Region 5A

KC360

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McEwen over Cascade- most likely a 20 point game.

WHH over Community- probably 10-15 point game.

Forrest over Jo Byrns- 5-10 point game.

East Rob over MTC- close game.

The Semis will be McEwen playing Forrest, WHH playing East Rob.

I have McEwen beating Forrest in what could be a close game because Forrest shoots 3's and it could make it a close game or a blowout. East Rob versus WHH will be a good game, but most likely WHH wins.

Championship looks like a rematch between WHH and McEwen.

McEwen over Cascade. Probably not close.

Community over WHH. WHH got very unlucky that Community got upset in district tourney. We have size to handle their big guy and I know our guard play is stronger.

Forrest over Jo Byrns. Jo Byrns not use to playing in region and they travel. Probably not close.

MTCS over East Robertson. You see what they can do playing in their own gym. Plus they just have two guys that East Robertson wont be able to guard. Farmar and Spears both finish with 20+.

McEwen over Cascade by double figures. Cascade not deep enough off bench.

WHH over Community, double figures. Community week schedule, they choke against good competition.

MTCS over East Robertson, double figures. MTCS rolling at home.

Forrest over Jo Byrns by 8. Forest has five good players and a bench.

McEwen over MTCS in Region finals.

McEwen over Cascade. 15-20 point game, could be more.

Forrest over Jo Byrns. Same type of game as McEwen and Cascade

The other two are where it gets interesting. East Robertson can be a good team if they show up. If the game wasn't at MTCS, East would be favored in my eyes. MTCS will win, but if East shows up, it will be a tight game.

Community and WHH is the game that most people seem to differ from. 10A is underestimating Community and 9A is underestimating WHH. I know some of Community's players and have seen them play. They are capable of beating WHH, but unless foul trouble comes into the equation, I don't think Community can handle the great front court that Heritage throws at you. It will be very interesting to see how everyone matches up and if there are any upsets.

McEwen over Cascade. Probably not close.

Community over WHH. WHH got very unlucky that Community got upset in district tourney. We have size to handle their big guy and I know our guard play is stronger.

Forrest over Jo Byrns. Jo Byrns not use to playing in region and they travel. Probably not close.

MTCS over East Robertson. You see what they can do playing in their own gym. Plus they just have two guys that East Robertson wont be able to guard. Farmar and Spears both finish with 20+.

From what little of 9A teams that I saw at District tourny 1st round, I am still in shock that MTCS won that thing. Hard to understand. But now that being said there are some good matchups coming down the pike.

McEwen and Cascade...Cascade seeing their inside game and quick guards will match up pretty well with McEwen. Where Cascade will run into trouble is guarding the Mullinicks brothers. PG and Center. They are a great combo. Mcewens D is stout as well. That is how they beat WHH.

WHHeritage and Community...will be good. They may be unlucky to get Community...unless they play like they did against MTCS :)ha. Heritage in my opinion is Bi-polar :roflolk: they can really be hot and unstoppable at times, then... they can be so cold and unable to get it inside or score at all. But I will tell you WHH will win games with Defense and rebounding. Pretty much always solid. MTCS won over Community i guess in a stunner, just makes me wonder about the mind set of Community.

East Robertson and MTCS...ehhh I think MTCSs' run is over, quirky finish of the season with wins at home, some say that home cooking could have been involved. Dont underestimate East, they are the only other district team to beat WHHeritage this season. Very good shooters and quick pg. when they are on they are good.

Forrest and JoByrns... Wow I'm tellin you I would not want to be playing JB right now. They have height,speed,and heart. They have nothing to lose, first Regional in maybe ever. Dunno, but they go as their inside game goes. If big man is on and hitting his layups Forrest could have a real tough time.

No score predictions here I am looking forward to some really good matchups. Stay Healthy. Good Luck to all.