Rankin going to Catholic?

falconvol

Is Rankin a good offensive coordinator? Yes

Has Rankin's offensive play calling come under question by Alcoa fans? Yes

Are those Alcoa fans who doubt Rankin "idiots"? Yes

Kinda funny, those of us that were saying he couldnt run his smash mouth offense and win this year are patting ourselves on the back as CAK take home our State Championship this year.....WITH a West Coast Offense (which in a previous post is something I said I wanted to see).....So.....

Coach Nix is a great coach first and foremost! He should get the job when Rankin leaves. Yes he is the DC and this is the first time in his career that he has been put out before the Semifinals. CAK is a very good football team and would own your beloved CC Cubs!!! You live in Cheatham Co....so what do you really know about this Alcoa football team or Coach Nix???

+1 :thumb:

I worked with a young man who played at Alcoa under John Reid and Gary Rankin. He said the biggest difference between those 2 men was this. John Reid was a harda$$ on his players expect for the star players. Reid babied the star players. Gary Rankin is a harda$$ who babied no one.

I bet I know which "group" this ex-player was in...............yawn. :bored: Bench rider!

While many of you complain about offensive play calling why don't you look at the scoreboard and ask yourself "should 37 points be enough for us to win a game?" because that's what Alcoa scored in defeat in that playoff game a few weeks ago.

BCsportsfan, wasn't it you who made the post about "play calling in CAK territory" being what cost Alcoa the game?

1 question............Did you watch the CAK/Alcoa play-off game?

My, my, how opinions change in a matter of weeks! Interesting....very interesting!

His opinion hasn't changed, Mike...They were just never aired in a public forum, nor should they have been during the season. We all have our opinions and you know mine very personally. But I would never go there here.

2010 is in the rear view and we need to go recruit!!

That means you and me!!! :roflol:

I listened to every snap of it from home. I know that Alcoa was up 21-10 at halftime. I know that Alcoa milked the clock in the 4th quarter all the way down inside the final 2 minutes before they were eventually stopped (this is when they had a 28-24 lead). I know that CAK's offense took over and went down the field with ease and took a 31-28 lead before Alcoa drove down and kicked the game tying field goal that sent it to OT. I know that Vanderbilt Hambrick scored on the first play of overtime to give Alcoa 37. The PAT getting blocked was the difference. I know CAK scored on their first play in overtime as well on a Rathbone run. They made the PAT.

Alcoa's defense wasn't up to the challenge against CAK. The offense (coached by Rankin) put up plenty of points). If you deny that fact then you are crazy!

His opinion hasn't changed, Mike...They were just never aired in a public forum, nor should they have been during the season. We all have our opinions and you know mine very personally. But I would never go there here.

2010 is in the rear view and we need to go recruit!!

That means you and me!!! :roflol:

How many srs are you losing?

I FEEL THAT EVERYBODY NEEDS TO GET OFF OF RANKINS BACK. HOW MANY CHAMPIONSHIPS HAS HE WON FOR YOU GUYS? IT WAS ONE BAD SEASON SO WHAT , ITS GONNA HAPPEN EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE. I GUARANTEE YOU THAT YOULL SEE A MUCH BETTER ALCOA TEAM NEXT YR THATS HUNGRY TO PROVE PEOPLE WRONG

I FEEL THAT EVERYBODY NEEDS TO GET OFF OF RANKINS BACK. HOW MANY CHAMPIONSHIPS HAS HE WON FOR YOU GUYS? IT WAS ONE BAD SEASON SO WHAT , ITS GONNA HAPPEN EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE. I GUARANTEE YOU THAT YOULL SEE A MUCH BETTER ALCOA TEAM NEXT YR THATS HUNGRY TO PROVE PEOPLE WRONG

Fans question a guy who has won 331 high school football games and 9 state championships in 30 years are just not worth listening to and aren't what I'd call "true" fans.

Alcoa loses:

Vanderbilt Hambrick

Zach Chapman

D.J. Oggs

Cody Lewis

LaJaun Warfield

Colby Tate

John Tucker Rankin

Steven Manuel

They also lose some "others" but this is it as far as guys who were major contributors to this year's team.

What do they return?

Peyton Wall

Landon Turbyfill

Ezekial Koko

Jarrod Crenshaw

Kenny Dean

Jordan Ferguson

Mustafa Anthony

Dalton Owenby

Thomas Loy

Braylen Young

Shane Franklin

Corey Long

Caleb Burchfield

Brandon Strissel

They also return Love, Wilson, and Tyson and I'm sure they'll find places for all of those guys to play a major role next year as well.

CAK won the championship and I would rank them at the top in my preseason poll next year but I wouldn't put them alone at #1. I'd put CAK as my 1a. and Alcoa as my 1b.

Alcoa is going to use this as a motivating reason to be back on top in 2012 I promise any of you this. Next year's Alcoa team will be very similar to the teams from 2009 & 2010 with the players that they return and the experience that all of them gained this year (some of which was earned due to major injuries that hit Alcoa at bad times through the course of this season).

Yes BC, I know more than you'd think about your team. I have friends in East-TN and am no stranger to your outstanding football teams or the great coaches you all have in the area. You all should try supporting them when the going gets tough :thumb:

Fans question a guy who has won 331 high school football games and 9 state championships in 30 years are just not worth listening to and aren't what I'd call "true" fans.

Alcoa loses:

Vanderbilt Hambrick

Zach Chapman

D.J. Oggs

Cody Lewis

LaJaun Warfield

Colby Tate

John Tucker Rankin

Steven Manuel

They also lose some "others" but this is it as far as guys who were major contributors to this year's team.

What do they return?

Peyton Wall

Landon Turbyfill

Ezekial Koko

Jarrod Crenshaw

Kenny Dean

Jordan Ferguson

Mustafa Anthony

Dalton Owenby

Thomas Loy

Braylen Young

Shane Franklin

Corey Long

Caleb Burchfield

Brandon Strissel

They also return Love, Wilson, and Tyson and I'm sure they'll find places for all of those guys to play a major role next year as well.

CAK won the championship and I would rank them at the top in my preseason poll next year but I wouldn't put them alone at #1. I'd put CAK as my 1a. and Alcoa as my 1b.

Alcoa is going to use this as a motivating reason to be back on top in 2012 I promise any of you this. Next year's Alcoa team will be very similar to the teams from 2009 & 2010 with the players that they return and the experience that all of them gained this year (some of which was earned due to major injuries that hit Alcoa at bad times through the course of this season).

Yes BC, I know more than you'd think about your team. I have friends in East-TN and am no stranger to your outstanding football teams or the great coaches you all have in the area. You all should try supporting them when the going gets tough :thumb:

You still have no clue, Watch the game then, comment. You are STILL an outsider looking in............ :bored:

I will always support the players and have their back, and they know it!