Region 6A

Vandychris

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Region 6A tournament in Waynesboro?

Vikings walk away with a 15 point win. But im extremely pissed about the lack of All Region Players PC got. Seriously Region Champs and only 2 All Region players? Runner Up gets 3 and WC gets 2 as well.

I say BS.

Since when does the winner not get the most players named to the team? That does sound like BS.

First of all congrats to Pc on the Region Championship!! Way to get after it out there... I think everyone is pretty ticked over the all region team! I couldn't help but laugh it was a joke. How does the runner up get 3 players on the team and wayne co get 2 when the Champion only gets 2? Pc had a bare minimum of 3 players deserving and could without question make a case for all of the starting 5. Garrett Hill was the motor of the machine during the entire tournament with his relentless D. Taylor Dill stepped up huge playing more aggressively on offense while continuing his stellar defensive play. Gilboy grabbed big board after big board and had some crucial put backs all tournament long. Congrats to Jacob and Cannon for making the team and to you other guys you may not get a trophy for it but everyone in Pc is well aware of your level of play all tournament long!

Apparently since WC hosts Region.

WC has nothing to do with who makes it other than counting ballots along w another school. When 12 ppl make it from 8 teams, sometimes deserving ppl get left off the team. Coaches often tell each other they will vote for another coach's player if they return the favor, and in doing so, more ppl make it from the quarterfinal teams...which means less for the semis and finals teams. I know at least 3 quarterfinal teams had a selection, and maybe 4...the two semifinal teams got two each, so that leaves 5 spots...this time it happ to work out that cwood got 3 and PC 2. Having said all that, I believe PC should have probably had 3, but my guess is that the votes for their 3rd spot were split between Hill and Dill, thus leaving them both shy of having enough votes to make it. On the bright side, PC will be hosting Monday so be happy!!:)

First of all congrats to Pc on the Region Championship!! Way to get after it out there... I think everyone is pretty ticked over the all region team! I couldn't help but laugh it was a joke. How does the runner up get 3 players on the team and wayne co get 2 when the Champion only gets 2? Pc had a bare minimum of 3 players deserving and could without question make a case for all of the starting 5. Garrett Hill was the motor of the machine during the entire tournament with his relentless D. Taylor Dill stepped up huge playing more aggressively on offense while continuing his stellar defensive play. Gilboy grabbed big board after big board and had some crucial put backs all tournament long. Congrats to Jacob and Cannon for making the team and to you other guys you may not get a trophy for it but everyone in Pc is well aware of your level of play all tournament long!

Agree totally. This is why this should be done away with. PC always gets the shaft. I know if I had the first 3 picks, who I would choose and they would all be from PC, but hopefully they are all concerned with the big gold ball instead of a little man on a wooden base.

Thats typical Wayne co. They try to get you one way or another its always been that way

Yep, that's Wayne Co. for ya. We are always out to get ppl some how.....What happened is us folks from over here in WC paid all the coaches to pick who we wanted. We didn't want to give any of the players from Perry County all region but we couldn't make it that obvious. You Perry County ppl remind me of Dale Gribble. You think someone is always out to get little ol' Perry County folk. You are runner-up in District and win Region to host the Substate to have a pretty easy road to the state tournament, but you still aren't happy. They have to pick from eight teams and it's voted on by the coaches. Say PC would have finished 3rd or 4th.... ya'll would have raised heck if MtP or C'wood had gotten 4 or 5 players and PC only got one. I mean really.... What about the other kids that played really good for their teams?

Poor little ol' Perry County :( Go and find mama and tell her so she can make it all better.....ok :wub:

• Upvote 2

Yep, that's Wayne Co. for ya. We are always out to get ppl some how.....What happened is us folks from over here in WC paid all the coaches to pick who we wanted. We didn't want to give any of the players from Perry County all region but we couldn't make it that obvious. You Perry County ppl remind me of Dale Gribble. You think someone is always out to get little ol' Perry County folk. You are runner-up in District and win Region to host the Substate to have a pretty easy road to the state tournament, but you still aren't happy. They have to pick from eight teams and it's voted on by the coaches. Say PC would have finished 3rd or 4th.... ya'll would have raised heck if MtP or C'wood had gotten 4 or 5 players and PC only got one. I mean really.... What about the other kids that played really good for their teams?

Poor little ol' Perry County :( Go and find mama and tell her so she can make it all better.....ok :wub:

I wonder how much the WC fans would have cried if Austin Rice wouldn't have made it? What exactly did he do in Region Tourny play anyway?

I wonder how much the WC fans would have cried if Austin Rice wouldn't have made it? What exactly did he do in Region Tourny play anyway?

I guess about as upset as you get you Tucker doesn't get anything.....:cry: but it's funny that you bring that up because that's the only thing you think to say to justify yourself because you know I'm right about Perry County ppl always cryin about how their done wrong. Also, you call yourself a guru? "Oh there is just no way Perry County can be beat....no way.....shut up Jay. Why do you pick against them for Jay? Perry County is unbeatable. PC's startin five will score 100 points a piece....mark it down. Tucker and Rhodes will put up 60 alone." The fact is, Sportsfan makes better unbiased predictions than you do!!!!

I guess about as upset as you get you Tucker doesn't get anything.....:cry: but it's funny that you bring that up because that's the only thing you think to say to justify yourself because you know I'm right about Perry County ppl always cryin about how their done wrong. Also, you call yourself a guru? "Oh there is just no way Perry County can be beat....no way.....shut up Jay. Why do you pick against them for Jay? Perry County is unbeatable. PC's startin five will score 100 points a piece....mark it down. Tucker and Rhodes will put up 60 alone." The fact is, Sportsfan makes better unbiased predictions than you do!!!!

:thumb:

While we all know scoring isn't everything, scoring is usually everything when selecting all tourney bc when u don't get to see any quarterfinal games except for your own (thanks TSSAA...would love to have 4 girls games at region site on Friday night and 4 boys games at region site on Sat nite), the coaches are gonna look at a box score to try and "guess" who may have played well...semis get a better view except when the quarterfinal coaches who were eliminated don't attend (which happens) and then they're still going off a box score...and the ballots have to be turned in by halftime of finals, so even if someone had a great second half, it would more than likely go unnoticed. So, what exactly did A Rice do in two region tourney games? 17 and 18 pts for a total of 35 and I don't have stats in front of me, but a slew of rebounds and assists and great defense. What did Dill do? 3, 10, 4 for 17 pts in 3 games. Hill...4, 6, 6 for 16 pts in 3 games...not exactly earth shattering if you r making your selections based on box scores. Now, having seen PC once during season and twice in District and twice in Region, I can tell you that Hill is the glue that holds it all together and he is a very valuable asset. If he was injured or got in foul trouble, PC would be in trouble. While feelings get hurt over all tourney selections, it's the parents and fans who make a bigger deal about it than the the players so let it go. Hopefully Dill and Hill will use it as motivation and fuel that Viking ship to the state tourney. No one remembers who gets all tourney. Ppl remember the great TEAMS and how far they advance (or don't advance). And to answer your post, no one got excited when Rice didn't get all district this yr. We were just all thankful he decided to play bball this year. He's a great kid...can't wait to watch him in a few wks on the mound...his true "best sport.". Good luck Trojans and Vikings in substate...represent D12/R6!!