Lassiter steps down at Gallatin

mondo44

I think the afore mentioned Dwayne Alexander is a good candidate. Reasons already given.

Roger Perry, too much parental drama in Mt Juliet

Kevin Creasy, already said last year he would be interested in the job.

Shadowens, proven coach with an a solid base of athletes in which to work with without the competition of 7-AAA

Jeff Porter, name always comes up when Gallatin has an opening

Gary Rankin, he was the #1 candidate before Lassiter got the job

Jerry Joslin, old stomping grounds

Mark Williams, already on staff

Ron Crawford, friends with Lassiter, may be a paycut but better athletes in which to choose from

Thomas D Woods, coaching at Tulane I think, hometown

Byron McCullough, hometown, I believe a highschool coach in Texas

those are a start but once the word gets out expect some from other parts of the state and out of state

Good list. I am pretty sure that this is why Mark left Smyrna for a shot at this job when it opened. Should be a great job for someone.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the afore mentioned Dwayne Alexander is a good candidate. Reasons already given.

Roger Perry, too much parental drama in Mt Juliet

Kevin Creasy, already said last year he would be interested in the job.

Shadowens, proven coach with an a solid base of athletes in which to work with without the competition of 7-AAA

Jeff Porter, name always comes up when Gallatin has an opening

Gary Rankin, he was the #1 candidate before Lassiter got the job

Jerry Joslin, old stomping grounds

Mark Williams, already on staff

Ron Crawford, friends with Lassiter, may be a paycut but better athletes in which to choose from

Thomas D Woods, coaching at Tulane I think, hometown

Byron McCullough, hometown, I believe a highschool coach in Texas

those are a start but once the word gets out expect some from other parts of the state and out of state

Porter may have played at Gallatin, but I don't see him leaving the Blue Devils for the Green Wave. The Devils are primed for a deep run in the playoffs next year. However, one name that comes to mind is Coach Jim Grantham. He played at Gallatin and coached with Porter at White House for 20 years. He recently retired from coaching last year but has stayed on as a teacher. Maybe the coaching bug is still there for him. Gallatin couldn't get a finer coach. Good Luck.

Coaching as an asst on the Station Camp 9th grade team. Are you from Gallatin?

I lived there in the early 80s with GOO baby woods i was at the 82 state championship game against LC we moved here in 85 because my dad decided to go to college and that was the start of my freshman year in high school...ill never forget the day in spring practice we rode the bus to the high school (the freshman had just moved to the high school that year) and while we were doing drills coach Short said "now thats a football player right there" yeah my head swelled up lol...but i lived there from 81-85 half of 4th grade through all of 8th

FROM AN INSIDE SOURCE OF GALLATIN QUARTERBACK CLUB, THE NEW HEAD COACH WILL BE CHAD JONES FROM SPRING HILL...DONT KNOW IF HE HAS ANY COACHING EXPERIENCE BUT WIKIPEDIA SAYS HE IS THE FIVE TIME CHIN UP CHAMPION AT MULE DAY IN COLUMBIA. #WEIRDHIRE

Now there's an eye catcher on the old resume.