Booker T Washington at Trinity Christian Region 8A champhionship

ReitzFan

I'm not a BTW or Humboldt fan, but I am a Liberty and West TN basketball fan. Here is my take on the BTW vs Humboldt game. Humboldt consistently chokes. Since 2006, they should have at least 2 gold balls and they have none. Humboldt's coach is terrible. They can be up 10-15pts and they will consistently jack up 3's etc. On the other hand, BTW should have more gold balls as well, but their coach is terrible. Having said that, I'll give BTW the edge because their at home. It would not suprise me if Humboldt won. I personally believe Lake County will win the gold ball for A. I truly don't believe it comes down to x's and o's. It takes a coach that's a great leader, that can make his team come together for one common goal. Humboldt and BTW lack that most of the time. I love Memphis and West Tn ball, it's the best by far but I call it, like I see it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SMART MAN!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#3 for Trinity went for 30 on Westwood. He went for 8 on BTW. GREAT coaching job last night by shutting him down with the box then controlling the game. Horrible coaching job by Trinity's coach by not knowing how to force the action and respond to the strategy. He could have prevented it. The TC players played well though.

Sheriff, the more I read the more I realize you just don't know basketball! Northcut was brilliant last night! Horton was the one who just about blew it. He could have easily forced the action while TCA was in the zone but he was scared to death they couldn't score. Northcut knew that TCA could not guard BT man to man so he shortened the game and gave TCA a chance! You don't have to be a genius to figure that one out.

I know what the response will be, but I wouldn't be speaking the truth if I don't put it out there. 1st I will say TCA is well coached, and they play hard. I think BTW would have eventaully opened the game up had they played there normal game. I doubt very seriously that IF this was just a regular season game the stall tactic would not have been the strategy used. Having so much stacked against you, as a coach you have to put your team in the best position possible to win the game. I like or chances at home more so than heading to

Lake County. The cooking is a lot better at home.

OAN, I don't believe in blaming the officials, but my God I witnessed 4 of the worst calls ever made all in succession & by the same official. Mind boggling but hey maybe just coincedence.

Give any coaches grandmother BTW's talent combined with their scedule and she'll win most every game that Horton has.

Ok, this summer BTW was slated to move down to single A because of a projected decease in student population due to CH being torn down. As you know, football schedules are created over the summer. The new football coach created his schedule based on singleA. With this all of BTW's teams were forced to play a single A schedule. This was still okay until TSSAA open up Single A to several new charter schools. 16A has 10 teams in one district, BTW, Westwood, Northside, Middle College, City University, MBA, MASE, MAHS, Power Academy, and MSE. TSSAA require all teams to play teams in their district twice. So that’s 18 required games for BTW. This forced them to remove AAA East, Hamilton, AA Hillcrest, Oakhaven and one game with Sheffield. With a 24 game max, BTW played in the Popular Bluff tournament, which they won, tournaments are a 2 game requirement, MIAA require all teams to set aside one game for City Championship, which they won. They played two games against their rival AA Carver, which they won, and one game with AA City Champions Sheffield, who are also headed to Monday night section game, which they also won. That is your 24 games people. As for Coach Horton's record, this is BTW's first season in single A. Some of you may not realize this, BTW has won the regional championship the last four years and have played in the sectionals 6 out of the last 8 years. The tradition of BTW runs deep on and off the court. This school takes the resources and talent within it community and still competes year in and year out. If you are not from Memphis you don't realize how hard it is to be competitive year after year with all the great schools in one city. Honestly, the move down to single A was really not a good move for BTW. I don’t know how you measure a coach; I guess it’s not on wins, consistency, longevity, or the quality of players but on how other school fans perceive you. I can almost promise you, next year around this time, we will be on CoachT having this same conversation about how bad coach Horton is and how overrated BTW is. It is the exact same conversation that has been held at least seven out of the last nine years.

Sheriff, the more I read the more I realize you just don't know basketball! Northcut was brilliant last night! Horton was the one who just about blew it. He could have easily forced the action while TCA was in the zone but he was scared to death they couldn't score. Northcut knew that TCA could not guard BT man to man so he shortened the game and gave TCA a chance! You don't have to be a genius to figure that one out.

Well on the contrary, you don't have to be a genius to won. You genius coach took an "L"

Thanks for the opinion. Once again, hats off to the Trinity players.