Westwood at TCA Region 8 semi finals

ReitzFan

Got to slip down and watch BTW and Westwood play tonight and came away feeling pretty good about the chances of 14-A. TCA and Middleton are very good teams but in my opinion from last night's performance not at the level of Humboldt and Lake Co. Honestly from all the hype of BTWSherriff I expected the warriors to be ALOT better. They are a very good Single A team but no better than the teams Lake CO. has seen this year in Liberty, Jackson Southside, Brentwood and Humboldt. Middleton is a scrappy bunch but would have finish at best 3rd in district 14-A(if they could have swept Union City). TCA has a very nice team as well and would have most likely finished 3rd-5th depending on matchups with Middleton(who they split with) and UC. BTW strengths are obviously their athleticism and length but saw some obvious weakness in their game as well. Middleton's ballhandlers not as good as Lake Co. or Humboldt which hurt them tonight. Newby, real deal offensively for sure. I think the memphis schools found out tonight that road to the state is not going to be as easy as they thought. TCA takes down Westwood and BTW got all they wanted from Middleton.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not knocking your call of the game tonight Reitz,but I'm glad that I didn't have to listen(I was there!).Tonights game exemplifies everything that coaches(the good ones)try and instill into young players hearts and heads,and would be the ideal tutorial video. No slight intended toward the Trinity kids(just the opposite),but talent-wise they had no buisness beating Westwood tonight and that's the cold hard fact of the matter,they were outmanned in every tangable aspect of the game.As for the intangables,Westwood did not deserve to be on the same floor with the Lions.Heart,desire,determination,pride...call it whatever you like,Trinity had every opportunity to quit after falling behind early,instead they collectivly decided to give it everything they had,and the old adage of "leaving it all on the floor" is now personafied for everyone who was there.I've always respected Trinitys coaching staff as very good,and for the pregame preperation,in game adjustments,and positive attitude,I'd like to applaud Coach Northcutt,great job Coach!!!

Well said on just about every point. Some things you can't teach and that's what makes teams like TCA dangerous to just about anybody, especially at home with a great fan base. Good luck to the Lions rest of the way!