Wayne Co. vs South Pitt

wchs78

Saw Wayne Co. vs Huntingdon in the quarters and watched South Pitt and G'ville tonight. As much as I like Coach Rice at Wayne Co. my money right now would be on the Pirates after seeing both in person. South Pittsburg huge offensive line and speed will be the difference. I'd say alot like the G'ville game close early but the Pirates pull away late.

Edited by wardawg2038

Is Friday here yet???

I am with ya man. I know SP is a beast but haven't seen them on the field. After our short season was over I have been to all WC's games and am more and more impressed with Coach Rice's team each week. More specifically their Defense. In any sport IMO and what I preach to my teams is that Defense wins championships. And I see WC's defense learning each week from the scouting its provided and then executing on Friday nights. I wont predict a winner but will say I dont see anyone putting up those blowout numbers on this defense. Its tough. WC needs to keep those loose balls and special team oops to a minimum and work hard on offense and I believe they can compete with anyone. Just my opinion from a football fan that has the greatest respect and admiration for what Coach Rice and his staff has done with that WC program.

Bring it on. I think stop Rice and Sp is sitting pretty. We have to play hard and tough. Our boys want this one bad!! We want back to back titles. This could very well easily have been SP going for its 5th straight title. What a string of football they have put together. Now we have to finish. Want it, get it done!

Huntingdon was not one dimensional and neither is WC, WC has 4 or 5 backs that split the plays and everyone of them has the skills to score on every play, so dont think that slowing down Rice will stop WC.

We'll see :thumb: If Rice don't go they don't go. Gonna be a good game. I think WC is very good. You do not get to be undefeated for no reason at this point. SP has played way way tougher competition but that does not matter a hill of beans. If our boys go out and play like they can they should hoist another trophy. And I hear we get to wear our black jerseys finally!! Time to shine boys. Defense has to once again step up and play tough :o

We'll see :thumb: If Rice don't go they don't go. Gonna be a good game. I think WC is very good. You do not get to be undefeated for no reason at this point. SP has played way way tougher competition but that does not matter a hill of beans. If our boys go out and play like they can they should hoist another trophy. And I hear we get to wear our black jerseys finally!! Time to shine boys. Defense has to once again step up and play tough :o

I heard WC was wearing the black jerseys, and WC has played some pretty stiff competition along the way themselves.

There is NO WAY that South Pitt has played tougher competition than Wayne County. Have you not heard powerp, Wayne County beat the team that beat MILAN..... :roflol:

I heard WC was wearing the black jerseys, and WC has played some pretty stiff competition along the way themselves.

That shouldn't be right. South Pittsburg was the visiting team last year and wore white. South Pittsburg should be the home team this season. Wayne County should be in white and South Pitt in black. No predictions from me on this game. It is the state championship. Both teams are obviously good and have been through alot of wars this season to get here.

That shouldn't be right. South Pittsburg was the visiting team last year and wore white. South Pittsburg should be the home team this season. Wayne County should be in white and South Pitt in black. No predictions from me on this game. It is the state championship. Both teams are obviously good and have been through alot of wars this season to get here.

I may be wrong on the home team, but I heard it went to the team with the best record, and I wont be making a prediction on this game either. I know that 2 good teams are going to show up and give it all they got.

I may be wrong on the home team, but I heard it went to the team with the best record, and I wont be making a prediction on this game either. I know that 2 good teams are going to show up and give it all they got.

Nope, it has nothing to do with overall records. It alternates each year between the east and west respresentative.