Strength Of Schedule (The Myth)

nebuntyn

Some of those teams may have a chance to win the gold ball but I still see it traveling back to west Tn. All 3 came across the river last year and I expect the same this year as well. Hard for me to believe there are ANY single A teams better than BTW, Lake Co., Humboldt, Westwood, Middleton and TCA. Sad thing is only 2 of those will make the final 8. That is the way it goes though. In AA will be difficult for anyone to beat Boliver or Liberty and as for AAA name a memphis team left and they have a great shot at it. The only thing that could hurt West Tn is if by the luck or unluck of the draw some have to play each other in the first round. Last year Middleton and Lake Co. were fortunate enough to get on oposite sides of the bracket and you ended up with an all west TN final. It is basketball and upsets happen (Dyer Co., Southwind are good examples) but I feel the strength of basketball in TN is in the west again this year.

Good post and good argument. I understand this. Hard to argue with logic and facts. I think at this point the games could go either way.

Stone Memorial, Science hill, Sullivan East, Alcoa, Unicoi County, West, ooltewa, cookville, segiel, Blackman, CPA,

McEwen, Frienship Christian, and some others may have a say where the gold ball ends up. Unless their close enough to memphis for u guys to claim them.

Science Hill is the only team with a chance. although i wish Austin East was still good. used to like their program.

Good post CPA4ever.....I will check them out this week. I saw them last year and they had the best talent in the Middle Tn area. where are their regionals being played? Are you a CPA alum?

Not a CPA alum, a former CPA parent who still enjoys watching them. Regionals are at Stratford and it is the same bracket as the District 10 semis was. All District 10 teams won their first game.

I know West Tn. has a right to be confident, but this CPA team is not your typical Mid. Tn. team. They have beat some really good teams this year in tournaments, including two top teams in Kentucky and one from LA. And the interesting thing is they start one senior (Belmont signee) and 4 sophomores. Better get them this year-they will be even better the next two years. They play full court, fast for 32 minutes and go 9 deep keeping everyone fresh.

• Upvote 1

Some of those teams may have a chance to win the gold ball but I still see it traveling back to west Tn. All 3 came across the river last year and I expect the same this year as well. Hard for me to believe there are ANY single A teams better than BTW, Lake Co., Humboldt, Westwood, Middleton and TCA. Sad thing is only 2 of those will make the final 8. That is the way it goes though. In AA will be difficult for anyone to beat Boliver or Liberty and as for AAA name a memphis team left and they have a great shot at it. The only thing that could hurt West Tn is if by the luck or unluck of the draw some have to play each other in the first round. Last year Middleton and Lake Co. were fortunate enough to get on oposite sides of the bracket and you ended up with an all west TN final. It is basketball and upsets happen (Dyer Co., Southwind are good examples) but I feel the strength of basketball in TN is in the west again this year.

I would like to see the "luck of the draw" be eliminated by seeding the 8 teams that get to state in each classification.

How are you going to seed them? Can't go by record and who would determine it? Got to win sometime even if the championship is first game.

The system is not perfect,but I like it.Open it up to interpetation,and politics soon follow.Just for kicks everyone "seed"(rank) the teams left in it and you'll see what I mean.Guess I might as well start.Lake Co.,BTW,Westwood,Humboldt,Perry Co.,Middleton,enter two middle/east teams,Union City,and leaning Trinity to round out the list,in that order.The top four are interchangable,I put Lake first because they are the reiging champs and have won in that enviroment.The top six have a shot,but a hard row to hoe.Sorry middle/east divisions for the "slight",I don't know enough about the teams,just dont think they're upper echelon.

Not a CPA alum, a former CPA parent who still enjoys watching them. Regionals are at Stratford and it is the same bracket as the District 10 semis was. All District 10 teams won their first game.

I know West Tn. has a right to be confident, but this CPA team is not your typical Mid. Tn. team. They have beat some really good teams this year in tournaments, including two top teams in Kentucky and one from LA. And the interesting thing is they start one senior (Belmont signee) and 4 sophomores. Better get them this year-they will be even better the next two years. They play full court, fast for 32 minutes and go 9 deep keeping everyone fresh.

I agree 100%. will you be there for the regionals?

I agree 100%. will you be there for the regionals?

Will be at semis tomorrow but not finals. Not taking anything for granted. If you have a bad night and your opponent has a good one, it can be a quick end to a great season. East Lit is very good. If we meet them again, it is hard to beat a good team 4 times in a row.