Can Maryville Win It Again?

GovMan

what postition did Woodruff play on defense?...he could have stopped the Rebel offense? from what I hear...the QB that played was rather impressive...one man does not make a team.....I heard that once (or was it twice?)

I'm really not wanting to get into it with the Riverdale fans , I like them , but Warriordad , you must be dreaming , Maryville put the brakes on big time , if they hadn't I figure at least 2 more TD's probably were scored at least .... either way , that one man would of made a 40 or 50 point difference ... wow , does he leap tall buildings too ? :roflol:

I believe this makes us already 0-2 in the Imaginary Football League after just 2 days into the season .... of course the loss to Ensworth is in dispute since they had a chance to play a REAL game , but suddenly remembered they had somewhere else they were supposed to be ... :thumb:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to his pronunciation, as a parent of a now graduated player, I think most spectators would consider the most important function of the PA announcer to announce game action, but I have noticed when the game is in hand, he doesn't bother to announce the names of the subs who make plays late in the game...a chance to recognize players that work hard in practice but don't get to start....instead, as he did last year it seemed he laboriously read the same spiel about the 'Star Player of the game' from all of the local schools every quarter!

I just think it's time to make a change..nothing personal against Mr. Judkins, but it's just like when Coach Quarles starts one QB over another, we need to do what's best for the program and have a PA announcer whose style and substance befits the best high school football program in the state!

As a young pup, I did not have the opportunity to hear Mayor Shields announce, so Judkins is the only voice I hear in my head when I think of Maryville announcers. Iconic may have not been the correct term to use when describing Judkins, maybe "the voice that is synonymous with Rebel games of recent years" would have fit better, I dont know. Coach Murphy is an incredible guy and has a lively personality. I will always remember his enthusiasm. GovMan does a great job with his announcing and it wouldn't bother me having him in the box :thumb:. Personally, I don't see a reason for change other than the way he pronounces Mary-Ville. What other areas do you all believe he could improve in? I am just wondering because I haven't heard another announcer in the box at MHS and haven't thought to pay attention to other school's announcers during away games.

Edited by EarlVolFan

There is no question about it, MARYVILLE is the measuring stick in TN High School Football. This years Jr class was the core of this team and they had great senior leadership. This class was 68 strong when they came in as freshmen and I think they now number around 40 - 45. These guys are kind of unsung but they have a mean streak and they do not like to loose. All in all MARYVILLE will reload and make another run. Garrett will be your go to QB in 2012.

I think Maryville will have a good shot of winning the title again. As long as the coaching staff stays intact the Rebels will always be really good.

QB. Robinette is a huge loss. Robinette was best QB ever at Maryville. GQ is a great QB coach so he will develop John Garret into a good one.

RB. Prevo,Shuler,Shinski will be back.

WR. Chris Raymond and Cody Carroll will be back. Some others need to step up.

TE. Logan Winders is a real good player.

OL. Losing some great players there. Greg Jones is only starter returning. Brad Fields started a few games that Brandon Guy didn't get to start and did really well. Tim Koons is another who played a lot.

DL. Almost all starters return except Joe Watson. Taylor Spivey played well at end. All 4 DT's return. Shawn Brown,Marshall Knoll,Nic Heinemen and Hunter Hawkins make a heck of a DT rotation. Brown is fast enough to maybe take Watson's place at DE.

LB. Will Murrin returns. Murrin is a really good player. Need 2 others to stap up. Drew Curtis played a lot this year.

DB. Losing those 3 seniors hurt.Brian Coulter returns in secondary. I expect Nic Myers to start a CB. I wouldn't doubt that you see Trenton Shuler on defense next year.

Actually, that team started out 0-4 because of some key player suspensions the week before the season started as I recall. The wins came after they had served their suspensions..

By the way, Gary..Er..I mean GovMan, can we get WB to coordinate their away games with Maryville's home schedule so you can announce our games?

Now that my kids have graduated and I no longer need to go to games, I don't know if will continue to attend because I can't stand to listen to our current announcer and his pseudo-Ohio accent and endless promos for the restaurants that provided the ' press box' , AKA him, with food for the evening...

I don't know the guy personally, and he may be a good person, but he detracts from the game experience. The Maryville football program deserves better and you are excellent.

You should have heard Skeeter call the games. Whew! :blink:

I think Maryville will have a good shot of winning the title again. As long as the coaching staff stays intact the Rebels will always be really good.

QB. Robinette is a huge loss. Robinette was best QB ever at Maryville. GQ is a great QB coach so he will develop John Garret into a good one.

RB. Prevo,Shuler,Shinski will be back.

WR. Chris Raymond and Cody Carroll will be back. Some others need to step up.

TE. Logan Winders is a real good player.

OL. Losing some great players there. Greg Jones is only starter returning. Brad Fields started a few games that Brandon Guy didn't get to start and did really well. Tim Koons is another who played a lot.

DL. Almost all starters return except Joe Watson. Taylor Spivey played well at end. All 4 DT's return. Shawn Brown,Marshall Knoll,Nic Heinemen and Hunter Hawkins make a heck of a DT rotation. Brown is fast enough to maybe take Watson's place at DE.

LB. Will Murrin returns. Murrin is a really good player. Need 2 others to stap up. Drew Curtis played a lot this year.

DB. Losing those 3 seniors hurt.Brian Coulter returns in secondary. I expect Nic Myers to start a CB. I wouldn't doubt that you see Trenton Shuler on defense next year.

Purty good list Rebullron....Butt ewe left off a few thangs...

1. Those big ole frashman DE's will bee sumthin...Jackson and Brice...

b. Eye wood say Myers will play a lott ov WR...If'un he ain't tha QB...

3. Thay's sum nice OL on tha way frum june-yours on down...

4. STARS ain't evun maid hiz recrutin/garbige run yet.... :blush: