South Pittsburg against Gordonsville

Roy Dillard

You need my help this weeek rather you want to admit it or not. Now you know how I felt earlier in the year when I was saying Signal could beat us. Gordonsville is going to be tough. Our team has done nothing for you guys to feel confident that we can go up there and win a game. Its not easy going up there regardless to win a game, and this team has been inconsistent all year. Do I think we can win? Yes I do. Will I be suprised if we lose. No I will not. For the ones that will be suprised I guess yall are still saying we could have beat Signal if we had everyone. The truth hurts.

I gave you the chance to be my partner in crime and be my apprentice and you took the high road...TrainTracks works better alone and needs no partner...Lol and yes Truth does hurt

2011=2008 similarities between these two teams are mind boggling...Both awesome Defenses and both have a offense with soo much firepower its almost impossible to be great at anything....WE DO NOT HAVE A GO TO PLAY OR PLAYER when the game is on the line....This team doesn't have a 46 in their playcalling...If we had a formation and play to where we could possibly grind them and pound them back then please by all means stand up!!! We would win this game without a doubt but we don't! In years we has won it we had a bread and butter play...People can't really say this team has that

Maybe all this bickering among the SP folks will translate to the team.

Wow, is all I can say.

Guys, this isn't last year, and both teams have a completely different group of kids for the most part.

Someone said Coen was there last year and didn't make a difference. You're right and wrong.

He was there last year as a sophomore and was the second leading tackler on the team.

I and alot of Gville faithful expect more out of him and the rest of the team this year.

We also have other linemen besides Coen who are playing lights out right now, so it's just no going to be Coen that beats SP.

I'm confident enough in my team that they'll get the job done.

Now, I'm going to take a page from an SP poster, I've seen film on the web here that Roy and Al invented, and I think Gville wins.

However, I think it will be close.

Maybe all this bickering among the SP folks will translate to the team.

Wow, is all I can say.

Guys, this isn't last year, and both teams have a completely different group of kids for the most part.

Someone said Coen was there last year and didn't make a difference. You're right and wrong.

He was there last year as a sophomore and was the second leading tackler on the team.

I and alot of Gville faithful expect more out of him and the rest of the team this year.

We also have other linemen besides Coen who are playing lights out right now, so it's just no going to be Coen that beats SP.

I'm confident enough in my team that they'll get the job done.

Now, I'm going to take a page from an SP poster, I've seen film on the web here that Roy and Al invented, and I think Gville wins.

However, I think it will be close.

SP wins this one by 2 touchdowns at the most if they are on their A game. If both teams play at their best then this one could come down to the last drive. Can Gordonsville kick field goals? My prediction is

Pirates 22

Gordonsville 20

Here is what I would try. All seniors need to be captains in this game. Roberson needs be on the side Coen. I believe Coen is more fundamentally sound but DJ needs to get mean and show what he is about. We need to run the ball until it is stopped. Even put Chubb in the backfield. Power football. I will say it again RUN RUN RUN. I say run right at Coen.

I definitely think SP needs to run the ball a little more. With two good backs like the Pirates have, I would run them until they are stopped. If Chubb is healthy this week, I expect him to have a big game. He is a senior and is due a big game...and what better one to come up big in!

I will be honest, all I can tell from film is that a certain team has athletes and are well coached. Speed is hard to judge on film, so both sides are probably going to be surprised once the game starts Friday.

A couple of questions here (and they have nothing to do with the game).....

1.) Will someone from South Pitt. bring the Roy Dillard t-shirts. I'd be willing to bet you could darn near sell the rest of them (if there are any left). I've asked Santa for one, but not sure I can wait until Christmas.

2.) Where is the pre-game party? Croz's house, Snoball's house, Timberloft, parking lot? Give us some options here Croz...Wolverine.

I'd say this may be the biggest crowd Gordonsville has seen in quite some time. If you aren't in the area by 5 o'clock...good luck to you!!

A couple of questions here (and they have nothing to do with the game).....

1.) Will someone from South Pitt. bring the Roy Dillard t-shirts. I'd be willing to bet you could darn near sell the rest of them (if there are any left). I've asked Santa for one, but not sure I can wait until Christmas.

2.) Where is the pre-game party? Croz's house, Snoball's house, Timberloft, parking lot? Give us some options here Croz...Wolverine.

I'd say this may be the biggest crowd Gordonsville has seen in quite some time. If you aren't in the area by 5 o'clock...good luck to you!!

My house is within walking distance of the school. I don't know about a party, but you're welcome to park there. :roflolk:

Yes they can kick field goals.

It is very possible for the final score to be

Gordonsville 24

Pirates 22

A late field goal in the end can secure the win. Is all the stuff true about turning the lights off & all of that? It should be a great atmosphere. Pirates have to stay focused.

Edited by NoCompetition2

I just keep on thinking to myself how much better is Gordonsville than last year and how does this pirate team compare to last years team. You cannot compare scores I know, but if it was not for fake punts last year G'ville would have been mercy ruled. Watch for those fake punts this year!! Not saying we will mercy rule Gordonsville at all, however, I think the Pirates come in with a mission, and know how to execute and get the job done, and our WRs are going to step up and catch the rock, and our line is going to knock some holes and allow our backs to break the line of scrimmage and the Pirates win this game by 13!! Go Pirates

powerp, you continue to amaze me. I like the fact that you have confidence in your team. You should. I too have confidence in South Pitt and I am convinced they will come to Turney Ford Field and play their best game this year. But, you really dont understand the game of football with some of the statements you make. Fake punts, reverses, onside kicks, flee-flickers, jet sweeps, (I could go on and on) are all part of the game and we executed that part of the game last year and came within inches of taking the lead at the start of the fourth quarter but just couldnt get it done. To say close to a mercy rule is absolutely crazy. But again that was last year. Yes, this Gordonsville TEAM is better than last year and much more balanced and actually more explosive. We will surprise you with the speed we have. It's not just Watson and Coen but I hope you continue to believe it is and like I said in and earlier post if your team comes to Turney Ford Field just concentrating on them two then Gordonsville wins by more than two scores. But I dont expect this to happen as I know South Pitt and Gordonsville bring their A games. I still say special teams play has a major role in this game. I will give my prediction later in the week.

I definitely think SP needs to run the ball a little more. With two good backs like the Pirates have, I would run them until they are stopped. If Chubb is healthy this week, I expect him to have a big game. He is a senior and is due a big game...and what better one to come up big in!

I will be honest, all I can tell from film is that a certain team has athletes and are well coached. Speed is hard to judge on film, so both sides are probably going to be surprised once the game starts Friday.

Coach Grider has the tendency to pass the ball more than run in big games. Even when he has a future SEC player on his team. I'm sure Seven, TT, & others can tell you about that if you don't know what I am talking about. Hopefully he has learned his lesson over the years & comes out handing the ball off to our Mr. Football award finalist and Little Man.

SP learned a cool new trick that day from GV. They did the same thing to others. That is the way it usually is. You see your own faults in others and are obsessed with them

Purple Pansy, you are flat out wrong. We don't go around sticking up flags in other peoples P. We don't go around jumping up and down on it either. However, if there is a rotten trick, Jasper probably pulled it 50 years ago. You are definitely a classic jasperite.