LEWIS COUNTY LEGENDS BEGIN CONDITIONING

ODB

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lewis County Legend's Team Captain Josh "Buster" Keltner will make his coaching debut tonight in Perry County at Linden Middle School inside Willie Hudson Athletic Center at 5:00pm. All friends and Legends fans are encouraged to arrive early as seating may be limited.

By the way, Coach Keltner, the team bus leaves at 4:15.

whoever you are saying you can run us out of the gym, I give you a personal invite, no I'll tell you what, you name the place and time and I GUARANTEE you won't run me out of the gym. You get any four guys to play me , the keltners, and any other two legends beside odb and I'll put 100$ says you can't beat us. We'll run your butt out of the gym.

[Edited by sportsman on 10-28-02 12:52P]

Guest Keltner

I am ready for the big game tonight, I've been talking with "Papa Bear Spears" and he has given me some advice on my big night. Also some fans out at the high school are wondering if Head Coach Hugh Smith plans on running the mighty 34-30 tonight? Settle down Johnny Reb, I agree with your statement and look foward to our games tomorrow night. I hear Terry "THA MONSTER" Shipp will be playing so we might have our hands full(lol). You will be there??

You must have the four key elements to run the legendary 34-30. Element # 1-Howard "the Bear" Spears to teach it, Element # 2-Wayne "the Rabbit" Tatum to substitute players, and Element #3-Larry "Catman" Davis to chart turnovers, Element #4-Price Robinson to play the back and block shots. Since we do not have any of the necessary four elements, then it would be futile for us to attempt to play such a highly complicated defense.

If you guys are playing, Josh will you call and leave me a message 6158951376 please. I have a presentation at 4 and I have a test at 9 in the morning so I don't know if it would be the smartest thing for me to come. I'm just messing about the challenges and the money, just havin a little fun to get people really ready to get after it. Please let me know on here or call . I'll try my hardest to make it. How did the game go and did you try 3430 :confused:

Guest Keltner

We are still gonna play tonight, 6:30. We beat Perry Co. last night but didn't run the 34-30.(lol). And the running record will never fall, never! Have you heard if Andy's gonna play?

Due to the absences of several Legends from the line-up, the games last night consisted of 4 on 4 half-court action. One team was led by arguably the biggest Legend of them all, Terry "Gooch" Shipp, who made his debut at the Legends Conditioning facilities. He joined forces with Travis McKissack, Coach Cox, and Lantz Dabbs. Their opponents were led by Josh Keltner, who teamed up with his brother the "Legend", Andy "Tracy McGrady" Lawson, and the ODB himself, Lil' Jerry Brown.

The games were said to be intense, with Shipp leading his team to an early 2-1 lead in the best of 7 series. However ODB caught fire in game 4 despite rampant trash-talking and cheap blows from his nemisis Travis McKissack and tied the series at 2 apiece. Andy "McGrady" played well the whole night, but really took over toward the end of game 5 scoring 9 of his teams final 10 points as they took a 3-2 lead. In the critical game six the Keltner's continued their great shooting from deep and shot down their opponents and took home the trophy. MVP was said to be Andy "McGrady" who finally overcame "personal problems" and play up to his potential for the first time in weeks. ODB was runner-up with three votes, who shot close to 45% for the night despite a severe case of frostbite from the last two times he walked home in the cold, frigid air after he became disgruntled at several of his teammates and refused a ride home.

The action may continue sometime this week depending on the demand from Legends players (possibly Thursday).