Maryville to get new turf

Rebelsman

Was the field shifted north or south at all. I noticed there is turf that goes all the way up to the visitors bleachers, between the stairs. Was this just to give them some extra room or did the home side steal a few feet?

The field was shifted about 4 or 5 feet toward the Don Story Athletic Center (it made my tickets better). This gave a little more room beyond the Cedar Street end zone. I don't believe it was shifted from the home side toward the visitors' side. However, in the middle of the visitor side more room was created for the visiting team by creating an extra platform in front of the visitors' stands from about the 40yd line to the other 40yd line.

Edited by OldRebel2

Saw a picture of the turf (before painting of school colors or anything like that) and it looked real nice. Looks like a small college. When is it suppose to be finished? I apologize if this has been mentioned before. Did not feel like searching back through the messages.

I heard they expect to finish it this week. The Red M and the endzone lettering is not painted. It is actually cut out and the lettering is seamed into the field.

Ok...now that turf is almost done. What about the scoreboard ? Size,and will it do replays?

I am going to guess 8'x8' and yes it will do replays and anything else digital. Coach West's media class wil most likely do the camera work. There will be commercials, school and public announcements. It will basically do anything you want it to do. :thumb:

Just came from the stadium , looks like the field is all but done. They were spreading the sand and have already put the rubber balls in. As I was leaving the flatbed containing the jumbo tron (i assume) and the signage was parked on Cedar St and the crane had just pulled up. So I would venture to guess that it is all but finished. The field is truly beautiful , that RED and BLACK is a great combination. I spoke with an "official" the other night and as far as I hear there will be no instant replay at least on controversial plays. I cannot wait to see it under the lights. They have also moved all of the speakers for the PA system to the top of the press box and have added other necessary items to ensure everything stays as it is.

Edited by GREYRIDER

I am going to guess 8'x8' and yes it will do replays and anything else digital. Coach West's media class wil most likely do the camera work. There will be commercials, school and public announcements. It will basically do anything you want it to do. :thumb:

I'm pretty sure replays are not part of the intended use of the video board

The question was, "Will it do replays?" The answer is yes it will. Now, the decision has not been made whether they will use it or not. They definitely will not use it on controversial plays.

I wasn't responding to him, I was responding to you & the decision on replays has been made, just not necessarily announced.