CPA @ MILAN let's get it started

thedawg44

Man it is funny to see people that are so blinded by their rural love for football miss reality. CPA is coming to smack your hometown team in the mouth, period. Pearl Cohn was on their heals last night in the last two quarters because CPA took it to them. CPA is hungry. This is not gonna be what you have seen so far. Better kill ya a fatted calf, your gonna need the energy.

and cpa will head back to nasville next friday starving to death. :roflol:

and our rural love for football has produced 4 gold balls and 3 silver. exactly how many gold or silver do the big city cpa boys have? :thumb:

Mr. Appleton better get his foot ready, cause I see this as possibly being a LSU vs. BAMA situation....battle of the field goals. I hope CPA won't be scared of #3 like Fairview was, and will actually kick deep. If that's the case, I see #3 'Lightenin' breaking one early and getting down to the red zone, where we'll give it to #29 'Thunder' and he'll pound it in the house!!! Imma say final will look something like 16-10 in favor of my Dawgs!

:hungry: Dawgs are hungry as well Mr. DenKeeper.....and a hungry dawg is a dangerous dawg.....just remember that!

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving, and hope you CPA fans have a safe drive out west!!! See y'all Friday!

The Chow Wagon is a great place to eat, if you want burgers and fries and a hot fudge cake....I love the Chow Wagon. Also, if you want some great chicken and vegetables, go to Lee's....their honeymustard for dipping the chicken strips in is....well..."wow" to the tastebuds.

Well, it looks like CPA has played a great schedule, but winning at Milan is a tough chore. It sounds like this may be a defensive struggle from hearing the fans of both teams talk. I'd say that Milan is known more for their defense than their offense this year. I've been saying all year that Milan doesnt sound as good as past years teams, due to them barely winning some games against some 4 loss teams, and then getting beat by 1A Huntingdon, which was beaten by Wayne Co. Friday night. But, this should be a great game.

Of course, 3A is wide open this year with Alcoa not as good, and knocked out....I know you Milan fans would've rather beaten a top ranked Alcoa for the championship if you make it that far...to make up for all the losses to them in the past. But, winning a state championship is still a great thing, even if there's no big, bad Alcoa to beat this year.

I might come to this game...or, I might go see Henry Co. It sounds like the Patriots may be as good as the Marsalis Teague and Dominick Allen days....

The Chow Wagon is a great place to eat, if you want burgers and fries and a hot fudge cake....I love the Chow Wagon. Also, if you want some great chicken and vegetables, go to Lee's....their honeymustard for dipping the chicken strips in is....well..."wow" to the tastebuds.

Well, it looks like CPA has played a great schedule, but winning at Milan is a tough chore. It sounds like this may be a defensive struggle from hearing the fans of both teams talk. I'd say that Milan is known more for their defense than their offense this year. I've been saying all year that Milan doesnt sound as good as past years teams, due to them barely winning some games against some 4 loss teams, and then getting beat by 1A Huntingdon, which was beaten by Wayne Co. Friday night. But, this should be a great game.

Of course, 3A is wide open this year with Alcoa not as good, and knocked out....I know you Milan fans would've rather beaten a top ranked Alcoa for the championship if you make it that far...to make up for all the losses to them in the past. But, winning a state championship is still a great thing, even if there's no big, bad Alcoa to beat this year.

I might come to this game...or, I might go see Henry Co. It sounds like the Patriots may be as good as the Marsalis Teague and Dominick Allen days....

we'll take that gold ball any way we can get it.

Mr. Appleton better get his foot ready, cause I see this as possibly being a LSU vs. BAMA situation....battle of the field goals. I hope CPA won't be scared of #3 like Fairview was, and will actually kick deep. If that's the case, I see #3 'Lightenin' breaking one early and getting down to the red zone, where we'll give it to #29 'Thunder' and he'll pound it in the house!!! Imma say final will look something like 16-10 in favor of my Dawgs!

:hungry: Dawgs are hungry as well Mr. DenKeeper.....and a hungry dawg is a dangerous dawg.....just remember that!

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving, and hope you CPA fans have a safe drive out west!!! See y'all Friday!

I agree with the score prediction,but not necessarily the winner. This will be a great HS game, and, as a CPA fan, i consider it a privilege to play a program like Milan that has had such success. I don't think we have ever played Milan (played Union City, USJ, Camden in the west). It has taken CPA a few years to adjust to 3A schedule with just 280 students, but we're there now. Actually, we have gone further this year than I thought we would. I knew next year we would be a state contender.

if you have a good kick returner, then the fans will see two great ones.

See ya Friday! :thumb:

I think the Patriots fans would want a better team than the ones in those days. Henry County never made it to the championship game back then.

Edited by midtnmale

I think the Patriots fans would want a better team than the ones in those days. Henry County never made it to the championship game back then.

Dude, no need to hate on Henry Co. I know there's a rivalry between yall...from the past debating on who's the best team in rural, W. TN....but, that Henry Co. team was really, really good....they just couldnt get past Hillsboro that year. BTW, Milan had a great team at the same time, in the same years as Teague and Allen; but I dont seem to remember Milan winning the Gold Ball in those years of the Coleman's(Justin and Christian), Gilbert, and Avery Williamson...does that mean that those Milan teams were no good, too?

Let's keep it real, folks. I think some of the fans commenting in these threads need to remember that decaf coffee is available...and, life will still go on...even if your team loses.....lol.

for some reason , people always want to compare shedules. schedules don't mean diddly squat. it's what the final score is. that's all that matters. milan wins this one at home.

So you are saying playing quality teams doesn't get you better prepared for the playoffs? Ask Smith County how that worked out.

To let you know getting out of 13A was the hardest part and I don't think it going to change until Milan plays CAK in Cookeville. Talk your schedules over but get ready to mark out maplewood because Covington 13A runner-up will be in Cookeville also. 13A is tougher than CPA schedule. It's like this if you come to Milan be prepared for the biggest crowd you have seen at a high school game outside the state title game. 6000+ ppl from all over. Good luck to all teams still playing stay injury free and let get to Cookeville Bulldogs!!!

It's like this if you come to Milan be prepared for the biggest crowd you have seen at a high school game outside the state title game. 6000+ ppl from all over. Good luck to all teams still playing stay injury free and let get to Cookeville Bulldogs!!!

Definitely look forward to seeing Milan make the drive up to Cookeville! The Eagles (Cookeville's football team) are playing in an hour &, with a win, will take the OVC championship & a national playoff berth. We'll be lucky to see two great teams play some real football in our stadium over these next couple of weeks.

and cpa will head back to nasville next friday starving to death. :roflol:

and our rural love for football has produced 4 gold balls and 3 silver. exactly how many gold or silver do the big city cpa boys have? :thumb:

CPA has two gold balls from 2000 and 2002 although it was single A ball, still gold balls nonetheless. 2000 team produced 3 D1 players.