Milan VS CAK

Slim88

Louden, now that's funny. I remember going to State back to back years, playing against Alcoa. I sat with guys from Louden, both times. They even said those Milan teams would have been too much for them. Respected Alcoa posters even stated Milan was their toughest competition. I love how no one could knock off Alcoa from the East, so automatically everyone else is weak. I would have enjoyed to watch those Milan teams play against Louden and CAK of 08 and 09. :popcorneater:

Your score is over the top. This years Milan team isn't as talented as past years and VERY young. Honestly, I don't see how they made it to State, with seeing how they played early in the year. All I know is, that South Gibson, Westview, Fairview, and CPA couldn't knock em off. They are playing with confidence and had players step up. I know CAK will throw on Milan, who have they not thrown on? But I see Milan pounding it down their throat for long, time consuming drives. Sprinkle in an interception and thats the difference, IMO.

CAK 24

Milan 31

Surely you know that Deion24 is an Alcoa supporter, maybe he isn't considered one of the " respected Alcoa poster(s)" you mentioned, but CAK is not his school. Your own posters have stated that Alcoa has been calling the CAK vs. Alcoa game the Gold Ball game for the past few years. So, no big deal, fans from the same school happen to have a different opinion. As far as Loudon goes, they have been down the past 2 years, but prior to that they were very tough. Not sure if they or CAK could have beat Milan in 08 or 09 but one thing is for sure, none of us were able to beat Alcoa. It's all hypothetical anyway. As long as the TSSAA decides that the playoffs will be based off of a geographic system then we will always have these sorts of discussions where some schools believe their team was worthy of the championship game but due to stronger competition in one quad or the other wasn't able to get there. And how you could extrapolate "everyone else is weak" from someone's opinion that whomever Alcoa beat in the East the past few years would have been able to win State is certainly a twisting of words, don't you think? No one is saying West TN football is weak, just that they believe that there were a few more stronger teams in the East that didn't get a chance to prove they were better due to Alcoa being so dominant. Anyway, I agree with you that Deion24's score is over the top, but you know he is loving it when his team isn't even in the game and he can gig you anyway :D

I have a question...

After the game is over, Will Milan fans cry again about losing to a private?

Or will CAK fans complain about losing to another open zone school? :ph34r:

BTW, That gold ball is a rental.

We will be back. :thumb:

Alcoa will be back won't ever be the same power but will compete every year. Good luck to Alcoa next year bridge.

I have a question...

Now Bridge how many times have we "complained" about losing to the F5 and blamed it on the Open Zone policy of Blount County? We've had some strong discussions about our differences in the "fairness" of the multiplier being applied to private D1's and not to OZ schools, but to my knowledge we have never used that as an excuse about losing to Alcoa and we have taken our beatings like a man, or at least I feel like we have.

I have a question...

Hello APB - Where have you been? I have assumed I would see some of your lovely art coming soon to a message baord near you.

Good to know, you got to beat the best to be the best :thumb: I would bet that some of the HC fans that are coming to support Milan may disagree with your "in all the games" comment. But anyway I appreciate your enthusiasm.

I agree with you football dad. I don't know that he will be the best, but he is very good. I saw Andrew Jelks from Henry Co. play Milan in the preseason jamboree and that kid was amazing. Milan could do nothing with him.

Having said that, I have seen Arkel Coleman play every game for the last two years and the kid has gotten better every game. Husker was right, he reminds me alot of Avery Williamson. Plays LB on defense and is all over the field with great pursuit. On offense, he can not be brought down by one tackler. He runs people over. If it is 3rd or 4th down and Milan only needs a yard or two, he is the go to guy. Hasn't been stopped in these situations but rarely.

I think some other names for Milan will come into play this weekend. #90, Marshay Nunn-defensive lineman, is a bull off the ball. He has caused havoc in oppossing backfields all season. Him getting pressure on your quarterback will be a key. Also, thunder and lightening, 29 and 3, are a deadly combo, but don't be surprised to see #22 Trey Belew get a few carries. He is only a sophomore and is a great talent. He returns kicks as well. Looking forward to a great game. I can't wait till Friday. I am going to be up to watch the game before Milan/Cak. Would love to talk some football with footballdad or warrior.

My iPhone gets ahead of itself. Like I was saying Milan is solid up front and can get Pressur on Qb they play alot of cover 2 so it is going to be very interesting to see if Qb can pick them apart.

They should be able to get to qb several times. The WR's are really slow so you will see a lot of short passes in the flat, nothing long.