District 9-AAA

adbsnap

What are the current standings? Are there any surprises? Who are the best players in the district so far this year?

I can't say much for teams other than for Lebanon, but for Lebanon, I don't think there is a better point guard in the district than Tay Jackson. Also, Noah Mulaski is easily one of the top 5 shooters in the district.

The standings will look much like they look right now for the rest of the year.....TRUTH

Station Camp I still feel is the best team, but Lebanon might have players to get them once in the possible 4 times they might play this year.

Just looking at the teams and how its shaping up, might be better to be the 2 seed this year because IMO the bottom 5 teams are all similar and will beat each other up besides terrible pitiful portland and Hendersonville.

Have yet to see Wilson Central and Lebanon this year......Need to check them out who do they play tomorrow night?

Brown is doing a great job at Central, has the boys playing hard. He better enjoy the next 2 years because he does not have a lot of talent coming. Good kids, just not very talented basketball players. Coach at his largest feeder school(West Wilson)is not doing a good job of developing kids or getting enough kids involved in basketball to overcome attrition or any defections to other sports. West Wilson is the only middle school in Wilson County that does not have a separate 6th grade boys and girls program. We had one for 3 years and then someone

(coach, administration) decided he wanted the whole program together, so now we have 21 boys on a 6-8th grade team practicing all together. 6th graders have 7 guys on the team, with the best one transferring after Christmas, and will play 8 games this year, right down the road the Mt. Juliet Middle 6th grade team has 16 boys on the team, will play 25+ games and have separate practices from their 7-8th team. We have 41 boys and girls grades 6-8 involved in basketball, 3 years ago when we had a separate 6th grade program for boys and girls we had 70. Our boys team this spring had 4 practices and 1 scrimmage, 4 open gyms throughout the summer. If your middle school coaches are not busting their tails in developing numbers of kids and fundamentals, and taking advantage of the time in the spring and summer it is going to be tough for the high school coaches to be successful. Unless Central gets a few good transfers it is going to be very lean after this sophomore class is gone

• 2 weeks later...

Brown is doing a great job at Central, has the boys playing hard. He better enjoy the next 2 years because he does not have a lot of talent coming. Good kids, just not very talented basketball players. Coach at his largest feeder school(West Wilson)is not doing a good job of developing kids or getting enough kids involved in basketball to overcome attrition or any defections to other sports. West Wilson is the only middle school in Wilson County that does not have a separate 6th grade boys and girls program. We had one for 3 years and then someone

(coach, administration) decided he wanted the whole program together, so now we have 21 boys on a 6-8th grade team practicing all together. 6th graders have 7 guys on the team, with the best one transferring after Christmas, and will play 8 games this year, right down the road the Mt. Juliet Middle 6th grade team has 16 boys on the team, will play 25+ games and have separate practices from their 7-8th team. We have 41 boys and girls grades 6-8 involved in basketball, 3 years ago when we had a separate 6th grade program for boys and girls we had 70. Our boys team this spring had 4 practices and 1 scrimmage, 4 open gyms throughout the summer. If your middle school coaches are not busting their tails in developing numbers of kids and fundamentals, and taking advantage of the time in the spring and summer it is going to be tough for the high school coaches to be successful. Unless Central gets a few good transfers it is going to be very lean after this sophomore class is gone

I heard about that. I saw the 6th grade coaches and thought those guys did a good job of developing kids. They played them all regardless of the score and they were volunteers.

Too bad that happened.

Also, this thread keeps on giving. I lookef back at some of the posts and I still cant figure out who Bigchief is? The guy knows the local coaches and talent. Plus, he's knowledgeable about sports. Im baffled.🤔🤔😳🤔🤔🤔

Should be a great game tonight between lebanon and Station Camp.

I haven't seen lebanon play in person all year. Thinking I might need to come down to the Camp tonight to see it.

I just feel Station Camp is too good at every position.  Even though Whites Creek gave them one of their toughest games all year. I see them handling business tonight with a 7-12 point victory

any other district games worth a watch tonight?

Station Camp over Lebanon by 5. Lebanon took their only lead 37-36 early in 3rd qtr. Bison respond with 14-0 run to go up 50-37. Lebanon battled back but couldn't get closer than 3 rest of the way. Both PG's played really well but Freeman balled out for SC. Look forward to return matchup at Lebanon.

Elsewhere Beech wins at MJ 😦

Hendersonville hammers Portland

Any word on Gallatin-WC?

Station Camp over Lebanon by 5. Lebanon took their only lead 37-36 early in 3rd qtr. Bison respond with 14-0 run to go up 50-37. Lebanon battled back but couldn't get closer than 3 rest of the way. Both PG's played really well but Freeman balled out for SC. Look forward to return matchup at Lebanon.

Elsewhere Beech wins at MJ 😦

Hendersonville hammers Portland

Any word on Gallatin-WC?

Gallatin wins 63-60 at the buzzer.

Memphis has better ATHLETES, but not necessarily better basketball players. The uninformed don't know the difference.

I seriously doubt that TA is worried in any way about you whether it be the spoken word or the veiled threat. That being said, you claim not to have a personal issue with him but then spout off with the internet macho crap. We both know that is going nowhere.  Let it go...............

I agree that the district is down. Station Camp has better athletes right now and that is why they are winning. They are not all that good, except in comparison to the others in 9 AAA. I thought they greatly underachieved last year for sure. Can MJ compete for the district title this year? Sure. So can Lebanon.

I bet if you tell Purvis you have been on CoachT and Bigchief says hey he will know who it is. Unlike some people I have used the same name on here for going on 15 years. What was that other name you registered last year? Funny stuff.

The other name that I was using, was a mistake on my part. one of my sons was logged on and I posted under it, not paying any attention. Sorry if you think I have some agenda to have multiple accounts.  As far as TA is concerned , it's not a threat.... I really don't care what he thinks of me.  I'm sure he does not give it any thought...

The fact is Memphis does have better teams, better talent. Do they know the game better, maybe not but talent and athleticism will always prevail . 

I hope the players at MJ have a great season, I have never and will never say anything about the players.  Why you want to me to continue to tell Purvis hello for you is beyond me. 

Bigchief I have been enlightened to your identity... everything is falling into place.  

Ironically, you are about 2 miles from me down division... small world.... I see the MJ to GP connection now and how you know JC.... but who doesn't... know JC or RC

Don't know why you would want to defend TA , maybe that's one of those high school coaches things. 

Good luck with your BB season at ENM  

If you ever get up to see a MJ baseball game look me up... I will explain my comments about TA...

Edited by FightinIllini