Henry County Patriots 2012

RedSwarm10

We might not be AS BIG of a threat next year. Nobody is disagreeing with that. But we are the defending state champions, and will still more than likely be A threat by the time the playoffs begin. As I said before, we didn't graduate our entire roster. There will still be plenty of good players on the field wearing red this season. Some who've already had their presence felt, and some who will be new faces. We might be young in many spots, but we will have a well coached, talented team on the field next season, even after graduating "13 college signees". That's what powerhouse programs do.

Easy MSU....powerhouse should be in the same sentence with Maryville, Alcoa, Riverdale, and a few more...Yes, HC will be good at the end of the year. After HC wins a couple of state titles, then use the term powerhouse...

Didn't you guys go 8-3 last season? How are things so bad?

No discipline. WEAK, WEAK, schedule...The kids run the candy store. It's not like it was when Counce was here. You had no problem knowing "WHO THE TALL HOG AT THE TROUGH WAS"... 8-) when he was there. Players talking back to coaches, no discipline, stuff you WOULD NEVER HEAR about from a James Counce coached team. Like him, don't like him, he was THE BEST FOOTBALL COACH DYERSBURG HIGH SCHOOL EVER HAD.

I may be hyping way too early, but I would be shocked if we didn't make it twice to the state championship in the next four years.

I can agree with this statement. However, the best team doesn't always get there, and win it. In a 1 game scenario dealing with 16-18 year old kids, anything can happen, and you always have to have something happen along the way that "helps" you get there...

I can agree with this statement. However, the best team doesn't always get there, and win it. In a 1 game scenario dealing with 16-18 year old kids, anything can happen, and you always have to have something happen along the way that "helps" you get there...

Well stated, Rat.Injuries,too, can have a major impact on a season: we were certainly blessed in 2011 to have had so few. Don't forget the Lift-a-thon tonight at 6 PM at Patriot Stadium.

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

Having coached for a good while I know that things can happen when dealing with teenagers. We were fortunate last year in more ways than one in that respect, and we were far and away the state's best team. At this moment I see no team out there who is close to us. We will win another championship. The field is likely weak, and we are strong. If a few teams are better than I expect them to be, then we will beat them.

Give me some info on the lift-a-thon. I wasn't able to make it.

It was a big success,SEC.Nice crowd on hand,beautiful weather and much enthusiasm. I spent all evening watching the runners so I don't know much about the lifters though I heard several bench presses announced in the325 to 350 range.Best time in the 40 was 4.31--WOW! There was a 4.45, a 4.5 a bunch of 4.6's, 4.7's and4.8's. Overall speed seems better than last year. Size,strength, and numbers are comparable to last year at this time. 2012 could be a pretty good year!!

GO BIG RED

Having coached for a good while I know that things can happen when dealing with teenagers. We were fortunate last year in more ways than one in that respect, and we were far and away the state's best team. At this moment I see no team out there who is close to us. We will win another championship. The field is likely weak, and we are strong. If a few teams are better than I expect them to be, then we will beat them.

According to last year you stated that there was 7 or 8 D-1 guys on the team. Since only one guy went D-1 last year, I would expect y'all to be extra loaded this year and the next.

It was a big success,SEC.Nice crowd on hand,beautiful weather and much enthusiasm. I spent all evening watching the runners so I don't know much about the lifters though I heard several bench presses announced in the325 to 350 range.Best time in the 40 was 4.31--WOW! There was a 4.45, a 4.5 a bunch of 4.6's, 4.7's and4.8's. Overall speed seems better than last year. Size,strength, and numbers are comparable to last year at this time. 2012 could be a pretty good year!!

GO BIG RED

Who ran the 4.31? I think I know but am very curious.