Henry County vs Hendersonville

titanfan33

My Springfield team is home for the year, so I hope Henry County can get over the hump and get to Cookeville. A HC-Powell final would be an outstanding game. I hope the Patriots don't let the pressure of not getting past this point get to them. I don't believe Coach Counce will let that happen, though.

Having seen both teams play Springfield this year, I give the edge to Henry County. Springfield didn't give Henry County any competition, and they only gave Hendersonville a little better game. GWAVE1 was spot on with his comments. Hendersonville didn't have to pass the ball much against Spfd., but when they did it was effective. They run the wing-T very well. HC has the advantage in the interior line and overall team speed. I give the intangibles edge to HC with the game in Paris. The only way I see HC losing is if the game comes down to a kicking duel. Hendersonville has a decided edge in the kicking game. Their place kicker is first rate. Against Springfield his kickoffs were aided by a slight wind, but they were landing 2-5 yards beyond the back of the end zone. Kicks into the wind were in the end zone. Needless to say, he is impressive.

I would like to make the game in person, but not sure at this point. I may try to get my fellow Spfd. fan The Commisioner a call to see if he wants to ride down. Good luck to our fellow District 10 competitors in Henry County. Happy Thanksgiving!

I would love to attend this game. One of these teams just may win it all. I think it is Henry Countys to lose, and I do wish them all luck tomorrow night. Just know what it means to that community, and your boys are a class act. Much respect to your coaches, and I hope next year we can give you a good game here in Springfield. One way I would attend is if I was able to meet the great TheRedWarrior, and be offered some dove meat in front of the locker room tail gate. I just hope in the future our program will be as exciting as the Patriot Nation. Happy Thanksgiving to Jacket Nation, Patriot Nation, and Commando Nation. Better stop #20 and #3 from Hendersonville or will be a tough night. Just dont know how their defense will match up to Ray and the boys. I see this game as Patriots 34 - Commandos 14 in the end.

I would love to attend this game. One of these teams just may win it all. I think it is Henry Countys to lose, and I do wish them all luck tomorrow night. Just know what it means to that community, and your boys are a class act. Much respect to your coaches, and I hope next year we can give you a good game here in Springfield. One way I would attend is if I was able to meet the great TheRedWarrior, and be offered some dove meat in front of the locker room tail gate. I just hope in the future our program will be as exciting as the Patriot Nation. Happy Thanksgiving to Jacket Nation, Patriot Nation, and Commando Nation. Better stop #20 and #3 from Hendersonville or will be a tough night. Just dont know how their defense will match up to Ray and the boys. I see this game as Patriots 34 - Commandos 14 in the end.

Thanks coach. Come on and enjoy some food and a great atmoshphere. The crowd should be huge with all the college kids and families in town for thanksgiving. We always love the support of the rest of the district. But come early if you wanna seat.

The arrogance of your fanbase is hilarious... It's almost as if you are a top tier program that makes it to state championships often....

Oh no.. wait, nevermind.

State Championships, we have none, state championships runner ups, we have none, 4 semi final appearrances in 6 years we do have, now please explain to me how many programs in the state can say they have had that success over the last six years, Maryville and Alcoa by far surpass it, trousdale, And I would put any team that has reached the Championship over that stretch has been very successful, but to not say a victory over Henry County is a good victory well I would hav eto disagree, they may not be at the top of the top tier, but they have been consistently one of the best in their classification for the last six years, maybe that is a second tier program to you but not me. 06 Maryville beat Hillsboro 07 Maryville beat Maplewood 08 Hillsboro beat Maryville, 09 Beech beat Columbia, 10 Columbia beat Hendersonville, Columbia and Hillsboro both made two trips to the big game, Hillsboro since their run has fallen off the map, sure I would rather have one title than 4 semi final appearances and no vicotries but a top tier program is one that contends year in and year out and that is what HC has done over the last few years.

State Championships, we have none, state championships runner ups, we have none, 4 semi final appearrances in 6 years we do have, now please explain to me how many programs in the state can say they have had that success over the last six years, Maryville and Alcoa by far surpass it, trousdale, And I would put any team that has reached the Championship over that stretch has been very successful, but to not say a victory over Henry County is a good victory well I would hav eto disagree, they may not be at the top of the top tier, but they have been consistently one of the best in their classification for the last six years, maybe that is a second tier program to you but not me. 06 Maryville beat Hillsboro 07 Maryville beat Maplewood 08 Hillsboro beat Maryville, 09 Beech beat Columbia, 10 Columbia beat Hendersonville, Columbia and Hillsboro both made two trips to the big game, Hillsboro since their run has fallen off the map, sure I would rather have one title than 4 semi final appearances and no vicotries but a top tier program is one that contends year in and year out and that is what HC has done over the last few years.

Good post, we have definitely made our presence known with 7 straight playoff appearances and a 15-6 post season record in that time frame, but we won't silence the critics until we bust down the door and not just make it to a championship game, but win one. Hopefully we get on that track by accomplishing the former tomorrow night! One game at a time.

GO PATRIOTS!!! :thumb:

I will be in Mississippi for the holidays so you won't meet me at this game. If I were deeply concerned about the outcome of this game, I would drive back for it...but I am not concerned in the least. I will meet you at the title game next week...if you can locate me. Happy Thanksgiving.

I will be in Mississippi for the holidays so you won't meet me at this game. If I were deeply concerned about the outcome of this game, I would drive back for it...but I am not concerned in the least. I will meet you at the title game next week...if you can locate me. Happy Thanksgiving.

Wait...so you're not deeply concerned about the outcome of a game that could potentially send us to Cookeville for the first time?

I respect you, Warrior, but you are quite a trooper. I just wish I was as overwhelmingly confident as you are. I certainly believe in the Patriots, but I still do not expect Hendersonville to be a pushover in any way, and I'm still expecting an even stouter game than last week. Although, I would love to be proven wrong. Enjoy your trip, and happy thanksgiving.

Great post! I don't even reply to the no championship flame anymore. It is what I call a "crutch" flame for a poster that is limping through a thread. I also don't think most people realize how many breaks are required to win a state title no matter how good a team is.