David Pack, Really!

mykidsdad

Amen to those replies in support of Coach Pack. Reminds me of another David, long ago, who accomplished great things, messed up big time with Bathsheeba, and with God's help turned it around.

I think comparing David Pack to King David is a little much. King David was on a little different level. LEts face the facts this man has embarrased his school, family, and himself. I am not advocating people slandering him but if someone on this board or anywhere else states they have lost respect for him or view his actions as despicable then that is not judgement but stating facts. I know that God will forgive him as well as other people. However he must deal with the consequences of his actions which in part is people condemning his actions. I wish coach pack the best but this is not something that should be accepted or taken lightly.

I count David as a friend and have seen him with kids and he truly has a great heart. I hurt for him, him family and his extended famlies at ba, cpa, ensworth and fra. Whatever happens he will have an uphill battle but i also know that if anyone can overcome their present circumstances it is coach pack. I know that he is not a fan of coacht so he will not read this. I do believe he will learn from this and start over. As some have stated before no one should be throwing stones. My dad told me along time ago that there are only two kinds of people, the caught and the uncaught...the only important thing now is keeping his family and everything else is a distant second.....good luck David, you will be in our prayers.......

Don't know the man but I have read all of the post in this thread. He goofed up royally no way to deny that fact. But is he the first, NO. Will he be the last, NO. I be willing to bet that in 95% of schools in this state a teacher or principle, has done something illegel and I aint talking running a red light or stop sign, but HE GOT CAUGHT! Was it his first time, prolly not. Will it be his last time, ???????

And yes it is sad cause their was a lot of students and players at his school that prolly thought he hung the Moon.

I feel bad for the people who have to explain this to the kids who played for this knucklehead.

Could be a great opportunity for people to explain to kids that anytime we put a human on a pedestal we run the risk of disappointment. That's why we must put our minds and trust in the only ONE who never sinned or will disappoint.

I think comparing David Pack to King David is a little much. King David was on a little different level. LEts face the facts this man has embarrased his school, family, and himself. I am not advocating people slandering him but if someone on this board or anywhere else states they have lost respect for him or view his actions as despicable then that is not judgement but stating facts. I know that God will forgive him as well as other people. However he must deal with the consequences of his actions which in part is people condemning his actions. I wish coach pack the best but this is not something that should be accepted or taken lightly.

I have not seen nor heard of anyone taking this situation "lightly" or "accepting" this type of behavior. Yet, in Galatians 6:1 we read, "Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted." I would challange any by saying when you "do" this very thing as mentioned to the Church in Galatia, there is a "seriousness" already established by this action...thus understanding "not to take the matter lightly".

Certainly best wishes to the Coach, the family, and particularly the Franklin Road Academy family that too must feel a large degree of disappointment and hurt. Better days lie ahead!!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Guys, thanks for giving my day a boost with your mercy, humility and logical perspectives. I opened this thread expecting a gauntlet of judgment toward a man who messed up big-time and likely ruined his career. Your wisdom has been refreshing.

I don't know Coach Pack, but our paths have overlapped and we have many common acquaintances. Just like you, I'll be praying for him. He's disgraced himself enough. I applaud you all for not piling on.

Edited by WesVLT
  • Upvote 1

I am praying for Coach..... it makes me thankful for coaches and teachers who are positive influences, and for those who try their best to be. God doesn't judge one moment ... he judges a life time.. He is loved by many for a reason... He will bounce back.

I think it will be really difficult for Coach Pack to find a job after this situation. I am all for forgiving and realize we all make mistakes, however we know that our mistakes in the past can have consequences later down the road.

A couple of schools in the mid-state have hired head coaches recently and then come to find out they had a criminal record, which resulted in them being let go (Ravenwood and Cane Ridge). Having a criminal charge of any kind on your record will make it difficult for any school justify hiring you.

His personal life will be restored thanks be to God's grace, however his professional career as a teacher and coach may have ended with one poor decision.

I think it will be really difficult for Coach Pack to find a job after this situation. I am all for forgiving and realize we all make mistakes, however we know that our mistakes in the past can have consequences later down the road.

A couple of schools in the mid-state have hired head coaches recently and then come to find out they had a criminal record, which resulted in them being let go (Ravenwood and Cane Ridge). Having a criminal charge of any kind on your record will make it difficult for any school justify hiring you.

His personal life will be restored thanks be to God's grace, however his professional career as a teacher and coach may have ended with one poor decision.

This one will probably require a area code change. :popcorneater:

This one will probably require a area code change. :popcorneater:

Will need more than that as the charge is a 'sex offense' and it puts you on the sex offender registry which follows you nation wide.

Folks just have to realize EVERYONE is fallible. Right now in DeBarry prison is two ministers and the EX head of the pediatric dept of Vanderbuilt for abusing children.

Sometimes working vice lets you know things you would really not have to know. From this the only thing I can say about the present situation is it is probably NOT his first rodeo. Not condemming it as I feel for his family also, but that is what I use to see daily.

Will need more than that as the charge is a 'sex offense' and it puts you on the sex offender registry which follows you nation wide.

Folks just have to realize EVERYONE is fallible. Right now in DeBarry prison is two ministers and the EX head of the pediatric dept of Vanderbuilt for abusing children.

Sometimes working vice lets you know things you would really not have to know. From this the only thing I can say about the present situation is it is probably NOT his first rodeo. Not condemming it as I feel for his family also, but that is what I use to see daily.

It can be a fine line between getting caught and getting away. :popcorneater: