Announcers for the Blue Cross Bowl

1oldcoach

Ignorant is a strong word for someone you dont know Kev..lol...Gville was 2 of 4 passing...They couldnt run against HC...It is my opinion and i am not going to be a namecaller on my 2nd round posting....

The word "ignorant" referred to there being a lack of knowledge in your statement, I was not calling you ignorant personally. Also RedSwarm10, you are correct, I never said they would beat HC handily, I believe it would be a good ball game.....

2ndly, 20115AChamps, I dont believe HC would run up and down the field on GV either.....

now you are misquoting me...

Well I guess it depends on your definition of "handle". When I say "we will handle them", I usually mean we will impose our will and beat them pretty "handily". If you believe you would beat us, then that is fine. That is your opinion (although I would still disagree). If you believe you would "handle" us by the definition I stated (a term we obviously differentiate), then I disagree heavily.

The word "ignorant" referred to there being a lack of knowledge in your statement, I was not calling you ignorant personally. Also RedSwarm10, you are correct, I never said they would beat HC handily, I believe it would be a good ball game.....

2ndly, 20115AChamps, I dont believe HC would run up and down the field on GV either.....

I didn't say they would beat them handily either...I said they could handle them. Those are clearly 2 different things.

Edited by barb

Wow. I opened a can of worms. People give Powell RB Mobley no credit. Did he not lead the STATE in rushing this year? I mean 3068 yards I think? That's an average of over 200 yards a game. Name one player in the state of Tennessee that had that many rushing yards in a season...That's right, NO ONE has EVER done that cause its a state record. Mr. Football is a popularity contest. That's why he was never mentioned. Powell was the best 5A in the East. HC was the best in West. Both moved the ball consistantly in the BCB. Turnovers and good defense kept this from potentially being a 38-35 game. Barb, your homerism is ridiculous. Your team was great in 4A. Ya'll should be glad you didn't have to play Signal Mountain or ya'll could have potentionally not made it yourselves...but cheaters don't deserve to play intentional or not. Its funny how saying that the 5A game was comparable to 6A as a marquee matchup got people saying that the Patriots would get handled when they can match size and speed with anyone in state. I guess everyone else is right. I guess the 1A-4A Champions would all crush the Patriots too. Maybe they should move them down to 4A so they can be the Greeneville doormat. Maybe even up to be Whitehaven girl. Running the table in 5A means nothing cause 5A is weak. Maybe Henry County should give the Gold Ball back to TSSAA and if the do it again next year, then they get awarded one. And put "2012 5A Blue Cross Bowl Champions *but they didn't beat Greeneville or Maryville so it doesn't really count*

I believe we could run up and down the field more on them than they could on us. I agree it would be a good ball game, but I believe we would match their size and physicality, but I believe we are faster, and our speed would win over.

Unfortunately, this banter means nothing, because we'll never know for sure.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Wow, I thought the subject was suppose to be about the commentators for the BCB games. Instead it has turned into a "my dad can beat your dad" argument. Who cares! If your team came away with a state championship then congrats! The announcers for the 5A & 6A games SUCKED and should owe money instead of getting paid! If ANY team in the state of TN. would like to step up and put Henry County on their schedule, then please have them make the call! Win or lose, we will show up and give you what we have. Bring your mouthpiece and make sure you put them in. If your team doesnt want any, then just shut your mouth and be content that we havent rained on your parade.

I came home after the game and watched it on the TV. I turned down the sound after halftime and watched the rest of the game in silence. Kevin Dyson and his partner were terrible. Almost thought they were Whitehaven fans, they were very impressed with how WH controlled the game .......Maryville couldn't do anything and moved the ball only with trick plays (according to them ). Oh well, they also didn't seem to be knowledgeable of the tssaa highschool football rules

Oh well congrats to the Rebels

I believe we could run up and down the field more on them than they could on us. I agree it would be a good ball game, but I believe we would match their size and physicality, but I believe we are faster, and our speed would win over.

Unfortunately, this banter means nothing, because we'll never know for sure.

I think you are underestimating their speed, but like you said it doesnt matter.....

Kev not sure of your knoweldge either but that being said I would feel better about watching Gville-HC rather than HC and "DeHaven" or HC and Mville...lol We will settle with what we already got....GOLD......

Oh I agree, I have seen WH in person and on tv; that defense is 1st rate, you cant just be really good at running the ball but you have to be really good at passing. The reason Maryville had some success running is b/c they are a great passing team.....

Edited by Kevin38