CAK vs Austin East (AE)

FootballDad

I've been waiting on "ColumbiaBlueNScarlet" to post or any of the other Roadrunners for that matter. Our two schools have never met in football and I'm excited to get a chance to play AE. I know AE loves to hook horns with Fulton and Alcoa, but this is going to be an interesting game. All that speed, size and athleticism for the Roadrunners on one side, and one of the most prolific passing offenses in TN high school football on the other. A short trip to Cookeville for a chance at a state championship is on the line. Will AE be able to get pressure on the CAK QB? Will they be able to cover 3 or 4 very good receivers simultaneously? Will CAK be able to limit the offensive speed of AE? Can CAK manage special teams well enough to prevent big Roadrunner returns? Lots of things to debate. I'd like to meet some of the AE faithful Friday night and get them a good burger and nanner puddn. :flower:

I don't have a lot to say. CAK is a formidable opponent. CAK has build an excellent football program in the last decade. Most people don't give Austin-East a chance, but IMO Austin-East can play with anybody in the state. The operative word being "can" ... I hope they come to play on Friday.

I've been waiting on "ColumbiaBlueNScarlet" to post or any of the other Roadrunners for that matter. Our two schools have never met in football and I'm excited to get a chance to play AE. I know AE loves to hook horns with Fulton and Alcoa, but this is going to be an interesting game. All that speed, size and athleticism for the Roadrunners on one side, and one of the most prolific passing offenses in TN high school football on the other. A short trip to Cookeville for a chance at a state championship is on the line. Will AE be able to get pressure on the CAK QB? Will they be able to cover 3 or 4 very good receivers simultaneously? Will CAK be able to limit the offensive speed of AE? Can CAK manage special teams well enough to prevent big Roadrunner returns? Lots of things to debate. I'd like to meet some of the AE faithful Friday night and get them a good burger and nanner puddn. :flower:

CAK 35

AE 21

I don't have a lot to say. CAK is a formidable opponent. CAK has build an excellent football program in the last decade. Most people don't give Austin-East a chance, but IMO Austin-East can play with anybody in the state. The operative word being "can" ... I hope they come to play on Friday.

Good to hear from you, finally. Maybe if I recruit Turtle to get on here and talk some smack on behalf of my Warriors then we can get this thread past a couple of pages :lol: No, I understand your position. I feel much the same way. These teams have never met, no animosity between them as far as I know, and both are very good football teams. I'm not sure why people wouldn't give AE a chance with the athletes they will put on the field Friday night. They are big, strong, fast and appear to be a much more disciplined team from some of those I have seen in the past. I watched AE on tv in the mud at GP and was impressed with several of their players. #10 is a huge, scary LB and moves very well and #32 & #22 are quick and dangerous. The coach seems to have command of the team.

Do you think AE will stay in the Cover 3 or go with more man coverage? Their CB's looked athletic. CAK's receivers, collectively as a group, are as good as you will find in TN regardless of classification. Great route runners, good hands, good overall speed, good verticals, aggressive with the ball after the catch, and also good downfield blockers.

Good to hear from you, finally. Maybe if I recruit Turtle to get on here and talk some smack on behalf of my Warriors then we can get this thread past a couple of pages :lol: No, I understand your position. I feel much the same way. These teams have never met, no animosity between them as far as I know, and both are very good football teams. I'm not sure why people wouldn't give AE a chance with the athletes they will put on the field Friday night. They are big, strong, fast and appear to be a much more disciplined team from some of those I have seen in the past. I watched AE on tv in the mud at GP and was impressed with several of their players. #10 is a huge, scary LB and moves very well and #32 & #22 are quick and dangerous. The coach seems to have command of the team.

Do you think AE will stay in the Cover 3 or go with more man coverage? Their CB's looked athletic. CAK's receivers, collectively as a group, are as good as you will find in TN regardless of classification. Great route runners, good hands, good overall speed, good verticals, aggressive with the ball after the catch, and also good downfield blockers.

Sounds like Austin-East will have a tall order of trying to stop those WRs.

I think Austin-East will mix their coverages up... or at least I hope they do. It's a lot easier for an offensive coordinator to scheme, call plays, and get completions when he knows what the defense is doing. It's easier for a QB to get in a rhythm also if he knows what the defense is doing.

CAK's offense is always talked about. What does CAK do defensively?

• Upvote 1

I noticed CAK lost to Grace in the regular season but I don't see Grace in the playoffs. Am I missing something?

Grace is in a different classification (2A), but not eligible for playoffs this year. This is the final year of a probation they received from TSSAA for playing a young man who had received financial assistance from the school. It's a complicated and very unfortunate story, but that's the short answer for why they're not in the playoffs.

Glad to hear from you Columbia. I don't know why anyone would count out A-E. After all, they were the first team to beat Alcoa in 3A. I believe A-E can beat anyone in 3A on a given Friday night. FBD said it best, when you have that kind of speed, size, and athleticism, it is very dangerous for the opposing team. Being the "favored" team means nothing. Who knows, Alcoa might have beaten the Roadrunners if they had played again, or maybe not... In the playoffs, all that matters is who is the best team that night.

Sounds like Austin-East will have a tall order of trying to stop those WRs.

I think Austin-East will mix their coverages up... or at least I hope they do. It's a lot easier for an offensive coordinator to scheme, call plays, and get completions when he knows what the defense is doing. It's easier for a QB to get in a rhythm also if he knows what the defense is doing.

CAK's offense is always talked about. What does CAK do defensively?

Thanks for asking that Columbia, the D does live in the shadows at CAK for sure. Well, they didn't do much at all the first half of the season, ha. But now they are playing good football. They are pretty much a base 4-4 cover 3 style of team. They will mix in some man coverages and some blitz and stunt packages when the occasion calls for it. There is some size on the D line with a mix of a speed guy or two. Inside backers are tough, very active and have good range, but neither of them are close in size to your #10. Secondary has been good at times and bad at times as well. Lots of rotation back there depending on the circumstances of the game and the passing threats they may be facing. Overall I would say CAK has a nice defense that has improved immensely since the loss to Grace and has been instrumental in recent victories, especially over Alcoa and Polk. They have decent speed, a couple of guys who can lay the lumber, and overall are tough young men. I hope that is a fair evaluation for those that have watched CAK play.

Edited by FootballDad

As usual, you people aren't giving AE a chance so with that said, I'm just going sit back and watch the thread.. THe last time you CoachT poster said AE would get blew out, they beat the team that was supposed to blow them out.. CAK just better be ready to get hit and hit hard.. AE will bring the noise/pain...

As usual, you people aren't giving AE a chance so with that said, I'm just going sit back and watch the thread.. THe last time you CoachT poster said AE would get blew out, they beat the team that was supposed to blow them out.. CAK just better be ready to get hit and hit hard.. AE will bring the noise/pain...

I am pretty sure if you read the posts CAK followers are giving you guys credit. As you read make sure to notice that it is fans from other schools that "aren't giving AE a chance". I can promise CAK is expecting a war with a lot of hard hitting.

Will the band travel to playoff games for AE?

Edited by Abijah

Come on now turtle, be more specific other than "you people". CAK doesn't talk any smack, you know predictions of AE getting beat are from non-CAK fans. They are just stating their opinions just like you are. CAK fans are quite subdued and don't even know how to throw out any smack or disrespect, ha. As far as being ready to get hit hard, the Warriors are accustom to getting hit hard. But they usually get right back up, dust themselves off, and keep on keeping on. I think CAK has earned plenty of respect from several hard hitting teams. CAK is not just a finesse team, they will stand in there toe to toe if that is what is required. I think the Warriors can take AE's hard hits and still find the end zone. The scoreboard doesn't reflect any points for hard hits. But if it did CAK would score plenty as well. I think this is going to be a very good game between 2 very good teams. Either one is capable of winning.

Lots of schools say this to CAK when they have not played them before. Is that because they think the private school kids cant hang with the "big tough" public school kids? I sure hope not, because that's a very poor assumption. CAK has proven again and again (Alcoa the past few times, Polk last year, Loudon, AC, etc.) that they can play with the big tough guys and beat them. These kids arent afraid or weak. I dont mean to rant, but people get me fired up when they seem to assume that CAK will just roll over once they get hit a few times or that they've never been hit or experienced "noise/pain". I can assure you that Alcoa last year brought more "noise/pain" than you would know what to do with and CAK hung with em 14-3. This'll be a great game I think. Both teams are having special years and are new to this level of the playoffs. I predict a high scoring game. FB Dad....ask your linebacker about some special guest appearances at practice this week. As always...GO WARRIORS :popcorneater: