South Pittsburg against Gordonsville

Roy Dillard

powerp, you continue to amaze me. I like the fact that you have confidence in your team. You should. I too have confidence in South Pitt and I am convinced they will come to Turney Ford Field and play their best game this year. But, you really dont understand the game of football with some of the statements you make. Fake punts, reverses, onside kicks, flee-flickers, jet sweeps, (I could go on and on) are all part of the game and we executed that part of the game last year and came within inches of taking the lead at the start of the fourth quarter but just couldnt get it done. To say close to a mercy rule is absolutely crazy. But again that was last year. Yes, this Gordonsville TEAM is better than last year and much more balanced and actually more explosive. We will surprise you with the speed we have. It's not just Watson and Coen but I hope you continue to believe it is and like I said in and earlier post if your team comes to Turney Ford Field just concentrating on them two then Gordonsville wins by more than two scores. But I dont expect this to happen as I know South Pitt and Gordonsville bring their A games. I still say special teams play has a major role in this game. I will give my prediction later in the week.

You have to avoid my friend PowerP. He loves his Pirates. He will make some bold predictions sometimes. Sometimes he is right & most of the time he is wrong. :roflol::mrgreen:

All this SP infighting is hilarious. If the Pirates take this approach, they better

stay on the bus.

SP has a good team this year, as does Gordonsville. Looks like a pretty even match to me.

Likely come down to mistakes & breaks, rather than talent.

Strap it up & get ready for a war on both sides.

Hope everybody stays injury free. Grunt will have to support G,ville in this one

due to being in Reg. 4. If SP was playing anyone else I'd have to support SP as usual.

Tough call there. Good luck to whoever makes it to Cookeville. Should take the Gold!!

Don't let that fool you. We'll still like each other better than we do Gordyville guys Friday night.

Man I know where your coming from but it get's sickening week in and out and both of yall have nothing good to say about SP! I mean u act like GV is the best team since sliced bread!

The Pirates don't have to be a perfect team Friday night. Both teams are very good teams, but neither team is really perfect. They need to better than G.V. Friday night. Everyone knows whats on the line. The Pirates should want it more. Winning Friday will be a first for SP, 3 title games in a row which would also set up a chance for back to back Gold Balls. The satisfaction of beating G.V. is also a plus.

Edited by rlh

All this SP infighting is hilarious. If the Pirates take this approach, they better

stay on the bus.

SP has a good team this year, as does Gordonsville. Looks like a pretty even match to me.

Likely come down to mistakes & breaks, rather than talent.

Strap it up & get ready for a war on both sides.

Hope everybody stays injury free. Grunt will have to support G,ville in this one

due to being in Reg. 4. If SP was playing anyone else I'd have to support SP as usual.

Tough call there. Good luck to whoever makes it to Cookeville. Should take the Gold!!

Dad burnit Grunt, Old Pirate & us SP folkes feels slighted. You can bet SP didn't pull for SM even if theys were in our region last year. Painful....jest plain painful to knows ole Grunt has suffered such a damaging skillet attack... :roflol:

UncleDave has been thinking about the upcoming game all weekend. The Pirates are a very talented team that has had alot of injuries to slow them down all year. They have played more quality opponents this year than in any year I can remember. The problem I see is that they are not playing with any leadership or heart at times. They can not go into this game that way, or they will get a rude awakening. The Tigers have a very good line on both sides of the ball and a very quick backfield. They will test the Pirate defense that is for sure. I have confidence in the Pirates, but unless they stop all the stupid penalties and play as a team for 4 quarters, they may come out on the losing end of this game. The coaches can only do so much to get the team ready....they have to do the rest. Bottom line, the Pirates can not just "show up" and expect a win. They will have to earn this one.

Good post. I'm more worried about this game than I have been about any so far. Which only makes some sense due to its importance. But we need some leadership to take charge and light the field up. Our Pirates have endured and conquored a brutal schedule throughout the season (esp the latter part) and travelling through the playoffs. We've won, but still not played as dominant as what they could if they could avoid a flat spot during the game. This Gordonsville team is worrying me. I have alot of confidence in our Pirates, but they need to step it up and show their grit. Too many penalties, dropped balls, and at times, just flat execution. I know the coaches are doing all they can to motivate and prepare the team. We need stand-out play from all of the guys. DJ needs to get aggressive in the game the way he does in practices. I'm very hopeful that we leave the game Friday night having once again done what is necessary to win the game and head back for another chance at the Title. Hope all the Pirate faithful can make it up there to show their support Friday. Should be a great atmosphere against a great team! The Pirate ship sails into Gordonsville ready for war! Go Pirates!!

The Pirates don't have to be a perfect team Friday night. Both teams are very good teams, but neither teams is really perfect. The need to better than G.V. Friday night. Everyone knows whats on the line. The Pirates should want it more. Winning Friday will be a first for SP, 3 title games in a row which was also set up a chance for back to back Gold Balls. The satisfaction of beating G.V. is also a plus.

Now that's more like it. Tell it like it really is rlh. I'm like Grunt...I'm not buying into SP faithful about how it will take a perfect game in order for them to win.

I saw SP when the Sisco Kid played and the great tradition that this program has had through the yrs. Gordonsville will definitely have to play one of their better games to beat Pitt. And vise-versa.

Should be an ole slobber knocker kind of game. With the winner a heavy favorite to get the GOLD.

Pulling for the neighbors down the road to go all the way. GO TIGERS :thumb:

Guest Purplepastry

Purple Pansy, you are flat out wrong. We don't go around sticking up flags in other peoples P. We don't go around jumping up and down on it either. However, if there is a rotten trick, Jasper probably pulled it 50 years ago. You are definitely a classic jasperite.

Bull, I saw the Vickeyites standing on the logo with their arms crossed staring down MC. I understand that some people are direspectful like that but if you do that kinda thing do it to everybody and don't complain when it happens to you.

P.S I am not a typical anything.

Bull, I saw the Vickeyites standing on the logo with their arms crossed staring down MC. I understand that some people are direspectful like that but if you do that kinda thing do it to everybody and don't complain when it happens to you.

P.S I am not a typical anything.

I didn't say a "typical" jasperite, I said "Classic" Jasperite. As I said, Jasper-SP stuff has been going on since 1924. As far as Vic goes, he learned it from K.C. and the Sunshine Band back in the 80s. How is basketball going?

Old Pirate missed the game Friday but have noticed several players still appear unsure where they need to line up or who they are suppose to block. The word is in the break room Lankford looked as if he was not sure what was going on and the OL & TE were also slow to get in their proper places.

Perhaps some knew offensive sets could be the reason. Jest know the Pirates best be focused on where and what they need to do come Friday. With the 2 top WRs out their absence has given way for LittleMan is have more chances to show his versibility but has not shown consistancy catching the ball. Looks as if the Pirate ship will still be missing some much needed fire power.

Old Pirate missed the game Friday but have noticed several players still appear unsure where they need to line up or who they are suppose to block. The word is in the break room Lankford looked as if he was not sure what was going on and the OL & TE were also slow to get in their proper places.

Perhaps some knew offensive sets could be the reason. Jest know the Pirates best be focused on where and what they need to do come Friday. With the 2 top WRs out their absence has given way for LittleMan is have more chances to show his versibility but has not shown consistancy catching the ball. Looks as if the Pirate ship will still be missing some much needed fire power.

Lankford had 10 totes for 181 yards Friday night. 2 or 3 of those times he went to the house.