South Pittsburg against Gordonsville

Roy Dillard

Quote:I heard my mom talking about a game between Cookeville and South Pitt., years ago,called the Civitan Bowl.I believe she said it was in 1969.Said that Watson Brown was quarter back then.I do believe she said that they won that year.Is this true Old Pirate?

Quote:

No sir ree bob, Old Pirate says that ain't correct atall. That Civitan was long before 1969. Recon, you'd better pay attention to that skillet slinger mom, looks as if old pop has done and turned the tables on her.. :roflol:

Of course I know the names . I am from Gordonsville and was around in 1984.

If you were around in 84 then ill tell you a couple things from a couple games from around that time that only someone that was there would know. In the 87 playoff game against Greenback, TE Eric Manning missed a stinking wide open pass over the middle that wouldve won the game and sent us to another championship game. Then the next yr's playoffs at FRA was one of the coldest games i can remember. A fan of another team wouldnt have known those little nuggets.

Wade had about 109 total yards that game. If you notice at the end of some of those runs, he went 90 degrees to get out of bounds. :roflol:That video clip shows their highlights and each of them about 2 or 3 times. thumb[1].gif What killed us was when the refs let them line up outside the defense with out warning us and on top of that the receiver was over by their bench camouflaging his jersey. He never went to the huddle either.

[/quote

As a matter of fact I believe TSSAA sent So Pitt an apology for the two terrible calls.

You guys pulling for the pirates wear your black and we will have a sea of blue. Fitting, because after this game I expect a lot of boys will be black and blue (that means they'll be bruised for any "slow" posters). And I expect that'll be the case for both teams. Pumped up for a showdown we are here in Tigertown!