Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

The moron is back. He has, accordingly, tested and found your intellectual acumen wanting. Initially, I should point out that reading comprehension is your friend: I've already disclosed I'm not a Powell fan. Alas, my team sits nigh unto the bottom of its district heap year after year. Next, your faux philosophical elitism only demeans you. The stuff about spies and all that was posted by an Anderson County High School football fan (again, reading comprehension must be dulled by all those "facts" swimming around in your less than stellar mind) as you should have noted by all the Powell fans (TSpoon and HTV to name only two) who vigorously disputed Jeopardyperil's claims.

You have picked a fight you cannot win, both metaphorically on this message board and on the field Friday night when it counts! HC will get a most unpleasant reality check then when it faces the best RB in the State of Tennessee. Remember, you heard it here first!

Moronicus talking football.

Moronicus talking football.

I almost fell out of my chair when he so eloquently stated that "PAL will own you," I mean c'mon, really? That's talking football? :roflolk: And he most assuredly will find out on Friday that statement to be faux!

Take note idionicus, talking football would go something like this:

Mobley appears to play on both sides of the ball. This will be a disadvantage as he is one of their better tacklers, hence making him a prime target to get flattened by one very large OT, a very determined FB, and get run over by one Bull of a TB! And on top of all that, he is expected to try and "get his 200+ yds" on offense. Can't wait til Friday! Its Panther hunting season!!!

Go Big RED!!!

While you are awaiting your education from FactsOnly (who is indeed a mental Giant)...I will educate the rest of the Patriot faithful on the "need to know items" of the week!

1. State Championship Tickets will go on sale TUESDAY at the following locations;

* Henry County High School

* Harrelson School

* Lakewood School

* Henry School

* Grove School

* Commercial Bank and Trust (Court Square Location)

2.Tickets are $12 and are good for the entire day (the stadium will clear after every game but your ticket will allow you reentrance).

It is IMPERATIVE that you purchase tickets locally prior to making the trek to Cookeville! The participating school selling the most tickets receives a larger majority of the proceeds.

3. We have one fan bus that is nearly full. We will have as many as needed for fans to ride up unto Wednesday afternoon. If you are going to go to Cookeville via a charter bus, PLEASE get signed up quickly. The school system will announce tomorrow its plans for Friday's schedule. Please know that the chartered fan buses will depart Patriot Stadium's parking lot (on Harding Road) precisely at 12 Noon on Friday! The cost to ride is $35 and covers only the transportation. There will be a food stop in the Mt. Juliet area at around 3pm.

Again, more information will be forthcoming following tomorrow's State Championship Press Conference in Murfreesboro. Until then..GO BIG RED!!

The rumor from Grove Tower is that Friday will be a full day off from school. Fair warning, this is only rumored to be true.

Also, if the weather forecast stays the same, school could be out Tuesday.

Does anyone know if they will be selling tickets at the gate friday? We will be comming from Dickson with a car load to see the game. We need to know thanks.

Yes , you can always buy at the gate , it's just more of the proceeds from each ticket goes to your home school when bought there .

Does anyone know if they will be selling tickets at the gate friday? We will be comming from Dickson with a car load to see the game. We need to know thanks.

Tickets are available at the ticket booths on the East and West sides of Tucker stadium. The West side is more convenient since it's on the same side as the parking lot that is shared with the Hooper-Eblen Center and the Student Athletic Center.

Tucker stadium holds roughly 8,500 per side. It'd be awesome to see one side completely in red. I also can't wait to see how fast our guys will fly on the 24/7 turf.

I am by no means an unbiased observer. I am a true blue Panther fan. I have been looking at some things on YouTube, and these teams look very similar. I think this is going to be an epic football game. I see it coming down to the wire. I do want to address the Mobley factor here. I don't know the caliber of the other backs that HC has faced. I also think that Mobley is vastly underrated by recruiters. He is representing the East in the Toyota East West All Star Game. I believe that will help to bump his recruiting stock a bit. I have a hard time believing he will end up as a Wildcat, but time will tell. I just think he has a very, VERY rare combination of size and speed. He is as fast as any back that Powell has ever had (faster than Milligan, Watts, and Houston and at least as fast as Tudor is seems like), but Powell has had some fast backs over the years. They have never had one with this type of power to go with it. Mobley absolutely punishes teams when he runs (much like 34 for HC who also looks to be a monster in the backfield). On top of that, Mobley's vision is top notch. He sees cuts seemingly before they happen. I know I'm a homer, but it's an outrage that he wasn't even in the top three for Mr. Football if you ask me. Say what you will about the level of Powell's competition, but he certainly can't help that, and all he did was have one of the most prolific seasons in the history of Tennessee high school football. Lots of other backs in the region and they weren't doing that to these defenses. Not to mention, I firmly believe that AE, OR, Ootlewah, LC, and West are all very, VERY solid football teams.

Sorry for the novel...I just don't like to see that kid mentioned as if he's not elite because he's the best player to ever play at Powell High School IMO. I absolutely CANNOT WAIT for this game Friday night.