Can Maryville Win It Again?

GovMan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mentioned that you were c/o 2010 on the other thread, so I can understand this. But if you had seen the 2002, 1998, or even 2005 Rebel squads in action, you might be singing a different tune.

All three of those teams were tremendously dominant. As good as 2002 was, they could have been even better. It's scary to think about - their top QB (Rouse) missed the whole year after getting hurt in a scrimmage and TJ Brock was either kicked out/left school (can't remember now, getting old). And they still ran through the state.

2011 and 2007 were very, very good teams, but those 3 were just a cut above.

I know in the grand scheme of things it really doesnt matter but the 2012 edition of Maryville has been ranked as high as #6 in some of the national polls this past week. I was wondering if that is the highest or if some of the aforementioned teams in the last few posts were ranked higher. I am not saying this is the deciding factor to which team/s are better, just curious.....

Govman,

I'm a little surprised that you didn't have the Govs beating the Rebels twice next year. Regular season and playoffs.

I need to get down to watch some of those Govs Basketball games soon.

82, I figure we'll lose a close one in the regular season, but then knock you all off in the play-offs when it really matters. :thumb:

I think the Govs and the Rebs play this coming Friday ... can't remember right now if it is at WB or at MHS.

And Jake, I think we can expect to see Lane play football next year. He's actually getting some interest (in football) from a D1 school that might surprise you.

82, I figure we'll lose a close one in the regular season, but then knock you all off in the play-offs when it really matters. :thumb:

I think the Govs and the Rebs play this coming Friday ... can't remember right now if it is at WB or at MHS.

And Jake, I think we can expect to see Lane play football next year. He's actually getting some interest (in football) from a D1 school that might surprise you.

Good to hear Govman. He is a good kid.

As much as I hate basketball, I may have to venture down there to catch a game. My wife ended up down there at a game last week and came home singing an old song by "Journey", I asked why she kept singing it and she said she heard it at the game. Keep up the good work.

It is at Murvul.

Not so sure...losing some really good skill players ( Saunders, Cunningham, Cook, ). Lane Bloom returns...really like him. QB most likely will be Tim Greene...Excellent athlete similar to Saunders. I am assuming we will have the Fuller kid...if so he will help us. Brandon Tipton saw some pt as a frosh this year...good athlete good hands.

This is for the GovMan. Kickin' it old school...

WB_vintage.jpg This is from the 1979-1981 era. :thumb:

Edited by Red Rebels

R U talking football?