District 9-AAA

adbsnap

I will be the first to say that I did not expect the game with WC and Kenwood to go that way. I expected a closer game with a tight Kenwood win.

Congrats to WC as they played great defense after the first couple of Rivers' dunks to start the game- they setteled down and played really well.

Chickhot2- tell that weak crap to someone who doesn't know anything about basketball. There aint a coach in 9AAA that will agree with yout asinine comment. I noticed you didn't run your mouth in here after MJ got their tails whipped! Take your weak #### to the house, oh wait it already is!

After watching both games Tuesday, I didn't see this outcome at all. Congrats to WC and way to represent 9AAA. I've stayed away from all the smack talk and weak district talk but good luck to both teams Monday night! I'm glad 9AAA has bragging rights as region champs. I guess the win makes the Bison look a little better, lol. However, they're probably still the third best team that played in the semis. However, the future looks bright for SC. Thanks to everyone for posting throughout the year; it's been fun.

very well played game for WC. This is kenwoods first loss this season where i can say they did not beat themselve, WC beat them. That press is very effective I bet WC shot twice as many shots as Kenwood tonight. Just to many turnovers. Norl has seen double and tripple teams all season so that is nothing out of the ordinary. But WC was very effective on him all night. Kenwood was completely out coach, congrats to Williams who played lights out. Honestly WC might have the least overall talent from the 16 teams left in the field but they have as good of a chance as anyone with that trap. good luck the rest of the way. At least all the seniors get to play one more after tonight.

Honestly WC might have the least overall talent from the 16 teams left in the field but they have as good of a chance as anyone with that trap.

You undermine your own credibility with that statement; they may be white, but Jacob Williams is an elite, versatile talent for TN HS hoops. Williams can take it off the dribble and score, he can hit the mid-range jumper consistently, he can hit the three off the dribble or set-up pass, he can set picks and grab tough offensive boards, he does it all.

Ben Palmer and Jon Rosshirt are also pretty darn exceptional talents with high hoops IQs as well. Palmer is super smart and a focused mechanical operator in the paint while Rosshirt is a Steve Nash clone. Matthew Hall is also very competent and a danger if you leave him open.

They're way better than a Walker Valley or a Dobyns-Bennett and they should cream Hunters Lane for the same reasons Brentwood did; because WC isn't one-dimensional. All teams like Hunters Lane can do is penetrate and hope you don't know how to play defense, because they can't shoot worth a lick and don't run very sophisticated/cerebral sets. Teams with athletes can beat most teams but they can't beat teams with smarts who prepare.

Edited by ThePiedPiperOfBrentwood

You invalidate your own credibility with that statement; they may be white, but Jacob Williams is an elite, versatile talent for TN HS hoops. Williams can take it off the dribble and score, he can hit the mid-range jumper consistently, he can hit the three off the dribble or set-up pass, he can set picks and grab tough offensive boards, he does it all.

Ben Palmer and Jon Rosshirt are also pretty darn exceptional talents with high hoops IQs as well. Palmer is super smart and a focused mechanical operator in the paint while Rosshirt is a Steve Nash clone. Matthew Hall is also very competent and a danger if you leave him open.

They're way better than a Walker Valley or a Dobyns-Bennett and they should cream Hunters Lane for the same reasons Brentwood did; because WC isn't one-dimensional. All teams like Hunters Lane can do is penetrate and hope you don't know how to play defense, because they can't shoot worth a lick and don't run very sophisticated/cerebral sets. Teams with athletes can beat most teams but they can't beat teams with brains who prepare.

Wow that has a very condescending racial over tone to it. This is not 1966 nor is Texas Western or Kentucy in the building. You can try to mask it all you want. Brentwood and Wilson Central comprised of white players where Kenwood and Hunters lane are all black. You are as classless as they come to post on here and even hint in the slightest way that the white players won because they are smarter with "brains who prepare" and the black player or as you try to mask it "athletes" can't beat teams with brains.