Maryville to get new turf

Rebelsman

Heard a funny story from my brother. My brother went to Maryville High School to look at the new field. He ran into one of the coaches. Coach told him for years he heard people in cars as they were passing by Maryville High School on West Broadway holler,Maryville Sux,Maryville cheats or Maryville recruits. The 1st day the new turf was put down coach told my brother that someone passing by on West Broadway hollered "The new field sux"

I remember back in the day when Maryville High School and Maryville Jr High would practice on the Jr High practice field. Everyday during those 5 years I would hear at least 4-5 times someone passing by in a car hollering Maryville sux. I hear peaople passing by in cars before Maryville games hollering Maryville sux. I would like to have a dollar everytime I heard someone say Maryville sux. Could pay my house off and buy a brand new vehicle.

HEHEHEHE:roflol:, It just fuels the machine my friend. The hate , jealousy and ignorance continue. I keep hearing the REBEL fans that work with county fans in the city and county systems talk about how they are jumped on "because they won't get any raises now because of the new field" , that in itself just explains why they are in the shape that they are in their programs and other areas. Eat your freaking hearts out!

Edited by GREYRIDER

HEHEHEHE:roflol:, It just fuels the machine my friend. The hate , jealousy and ignorance continue. I keep hearing the REBEL fans that work with county fans in the city and county systems talk about how they are jumped on "because they won't get any raises now because of the new field" , that in itself just explains why they are in the shape that they are in their programs and other areas. Eat your freaking hearts out!

You lost me on that one gray. Must be ignorance from my murvil education.

BUT...

The field does look awesome!

What did everyone think about the aluminum dome being proposed for Alcoa's new high school design? I think it was in the times a few days ago. That looked like it will be pretty impressive with the aluminum dome and all.

Where is their cash coming from? Maybe we should charge them for use of our track!

Alcoa now has a new basketball gym that is really nice. Brand new baseball and softball facilities. Proposing an aluminum dome on their new school design. I'm sure their fake grass field can't be far behind. Gotta keep up with the Jones's'. IMO - they outta keep their turf. They have had a better field than us since I was a kid.

OK.....Lett me ansir sum ov thes isshoes.....Eye like tha knew rug...Hits purtee...

Eye won't two thank all them happy peepull drivin' bye and shoutin nastee werds att our boys...Thay add two tha masheen...Now tha "recrutin" stuff....well eye repreesent that staitment....so.....

Hits looks like Alcouh's knew doam ort two haiv a big ole fasemask and that little 'nader on tha side ov hit inn my opinyun.....and az fer az tha cash....well sx....We haiv maid munny one way orr tha othur att Mairvul fer yeers.... :popcorneater:

Quick Question. Can schools who play at Maryville wears their steel tip cleats on the new turf? Surely everyone would not have to buy different cleats just to play at Maryville. Just curious how that would work.

I understand that no special cleats are required. I heard the baseball team will also be using the field next February so I assume the shoes won't be an issue.

That looks extremely nice! I think that is a great way to honor past Rebel state championship teams.

I also noticed that there were 14 state championship banners pictured in the artist's rendering. Subliminal messaging possibly? :roflolk:

There was some poll championship in 1964.

There was some poll championship in 1964.

I have no doubt about the poll championship won in 1964, but if you look closely at the picture, you can see that the first one says 1970 and the fourteenth says 2012. I just thought it was something funny, I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Rebels win it all again this year. :hungry:

2janfas.jpg