George Quarles v.s. Ricky Bowers

JSamson7

The proof is in the pudding MLReb. Maryville does recruit there is no question about that. They WIN, state championship after state championship. If you're a daddy in Blount County and you have a son who can play, do you want them to go to Heritage, WB, or Maryville? The answer is simple. I believe that Maryville is an open school zone correct? So, GQ DOES recruit....by running a clean, disciplined program that wins. Parents want their sons to be a part of it. Success breeds success.

They WIN, state championship after state championship. If you're a daddy in Blount County and you have a son who can play, do you want them to go to Heritage, WB, or Maryville? The answer is simple. I believe that Maryville is an open school zone correct? So, GQ DOES recruit....by running a clean, disciplined program that wins. Parents want their sons to be a part of it. Success breeds success.

YEP. It is as simple as that when you speak of recruiting - but I am sure there may be some garbage service exceptions. :thumb: And it's not just limited to Blount County. I thought our "recruiting base" would expand when we got Bearden and Fairgut added to the schedule. It has not had the impact I expected, but I blame that on CAK and Hardin Valley. Time will tell. It only takes a couple of studs to "arrive on campus" to make a real difference in a high school team. That is if the coaches know how to use them. Many of Murvil's coaches do a great job. The coaches must have the players, but the players must have the coaches.

Never heard of Coach Bowers, but he must be really good to be having this discussion. OR - folks have not seen GQ enough to try to guess his playcalls. I would hate to be on the other side and picking my poison against him.

YEP. It is as simple as that when you speak of recruiting - but I am sure there may be some garbage service exceptions. :thumb: And it's not just limited to Blount County. I thought our "recruiting base" would expand when we got Bearden and Fairgut added to the schedule. It has not had the impact I expected, but I blame that on CAK and Hardin Valley. Time will tell. It only takes a couple of studs to "arrive on campus" to make a real difference in a high school team. That is if the coaches know how to use them. Many of Murvil's coaches do a great job. The coaches must have the players, but the players must have the coaches.

Never heard of Coach Bowers, but he must be really good to be having this discussion. OR - folks have not seen GQ enough to try to guess his playcalls. I would hate to be on the other side and picking my poison against him.

sx....Eye'll bee out on Christmas Day, aftur church, pickin' up our recroots customur's garbige... :thumb:

Eye'm werkin' extree hard inn west Knottsvul tryin' two chainge that trend.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

I bet that Rankin has beat Quarles more than any other head coach at any other school. If you swapped Rankin and Quarles and let Quarles coach at Alcoa and Rankin at Maryville who would win. Cant take no assistents just swap head coaches.

That's only 2 wins against Quarles, you made it sound like half of Quarles' losses came against Rankin. Both were against "not as talented" Maryville teams as some may say.I could look like a great coach if I had a great team and played middle school caliber teams with the exception of MHS and CAK.

Didn't mean to cause a stir, because GQ aint lost to many games (I don't know how many). But if Rankin has beat him twice and being a much lower class team, Rankin has to been up their in the number of wins against GQ. If Alcoa has played Maryville 6 times and beat em 2 times, that aint bad compared to all the other coaches that have been beat by Maryville and GQ.

Edited by devilsden

Didn't mean to cause a stir, because GQ aint lost to many games (I don't know how many). But if Rankin has beat him twice and being a much lower class team, Rankin has to been up their in the number of wins against GQ. If Alcoa has played Maryville 6 times and beat em 2 times, that aint bad compared to all the other coaches that have been beat by Maryville and GQ.

That is impressive , it doesn't make him better than Quarles though . When Rankin starts beating teams on a regular basis that has more talent than his team , then we can compare him to Quarles .

Rankin has more wins than GQ because he's been coaching for a longer period of time. Both are stellar coaches whichever way you look at it.

The proof is in the pudding MLReb. Maryville does recruit there is no question about that. They WIN, state championship after state championship. If you're a daddy in Blount County and you have a son who can play, do you want them to go to Heritage, WB, or Maryville? The answer is simple. I believe that Maryville is an open school zone correct? So, GQ DOES recruit....by running a clean, disciplined program that wins. Parents want their sons to be a part of it. Success breeds success.

This is correct and I don't understand why so many cannot grasp this.

Chattcity will offer nothing to bolster her, or his, post.

I am biased and I will take Quarles and his staff over any, and I am sure there are plenty of staffs in the state that are great stewards of young men.