Cloudland @ Powell Valley

ScubaSam

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by meatman

I agree with Pujo, his observations make it look like you are lacking confidence. If you truly stood behind your team, like you say you do, then it wouldn't disgruntle you in putting a little pride in your team. We have the knowledge that our Boys (*kids*) can, and will, beat yours.

Technically, we aren't bragging, because when you look at it, we have done all the things that we say we have. We aren't disrespecting any other teams, belittling what have you, we can't help it if other teams are not as talented nor work as hard as the 'Landers do. If you want to see the sheer "love of the game", come to a single practice... not only to see how they play, but what they do, and how the Coaches run it. I feel that if the fans want to be, as you call it- 'arrogant', then they have the right to be, has your team made it "all the way to state"?

So you think that our JV hasn't played as much as they should be allowed to? Our JV's have had almost as much playing time as the Varsity. For example; if you will go back to our last game, the 'Landers had accumulated 60+ points before the sound of the Half Time buzzer. So, I am saying our JV has seen an abundance of playing time compared to other JV teams. Not being counter-productive, but maybe if your Varsity would spend as much time on the field as Ours, then they might be half as good as you think they are.

Good luck, may the better team win. See you in the stands, and your score in the lower rank. 48-8 Cloudland

Go 'Landers!!!

First of all, no I am not lacking confidence. I was merely trying to avoid lowering myself to your level of arrogance, but evidently it is all that some people seem to be able to understand. If you would like, I can rephrase that and merely say that your ride back "Up the Roan" will be a long one tomorrow night as you think about how your "Dogs" got scalped by the Indians. You merely don't know what you are talking about. As far as pride, POWELL VALLEY PRIDE is our motto, and personally, I haven't missed a game in over 3 years and that includes JV.

You aren't bragging...right. I have not been making brags about our accomplishments but if you would like, we are tied for 1st place, are we not?

As far as belittling opponents...wasn't it Cloudland that posted a thread here titled "Cloudland 62 Jellico 12" and then made a comment about calling the Dogs off before it looked too bad?

Concerning our practices...Let me just say that we do have a new coach this year and practices are not exactly a cakewalk. By any chance, do you remember what happened to our team the last time we had Coach Cline? We won the regional title in 93 and were in the playoffs in 93, 95, and 96. Guess what...this year, the Regional Title will be ours again. And as far as your question about when have we made it all the way to state, well, this year will be the first time. How many times has your team won state?

Wasn't it your fans who were (and still are) whining and crying because Ezell is ranked #1 in the Official Polls this year? As Ric Flair always said, "To be the man, you have to beat the man." So far, you have been unsuccessful at this, thus you are not #1.

From what I recall, for the 1st half of the season, we were also averaging over 40 points per game, and this was with our JV playing at least 1-2 full quarters. We just kinda laid back a little to prevent running the scores up as much, and so that you wouldn't expect what you are about to receive. Now you are telling me that if our Varsity had spent as much time on the field as yours, then we would be half as good as yours...well, if our Varsity had spent as much time on the field as yours, we would have outnumbered your scores without breaking a sweat.

Gee, I am now glad that you posted. After you said what you did, and I started checking into it, I know we can and will beat you tomorrow night!!!

If you would, please do me a favor...Make sure you take your Dogs to the vet before the game and have them bathed. Everybody hates the smell of an old wet dog, especially the kind that tucks it's tail between it's legs and runs away. Just remember, this year you are on our home turf. :D

GO VALLEY !!! :):D:D

My favorite 2 teams are Powell Valley and whomever is playing against Cloudland this week.

[Edited by PVHSrulz on 10-17-02 10:41P]

Cloudland will win this game by a large margin. I`m not a Lander fan, so don`t try and call me arrogant. And don`t be surprised if you see a Lander fan post on here sometime this weekend and say...."I told you so" It`s nice that you think your team is doing well, but by the looks of some of your opponents records, I think Powell Valley will see what a quality team looks like this week. JMO.

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:

Cloudland will win this game by a large margin. I`m not a Lander fan, so don`t try and call me arrogant. And don`t be surprised if you see a Lander fan post on here sometime this weekend and say...."I told you so" It`s nice that you think your team is doing well, but by the looks of some of your opponents records, I think Powell Valley will see what a quality team looks like this week. JMO.

If you are neither a Cloudland fan or PV fan, why are making posts on here? Oh by the way, we don't think the PV team is just doing well, we KNOW they are doing great. Cloudland is a quality team, no doubt about that (anyone who thinks otherwise is just stupid) but the PV fans know that the Indians are a quality team too. Most everyone on here is just pulling and posting for the team that they love. So I ask the question, why are you on here?

Posted by flip96:

If you are neither a Cloudland fan or PV fan, why are making posts on here? Oh by the way, we don't think the PV team is just doing well, we KNOW they are doing great. Cloudland is a quality team, no doubt about that (anyone who thinks otherwise is just stupid) but the PV fans know that the Indians are a quality team too. Most everyone on here is just pulling and posting for the team that they love. So I ask the question, why are you on here?

I am on here to try and lessen the shock some Powell Valley fans will have when they get waxed Friday night. :)

Posted by flip96:

flip96,

I like your style. Do you live in the Valley or go to school here? We may know each other. You could say I know everyone on the team on a first name basis, and even related to a couple of them.

pvhsrulz-

I truly do hope that you know what you are talking about. I hope that your Indians are all that you say and more. I hope that you played your JV and didn't run scores up and I hope that you have all kinds of secret weapons that you have been saving just especially for us. Because I personally am tired of watching these runaway ballgames that I can barely stay awake for. I hope you are great because if you are what you say you are it will only help us to improve.

And remember what you said, "To be the man you have to beat the man." It's true, we haven't beaten Ezell so they are still the #1 one defending State champs but until you beat us, we are the #1 defending Region 1A champs so don't throw out the we're tied crap until you get the job done yourself.

Cloudland is not unbeatable. No team is but you better believe that we are coming to Powell Valley with one goal in mind.

One game at a time......... Go Landers!

JUST BRING IT!