South Pittsburg against Gordonsville

Roy Dillard

No joke if you want to talk about college get out of here. In my post earlier some took it as me saying GV would beat the Pirates and that is not it. I was saying that this big Lineman that we have that was supposed to be mr everything hasnt impressed me a whole lot unless he was picking on smaller guys. I said this is his chance to really become a Pirate and go against another good lineman. The one reason I like teams like GV and Trousdale is that they will punch you right in the mouth like we will. There's no need to be champs if you are only going to beat up on wimps like what is out west. Yes I think we will get punched but I also think we will knock them out. People will not agree but the Pirates are a better balanced team this year than last. No we don't have the Hale boy but who are you going to key on this team and our Defense is better. Have fun with this one and see you at the game.

Lol good call on the random timeouts!

He has done this for 15 years....Strange and often times questionable...I think every fan knows when they are coming haha

LOL trust me... he has good reasons for his "random" time outs. He makes very good use of them even though his reasoning is not apparent to the fans

Gordonsville is very good...good line on both side and the QB and skill people are all good. The Coen kid is a beast. Gordonsville was the best team we played in the playoffs last year and they are better this year (and will be good next year...lots of juniors). They are the best playoff team we have faced since Trousdale in 08 and Union City in 09 and we all know how those came out. If the Pirates play their best we can win... they play like the last few weeks .... we don't wanna go there. This team is not playing up to their potential and so far is not at the same level as the 07,08,09 and 10 teams. They have the talent and have it in them but just have to reach deep and let it out! GO PIRATES!!!

No joke if you want to talk about college get out of here. In my post earlier some took it as me saying GV would beat the Pirates and that is not it. I was saying that this big Lineman that we have that was supposed to be mr everything hasnt impressed me a whole lot unless he was picking on smaller guys. I said this is his chance to really become a Pirate and go against another good lineman. The one reason I like teams like GV and Trousdale is that they will punch you right in the mouth like we will. There's no need to be champs if you are only going to beat up on wimps like what is out west. Yes I think we will get punched but I also think we will knock them out. People will not agree but the Pirates are a better balanced team this year than last. No we don't have the Hale boy but who are you going to key on this team and our Defense is better. Have fun with this one and see you at the game.

You are right MR Legit. It's time to put up or shut up. One team will be looking forward to a state crown next week and the other gets a jump on basketball a week earlier..All the hype of a great game is in the work's so it's time for the player's to perform at there highest level and the coach's to coach at there highest level bc there's no tomorrow fot the loser..

If you don't like my and 1172's post - DON'T read them :excl:

Yall have been talking about two sorry teams in TN and Vandy is what I was referring to. Who cares about them anyways!!

I hope you dont claim to be a Tennessee fan because if you do you should never again. UT is not on Vandy's level. The reason TN has been this bad this is year is because of injuries. We simply did not have the depth to overcome the injuries & had to swich 1st year & 2nd year plays to positions that are not natural to them. Once again I will try to get back on topic. Go Pirates.

You can break the team down by stats if you want and they are pretty even. One thing you can't teach or coach: heart and hunger. I'm not a graduate nor do I attend Gordonsville but I have been to many games and simply put: NO team wants this more than Gordonsville. No coaching staff and players are putting in more time to prepare than this Gordonsville team. Then add home field advantage! Advantage Gordonsville. This team is easily State Championship material.

Don't get something started you can't finish. The only reason I read it was because I thought you might have a thought on the game Friday.

MrLegit there's some people you can't talk with in a nice friendly way on here so just ignore him or maybe a moderator will delete there comments if there not based on the topic.

LOL trust me... he has good reasons for his "random" time outs. He makes very good use of them even though his reasoning is not apparent to the fans

Gordonsville is very good...good line on both side and the QB and skill people are all good. The Coen kid is a beast. Gordonsville was the best team we played in the playoffs last year and they are better this year (and will be good next year...lots of juniors). They are the best playoff team we have faced since Trousdale in 08 and Union City in 09 and we all know how those came out. If the Pirates play their best we can win... they play like the last few weeks .... we don't wanna go there. This team is not playing up to their potential and so far is not at the same level as the 07,08,09 and 10 teams. They have the talent and have it in them but just have to reach deep and let it out! GO PIRATES!!!

Good stuff Zone. You always have good info. I will still question some of his timeouts till the day he retires, but I know he knows best. Hopefully SP will play their best and pull out a W.

Edited by NoCompetition2