Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

Maplewood will make this game interesting for the 1st quarter (maybe) and then G'ville will start putting the pedal to the metal and MW will have no answer for what they are up against. I have seen G'ville play several times this year and from what I can tell from the little bit of tape available on MW they stand no chance of winning unless G'ville allows it with mental mistakes and turnovers. G'ville is just in a different league than MW right now and it will show come this chamionship game, MW will not be able to compete at their level for 4 quarters! The 5A gold ball will be sitting right next to the one from last year despite what Boski's under comments say because he's either to cheap or still living a fantasy that MW was supposed to be the 2010 champs and are not and will not be in 2011 either. MW's so called speed will be devoured by this defense that they are about to face. Simply put IMO....NO CONTEST!!

G'ville- 42

MW - 14

It will be one of the most exciting championships ever if you try and leave the stadium with the 5A trophy. being that it's the 4a game. Hard to take you serious when you lack familiarity with your teams classification. :ph34r:

They hate Greeneville because of pure jealousy! Can't beat Greeneville, can't be like Greeneville! They never whine and makes excuses about other sports, that's typical. Poor pitiful ol' county schools!

Boski,

I respect what you do! I was always a smack talker when playing, kind of hard not be if you're competitive! Never got too tore up over what was said back to me. Keep it coming! Panthers going down son!

What would you have county fans do then hearsay? Take their beating say good game and move on to the next game because that is what most of the county fans and players do. However, if you do that apparently your a spineless "sissy" who doesn't support your team. I will say this, in a 50 point blowout win, officiating is probably not the issue, however, if a team stays even relatively close with your Devils all you see on here is "crappy officiating" or some variation. It's never that another team actually played well against your beloved Devils.

County fans never "whine and make excuses about other sports" because the county schools have a very realistic chance at beating Greeneville in those sports, unlike football.

I was not aware that one man made up both WG and CD. Interestng news there. I guess they, along with SG, should just forfeit next year then becasue it would probably be difficult to play the Almighty Devils, or Camp Creek for that matter with nobody on their team...and if it is just such a bore to be playing in the BRAC why don't your Devils move on up to 3A?

Now Spread, they did play up for YEARS. They are now playing where they are supposed to. Oh, and they never asked to be in BRAC (even though they decided to play where they are supposed to). They wanted in SN and Elizabethons conference, but those mean men at TSSAA would not let them. Bad TSSAA for not giving them what they wanted, BAD!

Your facts are wrong and I sure ain't your friend! I know things that happened and Greeneville fans would be shocked! Trust me it was very wrong!

i reserved the right to have an opinion on JC's classlessness based my personal encounter with him that night, NOT on something I heard or was lead to beleive. therefor, indeed my "FACTS" are not wrong.

It will be one of the most exciting championships ever if you try and leave the stadium with the 5A trophy. being that it's the 4a game. Hard to take you serious when you lack familiarity with your teams classification. :ph34r:

He isn't a GHS fan WOMG. He is a Volunteer Falcon fan a team that use to be in GHS's conference when we played up all those year

Edited by Swipes

I was not aware that one man made up both WG and CD. Interestng news there. I guess they, along with SG, should just forfeit next year then becasue it would probably be difficult to play the Almighty Devils, or Camp Creek for that matter with nobody on their team...and if it is just such a bore to be playing in the BRAC why don't your Devils move on up to 3A?

Hard to move UP to 3A when your Already in 4A in football :rolleyes:

i reserved the right to have an opinion on JC's classlessness based my personal encounter with him that night, NOT on something I heard or was lead to beleive. therefor, indeed my "FACTS" are not wrong.

You probably have a reason for not responding to my post, but since you are still on the topic I will ask again. Was JC the only person who was classless that night or did CB also show some classlessness?

So, it was all JC's fault? CB didn't do anything wrong? Typical response from you.

i didn't say it was all JC's fault. in fact i beleive i used the word " adults " Meaning both sides. maybe i should have worded that part differently, but the point to that was as stated, that what the coaches( the adults ) say and do leading up to the game can sometimes cause the results of the game to go in a direction not originally intended....maybe that is a better way to say it...as far as " typical response from you" goes, yes it was typical....i typically dont say things that i dont have first hand knowledge of and in this p articular case, when i called JC classless, that was based on a personal encounter i had with him the night of the game. He may be a church deacon and held in the highest regards within his personal circle, I'm just speaking to my personal encounter.

Back to football. I made my pick back on page 8 (31-21 GHS in a tight game.) Props to both teams. Who graduated more people. I know Greeneville graduated a couple of O-Line guys, Carmichael, Spradlin, and Story. I think our secondary is a bit weaker which was shown last week. The D-Line is a year stronger and we have replaced the secondary with great speed. The offense has not appeared to miss much from the great players hence the line is doing it's job. MW has a great D, so therefore the closeness in my prediction.

But, who did MW graduate last year? If they graduated a bunch of people, how can the game be better than 17-7. Maybe I should lower my scores a bit and go with 24-14, but I still think Greenveille is just as good if not better and the fact that MW runs most of the time hurts them. Vanlier is a great back but small in stature. I just don't think unless we see Greeneville with 3 or more turnovers and very poor play that MW can blow this game open to a win. They are a huge underdog. I wish them the best, but I think GVille wins again.

Anyone know who they graduated?

Hard to move UP to 3A when your Already in 4A in football :rolleyes:

Now Swipes, let's go through thi one time slowly...maybe you should take notes. Greeneville plays in division 1 class 2a subclass 4a. If we were playing "up", we would be in class 3a subclass 5a. Technically, we stayed where we were and they moved everybody else up.