9AAA

TSSAABaseball24

Not very sure on exactly who, I just know AAA is super competitive and has a lot of good pitchers that have the capability to shut down a high school line up. I'm definitely not downing MJ at all. I think they have a great ball club and have a very legitimate shot to win it all.

While I agree that AAA has some good pitching but not all them have the depth that MJ has and that becomes key this time of year for all teams left. I am not a MJ parent or brother or anything I just know most of the kids because my kid played summer ball with them a few years ago.

Rossview vs. Station Camp

3-2 Rossview after 10 innings ?

Sorry to not respond earlier, tough to swallow this one. You guys should blister them tonight. We had many opportunities, yet couldn't get a call or a key hit, I'll get back to the calls... Lee pitched one of his best, 9 innings, yes lots of pitches. The kid didn't want this season to end and was lights out with a couple errors producing 2 unearned runs. Not giving details, that way doesn't sound like I'm blaming, but the problems all year at a couple key positions finally bit SC. Bottom of the 10th, the strike zone disappears, as in the 3 and 4 hitters were struck out more than once. It's like these guys say screw SC, I'm outta here. Call at 3rd, plays at 1st, and no strikes from Lacey whose been $$ all year. Sounds like sour grapes, yes I'll hear it, but until it's run up your a$&, you don't know. Even had Rossview parents agree it wasn't right. Up to the 10th, it was a even called game, then goes south. Good luck to MJ, best chance for 9AAA to put 2 in State was here.

Edited by haebvols

Sorry to not respond earlier, tough to swallow this one. You guys should blister them tonight. We had many opportunities, yet couldn't get a call or a key hit, I'll get back to the calls... Lee pitched one of his best, 9 innings, yes lots of pitches. The kid didn't want this season to end and was lights out with a couple errors producing 2 unearned runs. Not giving details, that way doesn't sound like I'm blaming, but the problems all year at a couple key positions finally bit SC. Bottom of the 10th, the strike zone disappears, as in the 3 and 4 hitters were struck out more than once. It's like these guys say screw SC, I'm outta here. Call at 3rd, plays at 1st, and no strikes from Lacey whose been $$ all year. Sounds like sour grapes, yes I'll hear it, but until it's run up your a$&, you don't know. Even had Rossview parents agree it wasn't right. Up to the 10th, it was a even called game, then goes south. Good luck to MJ, best chance for 9AAA to put 2 in State was here.

Sorry to that the game ended this way, Rossview looked tired tonight, Kyle smith had 6 RBI's a 3 run HR ...a 2 run HR and a deep SAC....Hoping for a win Firday

Edited by FightinIllini

Sorry to that the game ended this way, Rossview looked tired tonight, Kyle smith had 6 RBI's a 3 run HR ...a 2 run HR and a deep SAC....Hoping for a win Firday

Wonder if they wore those nasty whites... sort of like a playoff beard, but with holes, tears, and lots of dirt. Good luck to MJ, keep the 9AAA ride alive, pulling for you.

Any news on signings, besides smith and 3 from Gallatin?

Mount Juliet

Kyle Smith Vanderbilt

Bret Smith Cumberland University

Mason Barber Murray State

Caleb Chowbay Belmont ( basketball)

Forrest Goodwin Centre College

I'm thinking about 4 more should know something soon.

Edited by FightinIllini

I know who should win, but I'm gonna go with the "on any give night" theory. Bobkittens stun the Bears tonight. Not one of Overton's better teams but just might be one of those nights. Has Overton lost this game to Mt. Juliet the last 3 or 4 years in a row?

MJ is ranked 34th nationally for a reason, depth....talent....sure anyone can lose/win on any given night, that's why they play the game....

MJ over Overton 9-0

Arlington over Collierville

Walker Valley over Tullahoma

Also Farragut over D-B, Riverdale over Warren Cty., and Franklin over Rossview. Didn't see scores on Bearden-Jeff. Co. or Hardin Co.-Germantown. Looks like a stout field so far. Since last game, SC players are getting some bites, should have some news soon.

Mount Juliet

Kyle Smith Vanderbilt

Bret Smith Cumberland University

Mason Barber Murray State

Caleb Chowbay Belmont ( basketball)

Forrest Goodwin Centre College

I'm thinking about 4 more should know something soon.

Should have some news soon... they've come out of the woodwork since the season ended. Not quite sure how to wrap around that, but still... Should have 3-4 sign from SC.