Region 6A

Vandychris

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Region 6A tournament in Waynesboro?

What an interesting development in the region....we have 2 teams (one girls, one boys) that everyone expects to be in the semi-finals that will be watching from bleachers...is this because of everyone else getting better or them not reaching potential or living up to expectations

If you're talking about WC girls and I assume you are, no one in WC besides maybe a few of the parents expected them to be in the semis. They were just really bad this year, and several of the players couldn't wait for the season to be over....sad but true. And earlier in the year I expected Stown guys to at least make it to the semis, but after watching them the last few games I would say it's definitely not a surprise that they're done.

• Upvote 1

The Cully/PC game was a lot closer than the final score would lead you to believe. PC was single digits in the 4th when there was a Cully Coach Tech Foul and a player flagrant intentional. That with PC making 14 of 22 in the 4th stretched it out to the final 15 point margin. PC half court offense wasn't very good first three quarters but we made our free throws in the 4th. The D overall was very good. Cully came to play and made it a ballgame but never had a lead at any time during the game. No head hanging justified by Cully.

Yes, I heard it was a tough game. That was a big win. The srs are handling the pressure well and KH is doing a good job. I hopw you guys make it to the Boro

A win is a win, but it don't get much uglier than that for WC. Tonite was definitely a trap game for the cats b/c of such an emotional win against PC in the dist finals and plus we're just not the kind of team that can show up and win no matter who we're playin, but it seemed we sure thought that tonight. I don't doubt 18-46 from the free throw line was the correct stat that you mentioned cat1973. I guarantee Shaq would shoot better than that from the free throw line. Hope they get this out of their system and bring it again Tues night.

maybe this was their "down" game and they can get back on a roll. If they play like that vs C'wood might not be able to pull it out.

If you're talking about WC girls and I assume you are, no one in WC besides maybe a few of the parents expected them to be in the semis. They were just really bad this year, and several of the players couldn't wait for the season to be over....sad but true. And earlier in the year I expected Stown guys to at least make it to the semis, but after watching them the last few games I would say it's definitely not a surprise that they're done.

yeah, it is wc girls...was saying that on an annual basis us fans in 12 expect the wc girls to be better than anything 11 has to offer and the stown boys to be one of the top 4 in the region

Perry Co.'s going to have to play ALOT better then they have the past 3 weeks...they're playing like they don't care anymore and this is going to be a big deal if we don't make it back to the buro....i wish them luck...if Coach David Lee was still there he would say, "reach down and see if u have any to grab." because thats all PC needs is someone to get them pissed and they'll play to their potential

Congrats to cwood.. Richland looked like they were sleep walking til trailing by 8 with 3 min to go and woke up to cut it to 1. Cwood free throws ballgame. I have a referee beef. He DIDNT COST RICHLAND THE GAME.. but Mcneese from MTP shouldnt get to referee any region game.. He made sure that Cwood got 2 free throws when it should have been ball out of bounds. charge. He said pushin i guess. Hard to push if u have the ball.. Offensive foul yes not free throws. Mr. frierson good ref but he shouldnt get to ref any district 11 games either. he didnt tonite but did during season. TSSAA needs to look at this. Good luck to all the rest of the way.

I agree that refs with dist or region connections should not be allowed to call within it this time of year. However, i have to correct you that it was jones who made the push call on Richland. Mcneese later made the same call on the other end but Richland was not in the bonus.. But i do agree with you on that he should not have been there in the first place.

Wayne Co.- 65

Santa Fe - 60

Triple OT

Congrats to WC for pulling out the win, but dont blame the closeness on free throws if you werent at the game. It was amazing and both teams played their hearts out. Santa fe had shots rim out at the end of regulation, 1st OT, and 2nd OT. Those men played their game and were well coached. Let's give them a little credit for playing well and wish luck to WC in the next game. RG6 is gonna be well represented this year.

Big game tomorrow night. Time to play to potential or go home.

On a side note im surprised Cwood doesn't have a single vote in the poll.

Nobody has the confidence in a young Cwood team to win the big game. mostly due to their age, but because they have been so up and down all year. Many of these people just look at who teams lost to, they dont really kow much about other teams. and cwood shows losses to team that are not really strong in the season. However, they are much better right now than they were in Jan. They could really be tough without the injuries(Butler) I expect WC vs Cwood to be very exciting. hope both teams show up.