Oak Ridge Football 2012

SweetScience

BTW, i wish Blade would start scheduling an opponent for OR in week 0. Here we are again in 2012 and we are off in week 0, while Farragut gets good quality work in against a very good opponent in DB. I have never been one to claim i know much of anything, but i think that one game gives Farragut a distinct advantage over Oak Ridge in week 1. Just me! I wish he would stop doing this. As they say. A team improves the most from game 1 to game 2! C'mon Coach!

Edited by SweetScience

BTW, i wish Blade would start scheduling an opponent for OR in week 0. Here we are again in 2012 and we are off in week 0, while Farragut gets good quality work in against a very good opponent in DB. I have never been one to claim i know much of anything, but i think that one game gives Farragut a distinct advantage over Oak Ridge in week 1. Just me! I wish he would stop doing this. As they say. A team improves the most from game 1 to game 2! C'mon Coach!

That's an excellent point. The way the playoffs are set up a small difference like that can be what puts a team on the road for the biggest games of the year.

I think the concept of having 11 weeks to play ten games is pretty good. In Rutherford county the schools use that to take the week off during Fall break. I believe there are some schols that take a week off prior to starting the playoffs. However, it is a disadvantage to not play that first week if your firt opponent played.

What about a tough scrimmage the Wed. or Thurs. of week 0. This way the coaches/players can personally go see Farragut in week 0. Farragut has been a thorn in OR side, but this should change this year imo.

What about a tough scrimmage the Wed. or Thurs. of week 0. This way the coaches/players can personally go see Farragut in week 0. Farragut has been a thorn in OR side, but this should change this year imo.

Well, the past 2 games have been very close, and who knows? Maybe that extra week of play and honing of mistakes after week 0 gives Farragut a pretty good advantage over us? I think their is no doubt that it does. I think a scrimmage in week 0 is too risky (getting somebody hurt etc). It doesn't matter if they go watch Farragut. I am sure they have been doing that, but watching them, then playing them after they have already made their mistakes in week 0 and can correct them in week 1, what difference does it make? Schedule somebody in week 0! I don't care if it's a powder puff!