B.T.Washington Warriors

BTWSheriff

I love how people think that Dunks are the Pinnacle of Basketball talent now. If he would have done that in traffic it might be impressive. I guarantee you D. Swift from Lake County can do that exact same thing and nobody is talking him up.

Or how about this one as a sophmore against Chris Crawford of UofMemphis....

Edited by BTWSheriff

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or how about this one as a sophmore against Chris Crawford of UofMemphis....

I noticed a few different things in this one. I noticed he can shoot the 3 which is way more impressive to me than the dunks in your past videos. Im glad to see that he can hit his free throws. I noticed he missed a easy lay up near the start of the video, even though he did get his own rebound and put it back up. And I don't know if I would call those passes "Dropping Dimes".

So your definately affiliated with the team in some aspect. So, with that said, I would still fire your coach for running up the scores on these obviously undermanned teams. Theres no place for that in HS BBall. And u will never make me believe u didnt press that team to score 149 points with a running clock, EVER. If so post that video of the third quarter and lets see how pathetic that team is. Your coach is a self centered ego - maniac that needs to be taken to the wood shed and taught how to respect others. And NO, I AM NOT A FAN!!!! Would be appalled if our local team embarrassed someone like that. I mean I like to win, but thats uncalled for. U may win the state but I sure hope u dont, and I hope its a one point loss so u have to wonder what u could have done better to win. Absolutely Horrible!!!!

Edited by CarolinaCrazy

So your definately affiliated with the team in some aspect. So, with that said, I would still fire your coach for running up the scores on these obviously undermanned teams. Theres no place for that in HS BBall. And u will never make me believe u didnt press that team to score 149 points with a running clock, EVER. If so post that video of the third quarter and lets see how pathetic that team is. Your coach is a self centered ego - maniac that needs to be taken to the wood shed and taught how to respect others. And NO, I AM NOT A FAN!!!! Would be appalled if our local team embarrassed someone like that. I mean I like to win, but thats uncalled for. U may win the state but I sure hope u dont, and I hope its a one point loss so u have to wonder what u could have done better to win. Absolutely Horrible!!!!

You good sir are my new favorite poster.

Im a BTW fan. Don't get me wrong, I hate that the score ended up that way. Im sure you wouldnt understand that is was pure talent, not running up the score, because you are not use to Memphis talent. You will soon learn.

Im a BTW fan. Don't get me wrong, I hate that the score ended up that way. Im sure you wouldnt understand that is was pure talent, not running up the score, because you are not use to Memphis talent. You will soon learn.

I've been in high school basketball a long time and there is no way you score 149 points in a high school game unless you have a full court press most if not the entire game. The coach should be fired, and i for one will be rooting for any team that beats BTW. What are you teaching the kids on this team? This is a disgrace to high school athletics and so is the coach.

BTWsheriff I think you will find come sub-state time there is talent outside of Memphis as well. Ask Westwood about their trip to Tiptonville last year and how that ended up. Also Lake Co. has beaten Jackson Southside by 9 and also took Liberty to the wire twice, once in OT at their place. Humboldt you will find is loaded athletically too. BTW has a great team and I have said they are one of the favorites to win the gold ball but I can Guarantee you that dropping from AA to A does not make it a cakewalk for them to get to the finals. Newby will be the A Mr. Basketball but will also face off against another Mr. Basketball finalist in my opinion in Rafael Tyler if or when they meet. These will be 2 of the 3 finalists and someone else from east/middle but the winner will come from the 2 I named.

Are u serious? LOL. I give you a breif synopsis of my background, and then you can see if you think I know what talent is? I played HS BBall, Played College BBall, Coached AAA BBAll at the highest levels, and refereed for over 25 years! Reffed the state tourny twice. My son Played 4 years of college BBall and is currently a successful AAA BBall coach that is on his way to the regional tourny, My daughter is a DI golfer and my my wife was an Awsome Cheeleader for all of us! LOL,Now, I think I know what pure talent is ok? I am saying that your coach and the AD there should at the very least, be called on the carpet and told that this is not in the spirit of TSSAA sports and if weve already beaten this team twice by 100 points, maybe we should just move the JV team up for one night and take it easy on them. I have looked at your schedule and according to CoachT, its the 107th toughest schedule in the state, so its not like youve played, Seigal, Oak Ridge, Karns, Stone memorial, Alcoa, etc.... People just dont respect you guys, plain and simple. I think you will find theres talent in Nashville, Knoxville, and Johnson city before the years over. I hope I can recognize talent when that happens.

so its not like youve played, Seigal, Oak Ridge, Karns, Stone memorial, Alcoa, etc.... People just dont respect you guys, plain and simple. I think you will find theres talent in Nashville, Knoxville, and Johnson city before the years over. I hope I can recognize talent when that happens.

Please, save the bio thing. I respect talent. I really do. I know that there are quality teams in other parts of the state. In fact BTW lost the 2A state championship a couple of years ago to Knoxville Fulton by 1 point. I respect that. Its just WAY more talent in Memphis and the jackson area. Now my good sir I'm just starting facts. Those teams that you named are not power houses. Memphis teams consistently win championships. BTW is just another one of those teams ready to head to the boro (hopefully because anyone can be beat). OAN, is Austin East good anymore? I remember BTW would always end up playing them on the state tourney

AE is mediocre this year. Playing in their district finals tomorrow. You just dont get it do you? I can see why, it must be contagious or something. You and your coach are both eat up with the DA. Its not about talent, or state championships, or the Boro. Its about teaching young men respect, sportsmanship, integrity, class etc.... You talk about all this talent all the time, how many will actually obtain a college degree, or actually play college ball? I would bet for every one TALENTED BBAll player in Memphis theirs ten that fall through the cracks, theres the ones we need to reach, so save that "Were more talented" crap for someone that doesnt know any better. we all know by shear numbers, Memphis is going to have more talent than the rest of the state, so congrats on that! This isnt about talent, Its about running up the score on an undermanned team, and enjoying it so much!

Are u serious? LOL. I give you a breif synopsis of my background, and then you can see if you think I know what talent is? I played HS BBall, Played College BBall, Coached AAA BBAll at the highest levels, and refereed for over 25 years! Reffed the state tourny twice. My son Played 4 years of college BBall and is currently a successful AAA BBall coach that is on his way to the regional tourny, My daughter is a DI golfer and my my wife was an Awsome Cheeleader for all of us! LOL,Now, I think I know what pure talent is ok? I am saying that your coach and the AD there should at the very least, be called on the carpet and told that this is not in the spirit of TSSAA sports and if weve already beaten this team twice by 100 points, maybe we should just move the JV team up for one night and take it easy on them. I have looked at your schedule and according to CoachT, its the 107th toughest schedule in the state, so its not like youve played, Seigal, Oak Ridge, Karns, Stone memorial, Alcoa, etc.... People just dont respect you guys, plain and simple. I think you will find theres talent in Nashville, Knoxville, and Johnson city before the years over. I hope I can recognize talent when that happens.

I agree that we have a lot to be proud of concerning the overall level of talent in TN high school basketball, but it is absolutely absurd to think that the level of talent across the state is on par with Memphis. It really isn't even close, I have no dog in this fight but you have to realize that Memphis is top to bottom one of the best basketball cities in the US, period, and while it's not near as apparent in the lower classifications, the teams you mentioned ( Siegel, Oak Ridge, Alcoa, etc.) would get destroyed in Memphis