B.T.Washington Warriors

BTWSheriff

BTW lost to a 17-9 Westwood the night before. Whats your point?

Dont let Westwoods record fool you and Please don't try and compare westwood to Wayne county. That's absurd. Westwood is a contender and great team. Please don't forget 3 of their 9 losses came from BTW. And their other losses came before they acquired their starting 5. 3 of their starters weren't even on the team during the first semester, which is when they lost the other 6 games.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Westwood is another that would likely be in AA if the realignments were done more than every four years, around 550 now. Compare that to Perry and Wayne County, about 340 each.

"And their other losses came before they acquired their starting 5. 3 of their starters weren't even on the team during the first semester"

That's a very revealing statement.

Edited by Indian

Yes, Westwood is another that would likely be in AA if the realignments were done more than every four years, around 550 now. Compare that to Perry and Wayne County, about 340 each.

"And their other losses came before they acquired their starting 5. 3 of their starters weren't even on the team during the first semester"

That's a very revealing statement.

You've got to be kidding me.... Do you think that underfunded inner city Memphis schools have the time or staff to "recruit"? :bored: What a joke. This has turned into a slander fest focused on Memphis schools.

You've got to be kidding me.... Do you think that underfunded inner city Memphis schools have the time or staff to "recruit"? :bored: What a joke. This has turned into a slander fest focused on Memphis schools.

Are you kidding? Why would Memphis have "open enrollement" for all their schools if they didn't recruit on a DAILY basis. If you're a coach in Memphis and you're not recruiting then you're going to get beat and beaten badly. AAU is used as a tool to recruit kids to different schools and with the open enrollment it makes it all legal. Now am i saying all kids are recruited? No not at all but it happens all the time so don't insult our intelligence by acting as if it doesn't. Its not a slander its just fact. :thumb:

:roflol::roflol: :roflol: one city bringing home 1/3 of all championships is ridiculous.

Well technically, I guess i was generous when I said Memphis, I mean when marryville wins 7 straight championships or Alcoa wins 88 games in a row people around here dont say" KNOXVILLE has won all these championships", I mean those are Maryville's not knoxville's, so some of those schools may not even be in Memphis for all I know. U know what I Mean? Again this was about BTW,not Memphis, and we all have a general concensus that there OVERRATED!! And now that ive really looked at it, Memphis Bball may be a bit overrated too. looks like the rest of the state is holding their own. .You know I think its inbeded in our minds really. Think about it, when that area wins a championship they list them as Memphis melrose, memphis white station, memphis ridgway, memphis this and that. We dont say Knoxville Alcoa, or Knoxville maryville, I guess if we did, people would always think of this area alot better. LOL

Well technically, I guess i was generous when I said Memphis, I mean when marryville wins 7 straight championships or Alcoa wins 88 games in a row people around here dont say" KNOXVILLE has won all these championships", I mean those are Maryville's not knoxville's, so some of those schools may not even be in Memphis for all I know. U know what I Mean? Again this was about BTW,not Memphis, and we all have a general concensus that there OVERRATED!! And now that ive really looked at it, Memphis Bball may be a bit overrated too. looks like the rest of the state is holding their own. .You know I think its inbeded in our minds really. Think about it, when that area wins a championship they list them as Memphis melrose, memphis white station, memphis ridgway, memphis this and that. We dont say Knoxville Alcoa, or Knoxville maryville, I guess if we did, people would always think of this area alot better. LOL

Those schools are in fact in memphis, and based on your logic of proximity, both Liberty and Bolivar should be included in your count( not true) which would up the total by a lot, which I'm sure you are aware of. To say that the talent of basketball in Memphis is overrated is honestly one of the most insane things I've heard in awhile. Look at national recruiting and team rankings for the next few years and you'll notice that Memphis comes up quite a bit. Memphis is one of the top HS basketball cities in the country, not just the state, it doesn't take much more than common sense to recognize that.

UNDERFUNDED???? Are you kidding me. before u say crap like that u really should know the facts. I looked them up so I will enlighten u with them. The Volunteer state spends on average 7987.00 per student, the national average is 10,499.00 per and MEMPHIS SPENDS 10,677.00 per student. In comparison, Utah spends 6300.00 per. With that said, again, this thread wasnt about Memphis, Its about BTW, and them running up the scores on inferior opponants and there arrogant fans, coaches and administration allowing it to happen! I was coming home from the West/Marville game last night(or should I say Knoxville West), and a TSSAA commercial came on the radio and talked about how HS sports instills, integrity, citizenship, sportsmanship,leadership, as well as life skills. How does beating a team 149-23, and in 3 games beat them by an average of over 110 per game, do any of these things that commercial talked about? Theres no way in the world You or anybody else can convince me with a running clock from the second qtr. on, they did not set out to humiliate and embarrass this poor team! EVER!!! Thats The argument here not Memphis. The more I talk about this the madder I get, Heck, I might start a campaign to get this jerk fired and the AD removed! This is Uncalled for, Its high school kids!

UNDERFUNDED???? Are you kidding me. before u say crap like that u really should know the facts. I looked them up so I will enlighten u with them. The Volunteer state spends on average 7987.00 per student, the national average is 10,499.00 per and MEMPHIS SPENDS 10,677.00 per student. In comparison, Utah spends 6300.00 per. With that said, again, this thread wasnt about Memphis, Its about BTW, and them running up the scores on inferior opponants and there arrogant fans, coaches and administration allowing it to happen! I was coming home from the West/Marville game last night(or should I say Knoxville West), and a TSSAA commercial came on the radio and talked about how HS sports instills, integrity, citizenship, sportsmanship,leadership, as well as life skills. How does beating a team 149-23, and in 3 games beat them by an average of over 110 per game, do any of these things that commercial talked about? Theres no way in the world You or anybody else can convince me with a running clock from the second qtr. on, they did not set out to humiliate and embarrass this poor team! EVER!!! Thats The argument here not Memphis. The more I talk about this the madder I get, Heck, I might start a campaign to get this jerk fired and the AD removed! This is Uncalled for, Its high school kids!

While you're campaigning, go check out the conditions at Manassas, Melrose and Overton and get back with me on that bud.