Region 6A

Vandychris

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Region 6A tournament in Waynesboro?

Wayne Co.- 65

Santa Fe - 60

Triple OT

Congrats to cwood.. Richland looked like they were sleep walking til trailing by 8 with 3 min to go and woke up to cut it to 1. Cwood free throws ballgame. I have a referee beef. He DIDNT COST RICHLAND THE GAME.. but Mcneese from MTP shouldnt get to referee any region game.. He made sure that Cwood got 2 free throws when it should have been ball out of bounds. charge. He said pushin i guess. Hard to push if u have the ball.. Offensive foul yes not free throws. Mr. frierson good ref but he shouldnt get to ref any district 11 games either. he didnt tonite but did during season. TSSAA needs to look at this. Good luck to all the rest of the way.

Wayne Co.- 65

Santa Fe - 60

Triple OT

A win is a win, but it don't get much uglier than that for WC. Tonite was definitely a trap game for the cats b/c of such an emotional win against PC in the dist finals and plus we're just not the kind of team that can show up and win no matter who we're playin, but it seemed we sure thought that tonight. I don't doubt 18-46 from the free throw line was the correct stat that you mentioned cat1973. I guarantee Shaq would shoot better than that from the free throw line. Hope they get this out of their system and bring it again Tues night.

A win is a win, but it don't get much uglier than that for WC. Tonite was definitely a trap game for the cats b/c of such an emotional win against PC in the dist finals and plus we're just not the kind of team that can show up and win no matter who we're playin, but it seemed we sure thought that tonight. I don't doubt 18-46 from the free throw line was the correct stat that you mentioned cat1973. I guarantee Shaq would shoot better than that from the free throw line. Hope they get this out of their system and bring it again Tues night.

I agree...

The Cully/PC game was a lot closer than the final score would lead you to believe. PC was single digits in the 4th when there was a Cully Coach Tech Foul and a player flagrant intentional. That with PC making 14 of 22 in the 4th stretched it out to the final 15 point margin. PC half court offense wasn't very good first three quarters but we made our free throws in the 4th. The D overall was very good. Cully came to play and made it a ballgame but never had a lead at any time during the game. No head hanging justified by Cully.