien Dodson where ya at, Kenton Evans where ya at, Darrell Williams where ya at :D )...

Dresden 21 - Westwood 26

Harding Academy by 13

MUS by 3

Baylor by 10

To all the Henry Co. peps, its all love! Just like yall hyping up what yall know (The Pats) that's what I'm doing. Friday Night can't get here fast enough.

p.s.(G-Town, Millington, Arlington, Brighton) Where all the County Schools at??? ^_^

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

6A

5A

2A

D2-A

D2-AA

My picks are as follows:

1) Whitehaven

2) Ridgeway

3) Westwood

4) Harding Acadamy

5) MUS

6) CBHS

1) White Station 20-17

2) Ridgeway 34-30 (After reading the H.C. thread, they make Ridgeway look like a huge underdog! Gotta pull for 'em)

3) Westwood

4) Harding Academy by 14

5) MUS by 4

6) Baylor by 10

6A

5A

2A

D2-A

D2-AA

My picks are as follows:

1) Whitehaven

2) Ridgeway

3) Westwood

4) Harding Acadamy

5) MUS

6) CBHS

1)White Station

2)Ridgeway

3)Dresden

4)St.George

5)Einsworth

6)CBHS

6A

5A

2A

D2-A

D2-AA

My picks are as follows:

1) Whitehaven

2) Ridgeway

3) Westwood

4) Harding Acadamy

5) MUS

6) CBHS

1. Whitehaven

2. Henry Co.

3. Dresden

4. Harding Academy

5. Ensworth

6. Baylor

Whitestation

Henery Co

Dresden

Harding

Ensworth

Baylor

Blackhavensenator...

By the way all the city schools are pretty much county schools now and the city is in the county...

See you TRYING to be Smart. Emphasis on the word TRYING. We have not merged the independent systems quite yet man. Things are still in litigation. Speaking of TRYING to be SMART, Why are you still picking against Whitehaven??? :huh:

I'm going to tell you again, that these boys are special. Whitehaven's program started turning the corner in '08. -_-

Schools are in the county so technically they are county schools... The city of Memphis , Bartlett, G-town, millington, etc..... Are all in the county.

Whitehaven didn't just ware out WS on their first meeting. WS has improved since so it will be a good game. By the way compare the 2007 Millington D to u guys this yr ... Similar in many ways.