Class 3A Preseason 2012 Top 10

howdoitknow

CAK returns High, Rathbone, Murchison, Howell, Davis, and all 5 members of this year's starting offensive line. Their offense is completely back (with the exception of Henson).

Defensively they return Wizenburg and 3 other starters but they have to replace 7 members of their "starting" defense. Maddux and Henson will be the biggest of those losses.

Alcoa will have 33 seniors on next years team with alot of experience. CAK returns a lot as well it should be interesting next year in district 4AA!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course pre-season rankings are just for us to have some fun with until the real thing starts happening on Friday nights next fall. But I would say CAK has earned the pre-season billing at #1 since they soundly defeated Milan in the championship game, defeated Alcoa twice this year and is returning the entire record setting offense (other than the FB). Defensively, CAK will have to find suitable replacements for most of the D line, an ILB and a couple DB's. That may be a bit challenging, but with an offense like CAK will have next year they will be very tough again in 2012. Maybe more shootouts, but they will be good. Of course I expect to see Alcoa right there at the top as well.

Cheatham County very well may end up 2012 at 7th, but I think they are going to have to earn it. Many others have a more legitimate claim to a top ten ranking including Smith County, Bledsoe County, Camden, Sullivan North and maybe others that I am leaving out. In fact I put put Pearl-Cohn and Goodpasture significantly ahead of Cheatham.

CAK is number 1. clearly. No tie.

Bledsoe loses way too much to be a contender, may win 7-8 because of their weak schedule but thats it. This was probably the best team they have ever had and look what that got them against Alcoa

CAK returns High, Rathbone, Murchison, Howell, Davis, and all 5 members of this year's starting offensive line. Their offense is completely back (with the exception of Henson).

Defensively they return Wizenburg and 3 other starters but they have to replace 7 members of their "starting" defense. Maddux and Henson will be the biggest of those losses.

Don't forget they also return Smith who is the state's #1 receiver and #5 nationally.

Howdy - CAK will try and outscore people next year. Their defense will be down due to loss of so many players, but they should not have much trouble outscoring people, except Alcoa. Now of Coach Rankin returns, that would be their big test.

Howdy - CAK will try and outscore people next year. Their defense will be down due to loss of so many players, but they should not have much trouble outscoring people, except Alcoa. Now of Coach Rankin returns, that would be their big test.

Inexperience doesn't necessarily mean less talented or that a team (or portion of a team) is going to be "down." Charlie High was a first year starter with only one start under his belt coming into the season. Four months later, he has broken several state records and led an offense that averaged 41.9 pts/game (5th best in the state in all classifications).

...41.9 pts/game, I'd say they tried to "outscore" people this year.

Inexperience doesn't necessarily mean less talented or that a team (or portion of a team) is going to be "down." Charlie High was a first year starter with only one start under his belt coming into the season. Four months later, he has broken several state records and led an offense that averaged 41.9 pts/game (5th best in the state in all classifications).

...41.9 pts/game, I'd say they tried to "outscore" people this year.

Good points CBNS. You know the joke that goes like this "the good news is that we have most of our team returning, and the bad news is that we have most of our team returning" :D That doesn't apply this coming year to CAK of course, but there are certainly teams that will be very good next year that have to replace a lot of players. CAK was in a rebuilding year after graduation 20 seniors, but they rebuilt quickly and won a state championship, so can other teams.

Good points CBNS. You know the joke that goes like this "the good news is that we have most of our team returning, and the bad news is that we have most of our team returning" :D That doesn't apply this coming year to CAK of course, but there are certainly teams that will be very good next year that have to replace a lot of players. CAK was in a rebuilding year after graduation 20 seniors, but they rebuilt quickly and won a state championship, so can other teams.

Dad,

BTW, how is #18 feeling?

Dad,

BTW, how is #18 feeling?

Thanks for asking. He will have surgery Wednesday to put some screws and a pin in his ankle. About 3-4 weeks in a cast and on crutches, no weight on the foot until then. But overall he is feeling great. He and our whole family are still just glowing. To say we are a football family is an understatement. I think my daughter may be the biggest football fan of all of us, ha.