Milan VS CAK

Slim88

A tidbit of info that I hadn't read anywhere but was told to me by my son: CAK will be the home team - wearing our home Royal Blue jersey's and Vegas Gold pants. Just adding to the thread, :D

My favorite color combination!

Hey, on a slightly different subject, I noticed in the TSSAA information sheet/rosters for this game, in the "when Milan has the ball" section, it listed #3 as the starting TB. But in the video I watched of the Milan/CPA game, I got the impression that #29 is the starter and #3 rotates in.

Both look like good runners. Perhaps some of the Milan fans can clarify who gets the most carries? Thanks.

My favorite color combination!

Hey, on a slightly different subject, I noticed in the TSSAA information sheet/rosters for this game, in the "when Milan has the ball" section, it listed #3 as the starting TB. But in the video I watched of the Milan/CPA game, I got the impression that #29 is the starter and #3 rotates in.

Both look like good runners. Perhaps some of the Milan fans can clarify who gets the most carries? Thanks.

I noticed the same thing. #29 is the big bruiser with speed and #3 looks to be more of a scat back style of runner with great speed. Looks like they will use #3 as a receiver as well. I believe #29 plays MLB also..

I noticed the same thing. #29 is the big bruiser with speed and #3 looks to be more of a scat back style of runner with great speed. Looks like they will use #3 as a receiver as well. I believe #29 plays MLB also..

#29 Coleman is a beast. He will be best player in the field in all the games.

#29 Coleman is a beast. He will be best player in the field in all the games.

So you get upset when someone mentions that CAK will win yet you boast that one of your players is the best ON the field no matter which teams plays in cookeville? wow... :unsure: (by the way it would be hard to be "in" the field)

Edited by Abijah

#3 was the starting RB against CPA, then lost the fumble on the drive that resulted in the CPA long return for TD. IMO, Milan coaches soon realized you have better success trying to pound CPA (#29) than to try to outrun them (#3). Coleman (#29) was more effective against CPA because of CPA's speed on defense, but both are good backs. Coleman is a great player on defense as well and got a bit tired in the 2nd half, so he did not run as much as the armchair QB's thought he should. A great runner who is tired is an average runner, so there is no use running him, as proven when he was stopped for no gain a couple of times in the 2nd half.

We like to refer to the two collectively as Thunder (# 29) and Lightening (# 3)! It might be difficult to defend the pass....but y'all are gonna have a time stopping Thunder and Lightening!

Go Dawgs!

have said for several years that Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon could have all won the state if we didnt. However, Loudon could have not this year! Those 3 teams were at the top of 3A last several.

Good luck to Milan and CAK. I hope it is a great game to watch, just dont believe it will be.

Louden, now that's funny. I remember going to State back to back years, playing against Alcoa. I sat with guys from Louden, both times. They even said those Milan teams would have been too much for them. Respected Alcoa posters even stated Milan was their toughest competition. I love how no one could knock off Alcoa from the East, so automatically everyone else is weak. I would have enjoyed to watch those Milan teams play against Louden and CAK of 08 and 09. :popcorneater:

Your score is over the top. This years Milan team isn't as talented as past years and VERY young. Honestly, I don't see how they made it to State, with seeing how they played early in the year. All I know is, that South Gibson, Westview, Fairview, and CPA couldn't knock em off. They are playing with confidence and had players step up. I know CAK will throw on Milan, who have they not thrown on? But I see Milan pounding it down their throat for long, time consuming drives. Sprinkle in an interception and thats the difference, IMO.

CAK 24

Milan 31

We like to refer to the two collectively as Thunder (# 29) and Lightening (# 3)! It might be difficult to defend the pass....but y'all are gonna have a time stopping Thunder and Lightening!

Go Dawgs!

I like the moniker, but my Warriors have been through a lot of bad weather before (F5's) so it should be interesting on Friday. Hope we can weather the storm. ^_^

Louden, now that's funny. I remember going to State back to back years, playing against Alcoa. I sat with guys from Louden, both times. They even said those Milan teams would have been too much for them. Respected Alcoa posters even stated Milan was their toughest competition. I love how no one could knock off Alcoa from the East, so automatically everyone else is weak. I would have enjoyed to watch those Milan teams play against Louden and CAK of 08 and 09. :popcorneater:

Your score is over the top. This years Milan team isn't as talented as past years and VERY young. Honestly, I don't see how they made it to State, with seeing how they played early in the year. All I know is, that South Gibson, Westview, Fairview, and CPA couldn't knock em off. They are playing with confidence and had players step up. I know CAK will throw on Milan, who have they not thrown on? But I see Milan pounding it down their throat for long, time consuming drives. Sprinkle in an interception and thats the difference, IMO.

CAK 24

Milan 31

I think both the 08 and 09 CAK/Milan games would have been great. CAK and Milan both lost by the same score in the 08 playoffs 28-14. The only team to beat CAK in 09 was Alcoa (the only team to ever beat CAK in the 3a playoffs has been Alcoa) by 17 (reg season) and 21 (playoffs) the same margin of victory over Milan in the Championship game. In both games CAK did score while Milan was shut out. Sounds like the a CAK/Milan match up either year would have been great games.

So you get upset when someone mentions that CAK will win yet you boast that one of your players is the best ON the field no matter which teams plays in cookeville? wow... :unsure: (by the way it would be hard to be "in" the field)

I'm not boasting just telling you a true fact Coleman is a legit power. I think he is better than Williamson was and everyone across the state that watched him could tell he was the best player on the field. He broke the record for tackles in a game. They will remind some of one of my old friends that is a linebacker for the 49ers Patrick Willis. Undersized but all over the field and doesn't miss a tackle. You will get to be treated to watch this young man play at the high school level.