Can Maryville Win It Again?

GovMan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got a game coming up against Cleveland, and no idea who's coaching them or what they run or who's under center after Voytik's gone. I don't like to look much beyond the next one! One game at a time... I will say that I think Maryville can compete with anyone they'll play.

What do you think we're going to look like next year? We're certainly going have a different look on both sides of the ball.

Should be quite the interesting game. Cleveland will have a different look with a new QB, an essentially new OL and DL, and a new coach.

Likely starting QB for Cleveland will be Austin Herink (junior) backed up by Austin Massey (sophomore). Cleveland returns its full receiver corps, minus one...and their backfield remains intact and will be bolstered by rising sophomores who already have varsity game experience.

I expect CHS to run some combination of spread and pro-style with a good bit of misdirection and movement. Defense will be the biggest question, but they always seem to re-load.

Should be quite the interesting game. Cleveland will have a different look with a new QB, an essentially new OL and DL, and a new coach.

Likely starting QB for Cleveland will be Austin Herink (junior) backed up by Austin Massey (sophomore). Cleveland returns its full receiver corps, minus one...and their backfield remains intact and will be bolstered by rising sophomores who already have varsity game experience.

I expect CHS to run some combination of spread and pro-style with a good bit of misdirection and movement. Defense will be the biggest question, but they always seem to re-load.

Here's a name to remember from freshman team...Jalen Burgess. Reminds me just a little of the Tank Baker kid from a few years back...

I thought the Alcoa vs Cleveland game was a little boring. Expected a little more from CHS than what they showed.

Agreed. Expect the new-look Raiders to be a bit more entertaining. Different coach, different QB, an established and experienced backfield and receiver corps...not likely to resemble the team that faced Alcoa.