Wayne County State Champs

mtngoatbilly

I don't disagree with the fact Wayne County is the best 1A team in the state.. Just kind of wondering where Huntingdon stood against South Pitt

Without a doubt SP was a much better offensive team in my opinion. They could run and pass and forced you to defend the whole field. Huntingdon was a running team period. Defensively, Huntingdon might get the nod but I'am not sure on that. JMO.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win Wayne County now I just have one question.. Who's the better team South Pitt or Huntingdon? I don't want to get anyone worked up over this. Just wondering what y'alls thoughts are

I was actually thinking about this and I'll play along....Offensively I think that South Pitt. is better but Deffesively with out a doubt Huntingdon. Y'all made the stops and some what slowed down the veer but South Pitt. had no answer for it! I think it would turn out just like the 2009 Union City win with Huntingdon pulling it out on a field goal.....JMO.

Great jobs Cats and to the Seniors of this year. Well, it has been one heck of a ride watching y'all win from the time you were 5 yrs old to now. You Seniors have done so much for Waynesboro TN and I for one will miss the heck out of watching this bunch play. I just hope my little nephew's team has won their first championship. So, maybe they'll be the next big thing.......Great Job 2011 Wildcats!!!!! As Always GO WILDCATS!!! :thumb:

I was actually thinking about this and I'll play along....Offensively I think that South Pitt. is better but Deffesively with out a doubt Huntingdon. Y'all made the stops and some what slowed down the veer but South Pitt. had no answer for it! I think it would turn out just like the 2009 Union City win with Huntingdon pulling it out on a field goal.....JMO.

Great jobs Cats and to the Seniors of this year. Well, it has been one heck of a ride watching y'all win from the time you were 5 yrs old to now. You Seniors have done so much for Waynesboro TN and I for one will miss the heck out of watching this bunch play. I just hope my little nephew's team has won their first championship. So, maybe they'll be the next big thing.......Great Job 2011 Wildcats!!!!! As Always GO WILDCATS!!! :thumb:

Remember we had two big plays called back for holding calls that would have made a big difference in the final score aganist huntingdon. We did not make those mistakes against SP. Only 3 penalties I think aganist SP.

Great win Wayne County now I just have one question.. Who's the better team South Pitt or Huntingdon? I don't want to get anyone worked up over this. Just wondering what y'alls thoughts are

My opinion doesnt count for much but this is what it is, I thought SP had the better offense and Huntingdon the better defense. Both were great teams and had great seasons and I have nothing but respect for both. I guess the one positive thing yall can both say is that yall were put out by the ones that won it all, although I think Huntingdon got put out a week early. Good luck to both teams next year but I got a feeling its going to all SP.

Remember we had two big plays called back for holding calls that would have made a big difference in the final score aganist huntingdon. We did not make those mistakes against SP. Only 3 penalties I think aganist SP.

One of those penalties resulted in a 75 yard td being called back. The other happened on a 2nd and goal. Another set up a short field following a kickoff.

I don't disagree with the fact Wayne County is the best 1A team in the state.. Just kind of wondering where Huntingdon stood against South Pitt

We'll never know so all we can do is speculate. I personally would give the edge to SP. If WC hadnt had the ability to pressure the QB SP could have caused chaos in our secondary with their receivers and did to a point anyways. Just dont think Huntingdons secondary would have stopped them. SP definantly had the speed to play with Huntingdon. Again just my opinion no hard feelings

So I think everyone has gave there opinion thats going to give one so for what it's worth I'll give mine...... the final score of the Wayne County VS Huntingdon game should have ended up 13 - 3 with WC winning. A few special team plays kept Huntingdon in the ball game but I also believe that if the game would have went into over time Huntingdon would have won on a field goal...

Wayne County vs South Pitt... final score should have been 27-7 but the 3 down and 9 with ball on the 2 yard line was the only big play South Pitt had. Yes they were able to move the ball and get first downs but so was Huntingdon. WC has that bend don't break type of defense.

IF Huntingdon had played South Pitt I believe it would be something like 24-14 with Huntingdon winning

One of those penalties resulted in a 75 yard td being called back. The other happened on a 2nd and goal. Another set up a short field following a kickoff.

Its about time SP got called for holding, they mugged people all year long. Probably would of had a few more losses if holds would have been called in the east.

So I think everyone has gave there opinion thats going to give one so for what it's worth I'll give mine...... the final score of the Wayne County VS Huntingdon game should have ended up 13 - 3 with WC winning. A few special team plays kept Huntingdon in the ball game but I also believe that if the game would have went into over time Huntingdon would have won on a field goal...

Wayne County vs South Pitt... final score should have been 27-7 but the 3 down and 9 with ball on the 2 yard line was the only big play South Pitt had. Yes they were able to move the ball and get first downs but so was Huntingdon. WC has that bend don't break type of defense.

IF Huntingdon had played South Pitt I believe it would be something like 24-14 with Huntingdon winning

Lets not get into the should of and could of. 27-7? Really. SP should have scored on that 20 play drive. They should have gotten pass interference, they should have caught all the balls they dropped, they should have not held. We can go on and on. SP and Wayne both had 300 yds of offense. It was a pretty even game. How many yards did Huntingdon have? 90?

Lets not get into the should of and could of. 27-7? Really. SP should have scored on that 20 play drive. They should have gotten pass interference, they should have caught all the balls they dropped, they should have not held. We can go on and on. SP and Wayne both had 300 yds of offense. It was a pretty even game. How many yards did Huntingdon have? 90?

Your right.. Lot's of things could have happened but it didn't. Not sure how many total yards of offense Huntingdon had but I can find out for ya